Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Preview Nights 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
    He's shorter in the market for the AB??
    Samcro isn't in the AB. Maybe that's why.

How short a horse is, is relative to their chance, not which race they'll run in.

I'd personally really REALLY like him in the AB based on how he grinds it out and seems to find for pressure ... but then again Barters Hill looked the same and he's better at the middle trip.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kevloaf;64032]Samcro isn't in the AB. Maybe that's why.

How short a horse is, is relative to their chance, not which race they'll run in.

I'd personally really REALLY like him in the AB based on how he grinds it out and seems to find for pressure ... but then again Barters Hill looked the same and he's better at the middle trip.[/QUOTE

I did listen to the KB interview and he was a bit sketchy. My take (samcro/or no samcro) is that he'd be better suited in the AB, although it would have a bearing. I've 33s AB so might be a tad biased.

Comment

Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
        After Vinndication won that last race, Kim Bailey was talking about minding the horse etc.

Said it would maybe go to the Ballymore, as they had Red River for the 3m race.
        Yeah the mentioned saving him for Aintree as far as i can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
          RC,
          I was under the impression that the AB was the choice and not the Ballymore??? Im very taken with this horse and thought the ideal race would be the AB.
          Sorry Doctor only just seen this. You've probably seen Jono's quotes from the trainer by now on the Ballymore thread but just wanted to clarify my comment. I know of one of the owners (haven't seen him in donkey's years) but he is in touch with my best mate who I will be going to the Festival with. From what I have been told I don't think there is any doubt they are heading for the Ballymore and are very confident of a big run (although sure all trainers/owners say stuff like that). As mentioned on the Ballymore thread I backed him at the weekend (just 1 point) in the without Samcro market at 12s with BFSB (can get 10s NRNB with PP) and am looking for a decent top up the moment I am really confident Next Destination is not going for the same race, assuming double figures are still available.
          Last edited by Rhinestone_Cowboy; 25 February 2018, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
            Sorry Doctor only just seen this. You've probably seen Jono's quotes from the trainer by now on the Ballymore thread but just wanted to clarify my comment. I know of one of the owners (haven't seen him in donkey's years) but he is in touch with my best mate who I will be going to the Festival with. From what I have been told I don't think there is any doubt they are heading for the Ballymore and are very confident of a big run (although sure all trainers/owners say stuff like that). As mentioned on the Ballymore thread I backed him at the weekend (just 1 point) in the without Samcro market at 12s with BFSB (can get 10s NRNB with PP) and am looking for a decent top up the moment I am really confident Next Destination is not going for the same race, assuming double figures are still available.
            Thanks for that RC. Ive cashed out of the AB and backed him in the Ballymore.

Comment

Cheltenham Festival Preview Night
              Tues 27th Feb 2018, 7pm
              Moor Park, Ludlow, SY8 4DZ
              Panel - Henry Daly, Tom Symonds and Richard Johnson
              Contact Fiona Johnson - 07795833614

Betfair Cheltenham Festival Preview Night
              Emirates Stadium, London
              Wednesday 28th February
              Panel - Bruce Millington, Gordon Elliott, Olly Muprhy, Gary O'Brien, Kevin Blake and Barry Orr
              Live Streamed - Betfair and Racing Post Social Media channels

Hereford Racecourse
              1st March 2018
              Panel - Richard Johnson, Kerry Lee and Richard Hoiles
              Tickets - £11 (including Sausage and Mash)
              Get tickets here

Betbright Cheltenham Festival Preview Night
              Cargo Venue, London, EC2A 3AY
              Thursday 1st March 2018
              6pm - 10.30pm
              Panel - Rich Ricci, Paul Kealy, David Jennings and Luke Harvey

Jack Berry House
              Friday 2nd March 2018, 7pm
              Panel - Brian Hughes, Andrew Thornton, Brian Ellison, Nicola McGeady and Niall Hannity
              Contact - Jack Berry House on 01653 602090

Cheltenham Festival Preview Evening
              Old Railway Club, Melling Road, Aintree
              5th March - 7.45pm
              Panel - To be confirmed

Towcester Races
              Monday 5th March 2018
              Doors open at 6.45pm
              Panel - Dave Ord, Ben Linfoot, Oli Bell, Daryl Jacob, Jamie Lynch and Michael Shinners
              Tickets - https://www.towcester-racecourse.co....w-evening-2017

Sean Graham Cheltenham Festival Preview Night
              The Grand Ballroom of The Europa Hotel, Belfast, BT2 7AP
              Monday 5th March
              Panel - Gary O'Brien, Gordon Elliott, Noel Fehily, Richard Hoiles, Neil Mulholland and Mark Winstanley
              Tickets - £10 in all Sean Graham Bookmakers

