Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Some great preview nights there Mayo !, I'd definitely like to do the 2nd of March one with John francombe etc ,.
    That should be a great night . ( but probably not able to this year ),, shame.

Has anyone been to / recommend any decent preview nights in the South?

Hi, first post here been reading for a while now love the content here! Went to a preview night at Taunton racecourse last year which was well worth the short trip after giving me Labaik in the supreme would have never have gone for it otherwise! Also try to make the one in Cirencester which normally has a pretty decent panel. Taunton this year is Friday 9th March (Taunton Racecourse) & Cirencester Wednesday 7th March at The Kings Head.

Hey Ashley, welcome, and nice touch on Labaik.

I didn't even manage to back it, with Jamie Codd putting it up on TFF Podcast, lol.

I might try to make that Taunton one, as I'm only an hour away. Is it easy to park right on the course, and close to the preview?

Quote Originally Posted by TimRiggins View Post
    Hey Ashley, welcome, and nice touch on Labaik.

I didn't even manage to back it, with Jamie Codd putting it up on TFF Podcast, lol.

I might try to make that Taunton one, as I'm only an hour away. Is it easy to park right on the course, and close to the preview?
    Hi mate. Yea I can’t remember who offered it up now but it was a great shout and paid nicely for my day and night! The event is held in one of the racecourse bars and there’s plenty of parking, was well worth the entry fee and they offered up some great prizes last year in a secret auction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley1989 View Post
    Hi mate. Yea I canít remember who offered it up now but it was a great shout and paid nicely for my day and night! The event is held in one of the racecourse bars and thereís plenty of parking, was well worth the entry fee and they offered up some great prizes last year in a secret auction.
    Always nice to have a freeroll for the day, that's for sure!

I'll try and get down for that, if I can wangle it.

Thanks for the heads up about this (Haydock Park) preview night (which I organsise!). For those who do not know him Andy Gibson runs the excellent 'Cheltenham Trail' website as well as doing media work in the sport. Our compere will be SIS broadcaster Gareth Leonard. Our sponsors (Star Sports) will also be sending one of their traders to join the panel with excellent betting news on market movers etc. Those attending can also purchase Racing Post/Weatherby's guides at less than half price. Our sponsors also usually offer matched bets up to £50 if placed on the night. We also hold a raffle for the IJF which has raised over £2000 for the charity in the last 4 years. The event sold out last year and hopefully will do again this time. Tickets now on sale - just £10!
    Last edited by Sharky; 01-30-2018 at 10:01 AM. Reason: missed detail

I’ll be ordering 3 tickets today

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Has anyone been to / recommend any decent preview nights in the South?
    Id just check out the panel and judge from that jono.

I used to go but not sure you gain that much info really. Id say the regular posters on here know as much as the average preview panellist.
    Just another night out really.

I enjoy the streams though.

These comments obviously dont apply to Haydock .
    Last edited by mayo; 01-31-2018 at 03:55 PM.

CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL PREVIEW EVENING
    8:00 pmPaddock View, 1st Floor, Berkshire Stand, Newbury Racecourse
    Our ever popular Cheltenham Festival Preview Evening will take place on Tuesday, 6th March 2017 at 8pm.

Venue: Paddock View Room, 1st floor, Berkshire Stand, Newbury Racecourse

Panel: Lee McKenzie (chairperson), Lizzie Kelly; Mike Cattermole; Jamie Snowden and Charlie Mann

A pay bar and raffle (in aid of the IJF) will be available on the evening

Entrance Fee: £3 for West Berkshire Racing Club members or £7 for NON West Berkshire Racing Club members.

Doors will open at 7.15pm. Event starts at 8pm.