Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking Flagship View Post
    It's almost impossible to second guess what will turn up here but with nrnb bog it's worth a bit more ante post thought these days. One I took out of the weekend was MERI DEVIE. I've asked 365 for a price on her and they've come back with 16s (I had in my head that I wanted 20s). She seems to fit quite a few of the trends (cheers Gaultstats!)...

- 2nd season hurdler
    - Won a hurdle with at least 11 runners
    - Placed at graded level
    - Will have run within last 52 days of the festival
    - Trained by WPM

She ran 2nd in that good Fairyhouse handicap in early Dec behind David's Charm doing her best work late in the race, which has become a bit of a theme. Stepped up to 2m2f at the weekend she again finished well. She finished ahead of Delta Work (who I think Scooby has mentioned for this race) in a Grade 2 earlier this season, though admittedly 2m has proved over time to be insufficient for DW - but then so may it be for MD.

Anyway, for a Mullins horse with the same owners who had the well-backed fav last year, who has shown a liking for coming off a strong pace in a big-field handicap, has potential for improvement stepped up in trip, and off a sub-140 mark... I'm tempted to take some of the 16s nrnb.
    I have a feeling Meri Devie will end up in the County Hurdle, and the 25/1 NRNB is good enough for me, I think she'd have a good shout.

An interesting update in the Henderson blog this week:

“Despite saddling five runners in the Betfair Hurdle, sadly luck wasn’t on our side and it was LOUGH DERG SPIRIT who fared best of the quintet when finishing 6th and I was very pleased with that effort as he’d been off since early November. I can see him well capable of going up another half a mile and the Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys’ Hurdle could be next for him.”

Can’t see it quoted yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Cashew King View Post

“Despite saddling five runners in the Betfair Hurdle, sadly luck wasn’t on our side and it was LOUGH DERG SPIRIT who fared best of the quintet when finishing 6th and I was very pleased with that effort as he’d been off since early November. I can see him well capable of going up another half a mile and the Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys’ Hurdle could be next for him.”

Can’t see it quoted yet!
    My long range pick for the Arkle ending up in the Martin Pipe

Have you/anyone requested any prices?

Same here Kev. First bet I placed in this years Festival was LDS for the Arkle. Seemed a good idea at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    Same here Kev. First bet I placed in this years Festival was LDS for the Arkle. Seemed a good idea at the time.
    I know jono was keen as well so thats is proof that even 3 world-class judges can get things wrong

I have requested a price with 365.

Quote Originally Posted by Cashew King View Post

Can’t see it quoted yet!
    20/1 NRNB with 365 BOG 1/4 odds. Will be on within 24 hours.
    Lough Derg Spirit Rated OR 133 now.
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 02-16-2018 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    20/1 NRNB with 365 BOG 1/4 odds.
    Cheers Kev - Skybet have gone the same 20s NRNB

Looking at Hendo's best placed horses...

2009 - 1st - Andystown OR 133
    2010 - 2nd / 3rd / 5th Radium OR 131, Peveril OR 130, Lord Generous OR 135
    2011 - 3rd - First Point OR 138 (also had 11th and 12th)
    2012 - 3rd - Oscar Nominee OR 135
    2013 - 8th - Kells Bells 140 (also 13th)
    2014 - 5th One Lucky Lady OR 133 (also 8th)
    2015 - 8th - Full Shift OR 135
    2016 - PU and UR
    2017 - 5th - Thomas Campbell OR 137 and UR

The race only started in 2009, so that is all the data we have... but a pretty impressive place rate...

16 runners in total (not 100% accurate)

Placed finishes5 in the top 4 = 31.25%
    Top 5 placed Finished 8/16 = 50%
    Win rate 1 in 16 = 6.25%

I think I like the chances of Lough Derg Spirit hitting the frame and his slickness over the hurdles should be an advantage.

Backed Early doors 20/1 nrnb bog. Crying out for a step up in trip imo lightly campaigned and all over him for this. Been waiting along while for him to be added nrnb. And the price is well in line with what I was thinking. Would have a cracking chance.

Also added

le richebourg 16/1 bog nrnb. Who wants some decent ground

Whisky sour the other one to catch my eye and I like his mark but at this stage he's too short for me. Really like him though

And RED JACK
    Last edited by Scooby91; 02-16-2018 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Backed Early doors 20/1 nrnb bog. Crying out for a step up in trip imo lightly campaigned and all over him for this. Been waiting along while for him to be added nrnb. And the price is well in line with what I was thinking. Would have a cracking chance.

Also added

le richebourg 16/1 bog nrnb. Very simular reasoning

Whisky sour the only other one to catch my eye and I like his mark but at this stage he's too short for me
    Personally wouldn't class 4 runs as lightly campaigned and his mark looks quite high at 142 compared to some others... however I backed him earlier on so I am very pleased to see you have as well. I remember Kevin Blake saying they expected a big run from him before the race Mengli Khan won and also that he'd want better ground. I thought 20/1 was too big (is too big) for the horse than went off 6/4 in the bumper that VIsion Des Flos and Hollowgraphic were 2 lengths ahead.

I've now got Early Doors and Lough Derg Spirit e/w both 20s