Chester Racecourse
              6th March 2018
              Panel - To be confirmed
              Tickets - £20
              Get tickets here

The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence, Canterbury
              Tuesday 6th March @ 7.30pm
              Tickets - £20 including bar snacks (ticket only event)
              Panel - Claude Duval, Toby Lawes (Assistant to Nicky Henderson), Simon Clare, Paul Jones
              Contact - heidi.coleman.kent@ecb.co.uk

Cheltenham Festival Preview Evening
              Suddabys Pub, Malton
              6th March - 7.30pm
              Panel - Bobby Beevers, Michael Shinners, Danny Cook and Brian Ellison
              Tickets - £10 including Pie Supper

Newcastle Races - Tues 6th March 2018
              Preview starts at 7pm
              Panel - Graham Wylie, Brian Hughes, Gordon Clarkson
              Tickets - £15PP - includes seat and sausage and mash

7th March 2018
              Crockwell Farm, Eydon
              Tickets £40 - including a 2 course meal (In aid of the IJF and WNAA)
              Panel - Bob Cooper, Andrew Tinkler, Charlie Poste and Richard Phillips
              Contact - 01327 361358 or info@crockwellfarm.co.uk

Doncaster Racecourse
              7th March 2018
              Panel - Ed Chamberlin, Oli Bell, Michael Shinners and Ben Pauling
              Tickets - £12
              Click Here for tickets

Middleton Cheney Club, Astrop Road, Nr Banbury, OX17 2PG
              Wednesday 7th March
              Tickets - £10 (Sponsored by Ladbrokes in aid of Transplant Sport UK)
              Panel - Richard Hoiles, Nicola McGeady, Charlie Longsdon, Tom Messenger and Paul Jones
              Details - Andrew Hook 07900 692154

The Hogan Stand, Meanus
              Thursday 8th March 2018
              Preview starts at 8pm
              Panel - Enda Bolger, Donie McInerney, Peter McGrane, Eric and Andrew McNamara
              Tickets - 10 Euros - www.scobiewankenobi.com

London Racing Club - Thurs 8th March 2018
              Kensington Forum (Holiday Inn), SW7 4DN
              Panel - Lee Mottershead, Phil Smith, Lydia Hislop
              Buy tickets on the door

Rawdon Cricket Club, Leeds
              Thursday 8th March @ 7.30pm
              Advance Tickets only - £10 entry
              Panel - Danny Cook, Michael Shinners and Martin Dixon

Taunton Racecourse
              Friday 9th March 2018, 7pm
              Panel - Paul Nicholls, David Pipe, Tom Scudamore and Philip Hobbs
              Tickets - £10 (£12.50 on the door)

Air Ambulance Race Day and Cheltenham Preview
              Warwick Races
              Sunday 11th March 2018 - 11.15am to 5.30pm
              Tickets - £80 (includes drinks reception, lunch and afternoon tea)
              Panel - Olly Murphy, Dan Skelton, Jason Maguire & Rupert Bell
              Contact - jo.payne@theairambulanceservice.org.uk

Cheltenham Racecourse
              11th March - 6.30pm - 10pm
              Panel - John Francome, Ruby Walsh, Fergal O'Brien and Cornelius Lysaght
              Members - FREE
              Non Members - £6

Comment

Anyone going to Clonmel tonight, I would have gone but the weather probably won't allow.

Tuesday 27th February. Park hotel Clonmel. Panel= Matt Chapman , Gary O’Brien , Davy Russell, Joesph O’Brien ,Kevin Ryan. Price €20 and a free €25 matchbook match bet. All proceeds to St Marys hurling club Clonmel.

Tuesday 27th February. Larry Tompkin’s Cork’s Premier Sporting Pub-Lavitts Quay Cork City.

Joe Seward MC (Life FM Sport/Sporting Life) Panel = Charlie Swan,Tony Mullins,Enda Bolger and Colm O’Connell (Owner Un De Sceaux). Complimentary Finger Food,Racecourse Atmosphere,Ladbrokes will offer Price Topping Specials on the Night

Might go to the one in Cork instead.

Comment

Has some preview night coverage..

Comment

Cheers, mate.

