Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Kim Muir 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
    Minella Til Dawn entered up Sunday at Thurles. Given above comments might rate as a decent bet if he needs to be winning to make the festival
    Interesting watch today obviously needs to do the business to get in. So will find out if his runs are too bad to be true. Or just bad. If he wins I'll take the 50/1 ew
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Interesting watch today obviously needs to do the business to get in. So will find out if his runs are too bad to be true. Or just bad. If he wins I'll take the 50/1 ew
      I had a little bit on at 11s for today earlier. A couple of his runs he’s looked top class, including when falling at the last in April last year when looking like he’d push Al Boum Photo close. Given that we can assume he’s running to win it today just think 11s was way overpriced.. a run like at fairyhouse would be good enough to take this

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        One to back today instead?

Comment

Sugar Baron mentioned in Nicky's blog a couple of days back

"He’ll probably take in the Kim Muir en-route to the Scottish Grand National – I think that’s a very good race for him."

If he does, will he have James Bowen on? that 3 lbs might be worth more than the 3 lbs claimed by Joshua Newman last time.... he was beaten 7L in 6th?

20/1 available, 16s NRNB - not a huge price but anyone like him? Had a win at Chelt this year too....

Comment

Bowen is a conditional not an amateur, Kev.

Comment

Minella Til Dawn never put in the race then which was strange. Squouateur and mall dini (one or both) will be a warm order for this, Mall Dini finished ahead of Sugar Baron last year and they’ll both be off the same kind of marks this year I guess

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                Bowen is a conditional not an amateur, Kev.
                Haha, jeeez. 5 hours solid looking at the Friday has clearly messed with my head

Comment

Anyone else think de plotting shed could be being lined up for this?

Just took the 33s ew nrnb
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 22 January 2018, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Interesting one Scooby. No way he'd be anywhere close to 33s if he showed up here so looks a decent nrnb proposition. Would you think finishing in such proximity to Presenting Percy and Saturnas this season might scupper the chances of a sub-145 mark?

Comment

De Plotting Shed a decent bet as if running would be nowhere near that price. Loving the value you can get at the moment with nrnb in the handicaps. A fancy i have for this race is Doing Fine, Mulholland horse. Has decent course form (splitting Robinsfirth and SFP who i expect to go well in the Ultima). Would also seem to have a nice mark for this and fits most trends

Comment

Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                        Interesting one Scooby. No way he'd be anywhere close to 33s if he showed up here so looks a decent nrnb proposition. Would you think finishing in such proximity to Presenting Percy and Saturnas this season might scupper the chances of a sub-145 mark?
                        I don't know tbh he's shown a good level of form. But I don't think he will be given a too high rating. Hes deffinately wants further than the 2m he's been running over off late anyones guess to how they will evaluate his form into giving him a mark but it can't be too high i wouldn't have thought taking into account he has been beaten in all these runs.
                        I'd be very happy with 140- 143 and content with slightly over.

Comment

I just worry he might be the sort who'd have the British handicapper running for cover! Have joined you with a bit of the 33s nrnb though... he'd be in the first 3 or 4 in the betting if he went here.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                            De Plotting Shed a decent bet as if running would be nowhere near that price. Loving the value you can get at the moment with nrnb in the handicaps. A fancy i have for this race is Doing Fine, Mulholland horse. Has decent course form (splitting Robinsfirth and SFP who i expect to go well in the Ultima). Would also seem to have a nice mark for this and fits most trends
                            I feel I’ve followed Doing Fine to the well too many times now as he’s a perennial “eyecatcher” - always gets outpaced and always running-on late. That seems to be the case no matter what the distance/race conditions.

I started this thread by putting up Mall Dini at 33s and as I just said have added De Plotting Shed nrnb at 33s too. The other one I’ve got my eye on is What A Moment for the Pipes who like this race. He has a couple of Cheltenham wins to his name having won the same amateur riders race at Cheltenham’s November meeting for the last 2 years. Ambitiously went for the 4miler at last year’s festival and was actually running a decent race until probably not staying when going out like a light after 3rd last. Beat Sugar Baron last time out who is generally a much shorter price for the race and they’d meet on very similar terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                              I feel I’ve followed Doing Fine to the well too many times now as he’s a perennial “eyecatcher” - always gets outpaced and always running-on late. That seems to be the case no matter what the distance/race conditions.

I started this thread by putting up Mall Dini at 33s and as I just said have added De Plotting Shed nrnb at 33s too. The other one I’ve got my eye on is What A Moment for the Pipes who like this race. He has a couple of Cheltenham wins to his name having won the same amateur riders race at Cheltenham’s November meeting for the last 2 years. Ambitiously went for the 4miler at last year’s festival and was actually running a decent race until probably not staying when going out like a light after 3rd last. Beat Sugar Baron last time out who is generally a much shorter price for the race and they’d meet on very similar terms.
                              Doing Fine might have the Scottish National as season target as well so not sure if he’ll take the festival in this time. I’ve got Mall Dini at 25s and would still recommend the 14s nrnb, will go off half the price and will be there or thereabouts. What a moment looks a good shout

Comment

Bel ami de sivola
                                Call the taxie
                                Dr plotting shed my shortlist atm.

Squauteur too short but obvious claims.

Comment

Working...
                                X