Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kim Muir 2018

I’ve had Mall Dini down for this from the start so I hope that is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Wanted to look at this race as Squouateur came up on another thread...

2009 Character Building 9 1112 Jamie Codd John Quinn
    2010 Ballabriggs 9 1112 Richard Harding Donald McCain, Jr.
    2011 Junior 8 11-06 Jamie Codd David Pipe
    2012 Sunnyhillboy 9 11-11 Alan Berry Jonjo O'Neill
    2013 Same Difference 7 11-07 Ryan Hatch Nigel Twiston-Davies
    2014 Spring Heeled 7 11-06 Robbie McNamara Jim Culloty
    2015 The Package 12 11-04 Jamie Codd David Pipe
    2016 Cause of Causes 8 11-09 Jamie Codd Gordon Elliott
    2017 Domesday Book 7 11-04 Gina Andrews Stuart Edmunds

From that, nothing carrying a low weight has won in the last 10, so 'classier' the better?

Pipe has a ridiculous record recently, (gault last year) D/M Pipe trained four of the last 14 with The Package, Junior, Royal Predica and Maximise. Also Faasel has been second in both 2011 and 2010. Ran four in 2016 including Dr Harper fav and disappointing, Amigo 5th at 33s and Top Wood 25s 'disputing close second when fell 4 out'.

In 2017 he had Doctor Harper finish 7th, 14th and a PU too.

Broadway Buffalo (flagged up on page 1 by cpfcpatriot on page 1) is now 10 but looks to be the most likely candidate for him? 20/1 NRNB available... horse certainly stays and came 2nd to Cause of Causes over 4m at Cheltenham in 2015. 4th placed finish too as mentioned and Codd/Katie Walsh have both ridden him in the past.

He is still on my radar in a race that the fav is just too short to consider at this stage IMO
    I seem to remember Broadway Buffalo was retired by pipe a couple of weeks ago, something about his old leg injury re occurring....

Quote Originally Posted by Birds Nest View Post
    I seem to remember Broadway Buffalo was retired by pipe a couple of weeks ago, something about his old leg injury re occurring....
    Completely missed this.

Was wondering why he wasn’t entered today. Sad, I liked the horse, definitely had a big handicap in him pre-injury.

According to Tom George he could be sending Wild West Wind here, could be interesting

Pendra looks a solid option, based on previous festivals, likely to have O'connor on board and others near top of market could go elsewhere.
    And Squat is no value and has had a few chances now.
    16-1 Pendra isn't a steal but could see it going off shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by jonthehammer View Post
    I’ve had Mall Dini down for this from the start so I hope that is correct.
    I think they may be saving him for a Beginner's Chase at Thurles in 2020 (where he'll probably bump into Squouateur!)

Quote Originally Posted by quevega View Post
    Pendra looks a solid option, based on previous festivals, likely to have O'connor on board and others near top of market could go elsewhere.
    I'd persoanlly be a little put off by....

No run since last years Kim Muir
    In fact, just two runs since 2015.
    STILL trained by Charlie Longsdon?

17th / 5th / 3rd / 2nd at Cheltenham festival as you highlighted but still some leap and those odds look plenty short to me. COuld well go off shorter though being over bet as a JP handicap "plot"

Quote Originally Posted by quevega View Post
    You'll like this video on Pendra a few days ago with Charlie Longsdon then quevega

Derek got off the horse last year and was gutted. They ommited the 3rd last and he said that cost us the race. Would have given him a natural breather and helped him get up the hill
    He admits that it'll be tough to get him in better form than last year but they've had a clear run with him this year where as last year he had a month in the vets.

Agree that it looks very like O'Connor will ride again, with only Squouateur and Upswing in there for JP

Some might be put off by Longsdon's record at the festival (0/58) but that wouldn't be much of a factor for me.
    10 years old however we saw similar in 2015 - what a top amateur (Codd) can do on an older horse with fantastic prior placed festival form (P24P3) with The Package.

Interesting that we could very well have the same horse and jockey combinations lining up again this year:

Squouateur (Codd)
    Pendra (O'Connor)
    Mall Dini (Walsh)

It's no Plot horse. It's just got a solid chance.
    It went off at 16s last year and was bigger in the morning, purely as it hadn't run for a year.
    It probably should have won.
    It's proved the lay off is unlikely to disadvantage it.
    It's been trained for the race.
    It's only had 11 chase starts.
    I just think when race is finalised (assuming O'connor rides) the 16-1 may be as good as or better than available on day.
    and that's a lot of it's

yep I'd seen that Jono, thanks for posting,
    wanted a price before entries but bet365 went into lockdown couple of days ago for the handicaps