Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Lay of the festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lay of the festival

Enjoying reading all of your fancies
    However,which of the favourites would you prefer to lay ?
    Might Bite for me
    Think he will puke his ring up half way up the hill and head for the Guinness tent
    Just my opinion,what's yours ?

See I thought that last year and despite his little detour he still rallied and got it done.

I'm not sure he'll win (think he's vulnerable to a proper full blown stayer) but I think his cruising speed and that they seem to know how to ride him a bit better now means I wouldn't be mad keen to be laying him

Comment

I think the frightening thing about Might Bite is how much he had left having virtually stopped. Never seen the like of it in a Championship race at the Festival.

At the prices, it would have to be Samcro for me. He may well be truly special, and I hope he is for all those on at fancy prices, but from a price / value perspective, 2/1 on what he's achieved, in what might be one of the hottest Novice races of the week. I'd gladly lay all day long. Especially when you factor in he's had a couple of niggles.

Comment

Apple’s Shakira for me. Think she is shorter than she should be because of who her sister is.

The last race she beat nothing and took her time getting there and the race before was impressive but her main rival went off too hard in front and fell in a hole at the end similar to Adrian De Pont against Coney Island.

Comment

Footpad will not win the arkle

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
            I think the frightening thing about Might Bite is how much he had left having virtually stopped. Never seen the like of it in a Championship race at the Festival.

At the prices, it would have to be Samcro for me. He may well be truly special, and I hope he is for all those on at fancy prices, but from a price / value perspective, 2/1 on what he's achieved, in what might be one of the hottest Novice races of the week. I'd gladly lay all day long. Especially when you factor in he's had a couple of niggles.
            He's beaten the same horses that next destination has and by further so the form isn't bad

I would like to see him winning a grade 1 though before lumping any cash on for the festival

Seen it too many times before as well, the big Irish hope coming over and blowing up. Death duty last year was a fine example

Comment

Samcro for me too - you’d need certifying to be backing it now at 2s and under.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulvers1985 View Post
                Footpad will not win the arkle
                ... pop in to the arkle thread and get some discussion going about why would mate .... good to have different opinions and I can't recall anyone being anything but effusive in the last month at least

Comment

Although not favourite, Faugheen at this stage wild bvd my last of the festival. At the odds I'd rather lay him than Samcro

Comment

Un de sceaux ryanair
                    Apple's shakira triumph
                    Our duke gold cup
                    Melon CH
                    Politologue qmcc
                    Presenting percy rsa

All massively too short. Only AS would have a chance of WINNING in my eyes but not one that her odds reflect.
                    If I could do a lay acca I would.
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Sam Spinner is my lay of the week.

Comment

Sam Spinner. Got to love him, he's gutsy and improving BUT..........all of his form is on soft or heavy ground and he's never ran at Cheltz before. I love horses with course form and especially proven Fest form and for this he's my lay.

Comment

At the prices:
                          Apple's Shakira
                          Sam Spinner
                          Altior

I also think that Buveur D'Air is mentally short 2 months in advance without NRNB. Almost certain to be a special offer on the day.

Comment

They say Shakira has potential to be better than jade so I wouldn’t be laying her.

Comment

Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                              They say Shakira has potential to be better than jade so I wouldn’t be laying her.
                              Every horse has the potential to be anything so I'm not sure what difference that makes Just because it's her sister. She has beat very little to be that price both here and in France.

I genuinely think people are backing her at current price as if it is Apple's jade
                              Last edited by Scooby91; 12 January 2018, 08:55 AM.
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                              X