Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Preview Nights 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    Thanks for the heads up about this (Haydock Park) preview night (which I organsise!). For those who do not know him Andy Gibson runs the excellent 'Cheltenham Trail' website as well as doing media work in the sport. Our compere will be SIS broadcaster Gareth Leonard. Our sponsors (Star Sports) will also be sending one of their traders to join the panel with excellent betting news on market movers etc. Those attending can also purchase Racing Post/Weatherby's guides at less than half price. Our sponsors also usually offer matched bets up to £50 if placed on the night. We also hold a raffle for the IJF which has raised over £2000 for the charity in the last 4 years. The event sold out last year and hopefully will do again this time. Tickets now on sale - just £10!
    Welcome to the forum Sharky!

Is it hard to organise a preview night? I am going to yours and it'll be my first ever... very excited...

£10 seems a bargain. Souinds like I'll need plenty though for some "boosted" prices

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Is it hard to organise a preview night?
      If not, we should organise the inaugural FJ preview night in 2019

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
        If not, we should organise the inaugural FJ preview night in 2019
        Yes, What a shout, Kev, Scooby and Istabraq on the panel! id pay a £10

Comment

Originally posted by TheEagleHasLanded View Post
          Yes, What a shout, Kev, Scooby and Istabraq on the panel! id pay a £10
          Me too mate. Half price FJ member tickets

Comment

Plenty of time to do one this year - all you need is a pub, a panel and a mic.......

Comment

Originally posted by Vautour View Post
              Plenty of time to do one this year - all you need is a pub, a panel and a mic.......
              Not sure about the pub... sounds like a few of you are drunk enough already

Comment

I shall be attending the Hereford evening on March 1st.

Will give as detailed right up as I can of what is said!

Comment

I’m attending Timeform Preview in Manchester on 6th March
                  Notes will be taken and info passed

Comment

Cant see anything down south east at the moment, I have emailed Plumpton, Fontwell and Lingfield but no response yet

Comment

Originally posted by TheEagleHasLanded View Post
                      Cant see anything down south east at the moment, I have emailed Plumpton, Fontwell and Lingfield but no response yet

Plumpton always have one as you know and there'll be one at Sandown after Imperial Cup day...

Comment

8:00 pmPaddock View, 1st Floor, Berkshire Stand, Newbury Racecourse
                        Our ever popular Cheltenham Festival Preview Evening will take place on Tuesday, 6th March 2018 at 8pm.

Venue: Paddock View Room, 1st floor, Berkshire Stand, Newbury Racecourse

Panel: Lee McKenzie (chairperson), Lizzie Kelly; Mike Cattermole; Jamie Snowden and Charlie Mann

A pay bar and raffle (in aid of the IJF) will be available on the evening

Entrance Fee: £3 for West Berkshire Racing Club members or £7 for NON West Berkshire Racing Club members.

Doors will open at 7.15pm. Event starts at 8pm.

Comment

BetBright Cheltenham Festival 2018 Preview Night:

Cargo, Shoreditch. Thursday 1st March @ 7:30pm. £6 tickets.

Host:

Nick Luck

Panel:

Rich Ricci
                          Paul Kealy
                          David Jennings
                          Luke Harvey

Having been to these the past few years (used to be at Walkabout, Temple), they can be quite informative. Last year Rich Ricci being honest for a change saying his bet of the festival would be Lets Dance - romped home!

I would recommend people downloading BetBright too if you don't already have an account. They often do lightening boosts on races. From memory Altior was boosted from 1/2 to 4/1 for the first 500 to get on last year.

Hope this helps!

Comment

At The Races Cheltenham Preview 7th March - Live on their Facebook page, and their website.

Its same as last year, The GOAT in Dublin with Emmet Kennedy & Kevin Blake (both ATR and Final Furlong Podcast), Sean Boyce (ATR), Tony Keenan (writer) and Barry Geraghty. Be good to watch live, or if you from around or near Dublin, I think tickets available if you listen to the podcast they give more information. They had Jamie Codd last year who gave some cracking shouts (Labaik, Fayonah etc).

Comment

Anyone watching the Facebook live CHelt Preview after Ascot today?

I'll be out so any "highlights" in here would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Anyone watching the Facebook live CHelt Preview after Ascot today?

I'll be out so any "highlights" in here would be appreciated
                                some of it available to view still go on facebook and search for ascot live cheltenham preview

Comment

Working...
                                X