Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Preview Nights 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greasy View Post
    Use it on Ruby about the Douvan debacle
    Brill greasy

Comment

• Quick question lads and lassies. Do female jockeys not get an allowance in amature races? If so why not?

Comment

• Originally posted by Baazzaa View Post
        Quick question lads and lassies. Do female jockeys not get an allowance in amature races? If so why not?
        they are treated the same as male riders, allowances for winners ridden

Comment

• Originally posted by Baazzaa View Post
          Quick question lads and lassies. Do female jockeys not get an allowance in amature races? If so why not?
          People would moan if they did, Pretty sure France brought it in on a trial basis about a year ago

Comment

• Lady jockeys in France get 2kg which is huge if you have a really good lady rider. Hence Hayley Turner's over there winning races.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greasy View Post
              People would moan if they did, Pretty sure France brought it in on a trial basis about a year ago
              It has been a success over there hasn't it?

Not soemthing I'm going to look in to on the eve of the festival though haha

Comment

• France had an issue in attracting female jockeys to the sport and those that were often found trainers unwilling to give them opportunities, that isn’t the issue over here with a number of capable female pilots across both codes.
                What the likes of Hayley Turner, Josie Gordon, Bryony Frost and Katie Walsh do here ensures there are future generations of female riders so I doubt attracting ladies to the sport will be an issue for a while

Comment

• It's interesting though, a debate for another time with the festival looming but this is basically the only sport where females have any sort of chance of being competitive against men. With that in mind attracting female jockeys shouldn't be a problem, I wonder why it is in France

Comment

• Cheers for the comments 're female weight allowance . Just never thought of it before looking at the foxhunters . Best of luck one and all. Hope yas get a few winners

Comment

• Postcast: Cheltenham Day One

If anyone still wants more tips & advice... not sure they said anything that we have not heard so far...

Watch more horse racing and sport videos on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/racingpo...Subscribe to our YouTube channel: https://bit.ly/2l9...

Comment

• I know this is pretty early but I’ve recieved my first invitation of the year to a preview night

I don’t think anybody has said they do but if anyone lives near the Banbury. Oxfordshire area there is a preview show in Middleton Cheney, panel will be Richard Hoiles, Nicola Mcgeady(head of PR for Ladbroke), Charlie Longsdon, Tom Messenger (assistant to Dan Skelton) and Paul Jones (Former author of the betting guide to Cheltenham Festival).

Doors open at 7pm on Wednesday 6th March.

If anyone is near and fancies it drop me a PM and I’ll invite over Facebook

On the back of that I’ve asked Chester Racecourse if they will be doing theirs again and they will also on Wednesday the 6th at 7. No panel confirmed as yet, but I’ll be going

Comment

• I am going to be struggling to get to my local (Haydock/Chester) ones this year as I move to Gloucester on Monday for work, I will be home weekends but they are generally run midweek. I will try and get to some down south though if time permits and do my usual write ups.

Comment

• I Try to attend the Newcastle one every year at the Racecourse, missed last years due to weather

Comment

• Il post up any info from the Belfast event Gordon Elliott always in attendance

Comment

Working...
                              X