Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Kim Muir 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I've posted elsewhere, Johnny Ward reporting Mall Dini dodging this for the 4 Miler. One (suspected) plot horse out of the calculations!

Comment

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
      As I've posted elsewhere, Johnny Ward reporting Mall Dini dodging this for the 4 Miler. One (suspected) plot horse out of the calculations!
      Poor decision imo, have him any race from earlier on but give him little chance in the 4 miler, well beaten by PP

Comment

Mall Dini's participation must surely hinge on whether he runs well in the Thyestes chase. He's currently on a mark of 143 and there is some Blue for that race on Oddschecker so he could be a likely runner and the handbrake could be off. If he wins or goes close, they'll have no choice but to go for the 4 miler anyway. I think the Thyestes may even be more prize money than the Kim Muir too so they could win 2 pots instead of one..... just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
          Mall Dini's participation must surely hinge on whether he runs well in the Thyestes chase. He's currently on a mark of 143 and there is some Blue for that race on Oddschecker so he could be a likely runner and the handbrake could be off. If he wins or goes close, they'll have no choice but to go for the 4 miler anyway. I think the Thyestes may even be more prize money than the Kim Muir too so they could win 2 pots instead of one..... just a thought.
          Exactly what I was thinking JM.

Comment

Cryptic clue time.

There is a horse who interests me for this who is entered up this weekend. He's ran in the Ultima twice (finishing 3rd and 6th), has won a Whitbread Gold Cup on decent ground and is 9 lbs lower than his last winning mark. Still only 9 yrs old so I'm hoping he hasn't regressed and is being plotted up for this race at the festival.

He's only priced up in a couple of places (25/1, or 20/1 nrnb) and is slightly below what I was hoping for.

Comment

The Young Master?

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                The Young Master?
                Yep. Am I right in thinking this will be the plan? Has a perfect rating for this race.

Comment

Seems to be fancied in places for the Skybet

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    Cryptic clue time.

There is a horse who interests me for this who is entered up this weekend. He's ran in the Ultima twice (finishing 3rd and 6th), has won a Whitbread Gold Cup on decent ground and is 9 lbs lower than his last winning mark. Still only 9 yrs old so I'm hoping he hasn't regressed and is being plotted up for this race at the festival.

He's only priced up in a couple of places (25/1, or 20/1 nrnb) and is slightly below what I was hoping for.
                    That’ll be the young master. This race is the target, saw mulholland confirm on Twitter the other day. I eyed him up but he was soundly enough beaten in 3rd and 6th two previous runs, and couldn’t see any form really where you’d be confident of him featuring

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                      That’ll be the young master. This race is the target, saw mulholland confirm on Twitter the other day. I eyed him up but he was soundly enough beaten in 3rd and 6th two previous runs, and couldn’t see any form really where you’d be confident of him featuring
                      His form this season is worry but you don't have to go too far back to find handicap form that would give him a decent chance in this off a mark of 139.

Comment

His form this season is worry but you don't have to go too far back to find handicap form that would give him a decent chance in this off a mark of 139.
                        True. Every chance he runs in the sky bet chase (as does L’ami Serge) according to Mulholland so will keep an eye on for some potential in the performance if he does run

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                          True. Every chance he runs in the sky bet chase (as does L’ami Serge) according to Mulholland so will keep an eye on for some potential in the performance if he does run
                          I've had a small be @20/1 nrnb with B365. I'll cash out straight after if he runs a shocker on Saturday

Comment

The Young Master is on my Grand National short list!

Not sure how I feel about seeing him tipped up here....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              The Young Master is on my Grand National short list!

Not sure how I feel about seeing him tipped up here....
                              He won't be running in the Grand National unless he wins before the weights are out Kev - he has slipped too far down the ratings, as things stand.

Comment

He won't be running in the Grand National unless he wins before the weights are out Kev - he has slipped too far down the ratings, as things stand.
                                That'd mean he needs to win/go close this weekend and then he'd not run here though was my thinking?

Comment

Working...
                                X