Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sam Spinner is my lay of the week.

Sam Spinner. Got to love him, he's gutsy and improving BUT..........all of his form is on soft or heavy ground and he's never ran at Cheltz before. I love horses with course form and especially proven Fest form and for this he's my lay.

At the prices:
    Apple's Shakira
    Sam Spinner
    Altior

I also think that Buveur D'Air is mentally short 2 months in advance without NRNB. Almost certain to be a special offer on the day.

They say Shakira has potential to be better than jade so I wouldn’t be laying her.

Quote Originally Posted by jonthehammer View Post
    They say Shakira has potential to be better than jade so I wouldn’t be laying her.
    Every horse has the potential to be anything so I'm not sure what difference that makes Just because it's her sister. She has beat very little to be that price both here and in France.

I genuinely think people are backing her at current price as if it is Apple's jade
    Last edited by Scooby91; 01-12-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Fair points Scooby, but Gumball has a rating of 143 and beat a 134 horse at Chepstow without coming off the bridle and as we all saw Apples Shakira put plenty of daylight between her and Gumball at Cheltenham, and looked to do it almost as effortlessly as Defi did with his challengers last year.
    Where does that place AS now ? 157/158 ? Which would be a lofty enough rating to win the Triumph...

Gumball took the boggiest route on the home straight whilst AS hogged the rail. I think the distance between them was exaggerated - though you'd be surprised if the form was reversed come March.

Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    Fair points Scooby, but Gumball has a rating of 143 and beat a 134 horse at Chepstow without coming off the bridle and as we all saw Apples Shakira put plenty of daylight between her and Gumball at Cheltenham, and looked to do it almost as effortlessly as Defi did with his challengers last year.
    Where does that place AS now ? 157/158 ? Which would be a lofty enough rating to win the Triumph...
    Gumballs rating id have to think is a pretty harsh one personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    Jusy seen the 158 comment, jesus, on what shes done 148 absolute max takimg no chances and that could be very harsh on connections. Shes ran in a couple of small field races and beat gumball, nube negra. Gumball is no 144 horse right now. But the handicappers took no
    Chances.
    Last edited by Scooby91; 01-12-2018 at 10:42 AM.

Apple's Shakira Fred Winter plot dead in the water then