Betfair one is tomorrow night, and should be live on FB/Twitter etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post
                      https://mobile.twitter.com/RChurchill26

Has some preview night coverage..
                      #COTR Handicap Bet of the Week
                      Pricewise: Hunters Call - County Hurdle
                      Kealy: Ivanovich Gorbatov - County Hurdle
                      Jennings - Don’t Touch It - Grand Annual

#COTR NAP of the Week
                      Pricewise: Hunters Call - Any Race
                      Kealy: Mr Whittaker - Brown Plate
                      Jennings - Balko Des Flos - Ryanair

#COTR To the Gold Cup and there is shock to see @WilliamHill have gone 9/2 about Might Bite. Kealy also likes Lexus winner Road To Respext. Pricewise big on Our Duke, and likes 50/1 shot Anibale Fly. DJ compares RTR to Denman, but questions ground.

#COTR In the Albert Bartlett, Santini is NAPed by #ScouseOnTheSofa and Pricewise couldn’t agree more. PK gives us the stat that most exposed horse wins, so lands on big priced Callet Mad.

#COTR For the Stayers, the #ScouseOnTheSofa woofs as DJ puts up LAmi Serge. PK likes Apples Jade, and Segal has info that Penhill could be the steamer of the festival.

#COTR Thursday closes with David Jennings napping Larina as shortest price SP of the festival. Fully East in the Brown Plate for DJ. PK likes Mr Whittaker in the Brown Plate, whilst Pricewise has Sort It Out in the Pertemps.

#COTR PK loves Waiting Patiently for the Ryanair, and agrees with Pricewise that Balko Des Flos is a fair bet. Jennings also a Balko Des Flos, goes off 9/2 in his mind.

#COTR Day 3 up now. PK suggests Finians Oscar is the bet in the JLT despite worries. Pricewise puts up Modus and Monalee NRMB. DJ on Modus also.

#COTR Paul Kealy likes Diese Des Bieffes in whatever he ends up in, be it Coral Cup or Martin Pipe. Segal sure Hunters Call wins his race. DJ likes Oxford Blue in the Fred Winter @33/1, Cause of Causes on the XCountey.

#COTR Kealy likes Rhinestone to overturn Blackboe form, also puts word in for Holographic, who has support from Jennings.

#COTR Panel can’t get away from Altior for the QMCC. That was easy.

#COTR In the RSA, Pricewise shades Black Corton and Monalee (goes to JLT allegedly). Shattered Love and Mias Storm at the prices for Segal. DJ likes the fav once more, also Ballyoptic at a price.

#COTR Day 2 now. Opposition to Samcro in the Ballymore given the price from PK and Pricewise. DJ believes the beast to be a special animal, sure it wins, deserving of current price. Vision Des Flos suggested as a big price chance.

#COTR Burning Ambition the NAP of the week for Day One guest from @bet365’s Pat Cooney. #ScouseOnTheSofa makes his first appearance, naps Rather Be in the Close Bros.

To wrap up Tuesday, Pricewise likes Mias Storm and Coo Star Sivola for the Ultima. PK very confident on CSS also, then suggests Barney Dwan the play in the novice chase. DJ likes Dounikos for the 4 miler, De Plotting Shed in the novice chase.

#COTR In the Mares, Lets Dance given to us as dirty ew. BDD the selection of Pricewise at the price.

#COTR All agree Buveur D’Air wins the CH. Wicklow Brave and Mick Jazz put up W/O Fav. MTOY also a fancy without.

#COTR Opposition to Arkle favourite Footpad, ‘worst price at festival.’ PK likes the next three in, focussed on Sceau Royal ew. DJ ❤️ Brian Power, much to consternation of panel. Pricewise puts up Saint Calvados based on Warwick run.

#COTR Surpeme starts us off. All shading Mengli Khan, and like Kalashnikov a lot. Concerns over Getabord given price and ground. DJ likes Sharjah and Paloma Blue at a price.

Comment

Cheltenham Preview night , location : Larry Tomkins Bar Cork City

Sorry folks that this years into up to last year’s but a combination of ManFlu and ‘The Beast From The East' made it a bit of a stretch to make it to Larry’s tonight. But we weren’t dis-appointed AGAIN this year

The panel tonight were Tony Mullins (TM) , Enda Bolger (EB) and Charlie Swan (CS) with the excellent MC Joe Seward and special guest from an Tusail O’Chonaill Un De Sceaux owner

Supreme Novices :
                        TM: Fancies Getabird thinks Kalashnikov got an exceptional ride last time out
                        CS : Likes Kalashnikov and refers to Make A Stand who won like he did and won a Champion hurdle.
                        EB : A big fan of Getabird

Arkle :
                        TM : Prefers Petit Mouchoir, says Willie is aiming Footpad at the Gold Cup and this is just a stepping stone
                        CS : Likes Brain Power each-way ,thinks he’d be a Paul Carberry type of ride
                        EB : Loves the grey horse - Petit Mouchoir

