Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kim Muir 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Denmania View Post
    I know Scooby also likes the look at Minella Till Dawn for this.

Requested a 365 price and they've put in at 50's NRNB.

Worth a look id say.
    I completely agree. His form over 2m 4+ is pretty good, except for that last run at Punchestown last year. But chasing was always going to be his game in the long run. His Point form worked out and that was on heavy so JP has to have some sort of a plan over fences which ends in a handicap gamble at 3 miles! Squouateur had a prep in February for this last year and was unexposed at the trip. He does love a plot for this too, Sunnyhillboy the obvious one. He was a falling favourite in the 3 mile handicap the year before at his first run at the trip.

If he wins a prep in the next month or so (which he would have to do to get into the race), you'd have to think he'd be 16-20/1. So 50s NRNB is good for me. Maybe a muggy longshot EW multiple too ��

Mall Dini being primed for this I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Denmania View Post
    I know Scooby also likes the look at Minella Till Dawn for this.

Requested a 365 price and they've put in at 50's NRNB.

Worth a look id say.
    Only just seen this. But kev is right. He wouldn't get in of his current mark. But I deffinately think he will go some where in a handicap over 3 miles off that mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffees View Post
    I completely agree. His form over 2m 4+ is pretty good, except for that last run at Punchestown last year. But chasing was always going to be his game in the long run. His Point form worked out and that was on heavy so JP has to have some sort of a plan over fences which ends in a handicap gamble at 3 miles! Squouateur had a prep in February for this last year and was unexposed at the trip. He does love a plot for this too, Sunnyhillboy the obvious one. He was a falling favourite in the 3 mile handicap the year before at his first run at the trip.

If he wins a prep in the next month or so (which he would have to do to get into the race), you'd have to think he'd be 16-20/1. So 50s NRNB is good for me. Maybe a muggy longshot EW multiple too ��
    Good points

Minella Til Dawn entered up Sunday at Thurles. Given above comments might rate as a decent bet if he needs to be winning to make the festival

Quote Originally Posted by Robbante View Post
    Minella Til Dawn entered up Sunday at Thurles. Given above comments might rate as a decent bet if he needs to be winning to make the festival
    Interesting watch today obviously needs to do the business to get in. So will find out if his runs are too bad to be true. Or just bad. If he wins I'll take the 50/1 ew

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Interesting watch today obviously needs to do the business to get in. So will find out if his runs are too bad to be true. Or just bad. If he wins I'll take the 50/1 ew
    I had a little bit on at 11s for today earlier. A couple of his runs he’s looked top class, including when falling at the last in April last year when looking like he’d push Al Boum Photo close. Given that we can assume he’s running to win it today just think 11s was way overpriced.. a run like at fairyhouse would be good enough to take this

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    One to back today instead?

Sugar Baron mentioned in Nicky's blog a couple of days back

"He’ll probably take in the Kim Muir en-route to the Scottish Grand National – I think that’s a very good race for him."

If he does, will he have James Bowen on? that 3 lbs might be worth more than the 3 lbs claimed by Joshua Newman last time.... he was beaten 7L in 6th?

20/1 available, 16s NRNB - not a huge price but anyone like him? Had a win at Chelt this year too....

Bowen is a conditional not an amateur, Kev.