Champion Hurdle
                        CS : Buveur Dair for him, Faugheen not at its best
                        TM : After finishing second to Supasundae Tony was happy enough but coming off the track, i.e. the immediate response from Willie was that he’d have to find a bit.
                        EB : Nothing beats Buveur Dair

Mares Hurdle
                        Apples Jade could run in a Champion hurdle, penalty kick for the whole panel

NH Chase
                        Surprise they took this one in , interesting
                        TM & EB love fest for Mall Dini
                        CS : Watch out for Shattered Love that gets all the allowances

Ballymore
                        No love for Gigginstoown hard to judge
                        TM : Needs to see more from Samcro
                        EB : Bombproof Samcro
                        CS : Samcro banker

Tony Mullins then went off on one of his many tangents whereby he said that Ruby said that Next Destination beats them all

Champion Chase
                        TM : Douvan the best horse in training at the moment, if it shows up wins by a fence
                        CS : Likes the way Min has learned to settle
                        EB : Thinks a negative for Min re the hill

RSA
                        CS : Presenting Percy won’t be beat
                        EB : Hard race for Presenting Percy last time out. Noel Fehily loves Monalee
                        TM : Likes Monalee, says Presenting Percy had a hard race last time out.

Cross Country
                        EB : All his horses are a stone behind Cause Of Cause

Bumper
                        CS : Likes a horse related to Denman called Didyouleavemeouttoo
                        TM : No noise from Willes yard … Interesting

Ryanair Chase
                        TM : Un De Sceaux best horse he’s seen in 30 years - hyperbole alert!!
                        Colm O’Connell : No bet if under 6/4, loves the horse but gives a mention to Balko De Flos (Man owes us nothing !!!!!)
                        On a side note thinks his other horse Bacchasson goes for either the Melling Chase or the Galway Plate
                        EB : Un De Sceaux is a phenonemon thats not finished yet
                        CS : Un De Sceaux as long as the ground is in its favour.

Albert Bartlett
                        No-one had an opinion on this just how horrible it was for Bryan Cooper to get the public dressing down from Michael O’Leary calling him an imbecile after last years race where he unseated on Death Duty!!!!

Stayers hurdle
                        CS : Likes Sam Spinner and keep an eye out for Unowhatimenharry
                        EB : Very fond of Supasundae
                        TM : Has had a change of heart from last year re Yanworth. but has had Penhill at home and he’s flying

Mares Novice hurdle
                        No-one that keen
                        CS likes Dame de Compagnie each-way

JLT :
                        TM : Terrefort
                        EB : Invitation Only
                        CS : Likes Modus if the ground dries up

Triumph Hurdle
                        CS : Nicky likes Apples Shakira but also likes Redicean
                        TM : Apples Shakira
                        EB : likes Redicean

Albert Bartlett
                        TM : Likes Duc De Genièvres as a horse that has stamina!!

Gold Cup
                        CS : Total Recall and Might Bite
                        EB : Loves Edwulf also Native Rives has been laid out for it
                        TM : Killultagh Vic is an improver / Total Recall has a smell of Aintree about him

Fox hunters
                        EB : Back the Nicholls hot-pot!!!!!!!! interesting

Naps and lays

TM : Naps Un De Sceaux - Lays Samcro
                        EB : Naps Un De Sceaux - Lays Might Bite
                        CS : Naps Samcro - Lays Footpad

Talked about a Charles Byrnes horse in a handicap but gave no name

Charity Bets
                        CS €100w Apples Shakira
                        TM €50ew Next Destination (Baltimore)
                        EB €50ew Josie Orders

Host Larry Tomkins had €100 on Wonderful Charm!!

Great night for a great cause.

See ye next year folks!!!!
                        Last edited by theporge; 28 February 2018, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Great job Theporge! Nothing worse than 'man flu"! Thanks for making the effort. Strange comment re Charles Byrnes horse: he only had one horse (Hareth) entered at Cheltenham (Pertemps) and he isn't qualified. Also good to see the support for Bryan Cooper- would love to see him bounce back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                            Great job Theporge! Nothing worse than 'man flu"! Thanks for making the effort. Strange comment re Charles Byrnes horse: he only had one horse (Hareth) entered at Cheltenham (Pertemps) and he isn't qualified. Also good to see the support for Bryan Cooper- would love to see him bounce back.
                            I second that B.o.f , Great to hear what "the Experts" are saying and thanks to Rowebot too .

Comment

Enda Bolgers works around Cause of Causes is music to my ears!

Comment

The betfair preview is usually a good one in terms of them doing price pushes. They did 1 per day last season up to a max of £50. Getabird or Footpad has to be the day1 push.

It's worth getting your account(s) topped up.

Comment

Working...
                                X