Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Preview Nights 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6th March Newcastle Racecourse, Gosforth Park.

Owner Graham Wylie, racing pundit Gordon Clarkson, a 188BET representative, jockey Brian Hughes and a National Hunt trainer will be on the panel that will be sharing tips with guests and punters, ahead of the prestigious Cheltenham Festival 2018.

I shall be attending so hopefully will be a good one

Comment

Still never been to a preview evening. Going to go to Chester and possibly Aintree this year though.

Anyone been to the Chester one... or know if Oliver Greenall (National Hunt and Flat Trainer), Henry Daly (National Hunt Trainer), John Morris (Jumping Prospects), Stewart Machin (Racing UK) are particularly good value? (I'll be going regardless)

Comment

Never been to a preview night but might have to sort something with work so I can make the Chester one.

Worst comes to worst I haven’t got to cook and a couple of bevvys talking racing

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Still never been to a preview evening. Going to go to Chester and possibly Aintree this year though.

Anyone been to the Chester one... or know if Oliver Greenall (National Hunt and Flat Trainer), Henry Daly (National Hunt Trainer), John Morris (Jumping Prospects), Stewart Machin (Racing UK) are particularly good value? (I'll be going regardless)
          Kev. I may be doing chester as well as Haydock. Decent panel.

Comment

Here are a few Irish ones

Tuesday 28th February 7.30pm, Salmon Leap ‘Longhouse’ Leixlip Co. Dublin.

MC Johnny Ward – Panel- Gordon Elliot – Roger Loughran- Declan Meagher – Paul Jones – Brendan Duke
            Bookmakers representative will attend. All proceeds to Leap on Your Bike Foundation . Entry: E20 (includes free E10 matched bet, half time food, and live entertainment afterwards)
            Tuesday 28th February 7.30pm, Larry Tompkins Sporting Pub-7 Lavvits Quay Cork City.

MC Joe Seward 93.1Life FM – Panel- Nina Carberry-Tony Mullins and Enda Bolger
            Bookmakers representative will attend All proceeds to Crumlin Childrens Hospital . Entry: E10 (includes free E5 matched bet.
            Wednesday March 1, Kettles Country House, Rathbeale Road, Swords, Doors open: 7pm, Starts: 8pm
            Panel: Davy Russell, Jack Kennedy, Mark Winstanley, Andrew McNamara, Brian Flanagan (Irish Daily Star), Rob Catterson (Paddy Power); Denis Kirwan (MC), Entry: E10 (includes free E5 matched bet and free pint), In aid of: Pieta House

Woodlands Hotel, Dunmore Road, Waterford on Thursday 2nd of March at 8pm. Mc for the night is Brian Glesson. The panel consists of John Francome, 7 times champion jockey, Mick Fitzgerald, David Casey, Davy Russell, Henry De Bhromhead, Jack Kennedy, Katie Walsh, Noel O’brien, Oliver Sherwood, Jim Mc’grath and Halley O’connor of Ladbrokes. Tickets are €20. Contact the Woodlands Hotel or Declan Barry, 0876667429.

Cill Dara Golf Club – Kildare town, Friday 3rd March @ 8.00pm
            Panel : Gordon Elliott, Noel O’Brien, Frank Berry, Darragh Fitzpatrick (Bookmaker), Kevin O’Ryan (MC -Attheraces Presenter)
            Admission only €10-
            Friday 3rd March 8pm, Peader Browns Pub, Clanbrassil st lwr.
            ALL PROCEEDS IN AID OF THE IRISH INJURED JOCKEYS FUND, TICKETS ARE €10 AND WILL INCLUDE A FREE €5 PP BET, PANAL TO BE ANNOUNCED

March 3rd @ 7.30pm, The Rathcormac Inn, Rathcormac, Co.Cork
            MC – Patrick Mulcahy CRY104fm, Panel – Paul Townend, Jonathan Burke, Ciarian Fennessy & Trainer Joseph O’Brien
            Entry ticket cost €10, Raffle & Auction also on the night. All proceeds go to Irish Injured Jockeys Fund & The Friends Of Denis Barry.

Sunnybank Hotel in Glasnevin, Dublin 9. Friday March 3rd we are hosting a Cheltenham preview night.

The line up is as follows: Tony Martin, David Casey, Johnny Ward, Mark Davoren (Paddy Power), David Jennings (MC)
            €10 entry with a €5 Free bet with Paddy Power

The Courtyard, Ferns, Co. Wexford on Saturday 4th of March at 8pm. Mc Liam Spratt.

Jessica Harrington, Joseph O’Brien, Sean Flanagan, Paul Nolan and Jamie Codd. Tickets are €15. Free Bets on the night from Chieftain Bookmakers. All proceeds in aid of The Wexford Branch of Spina Bifida.

Monday 6th March, Westgrove Hotel, Clane, Co. Kildare

Richard Pugh (MC) Panel: Mark Walsh, Jonathan Burke, Tom Malone, Eddie Harty

Tickets: €15, inc €5 free bet from Paddy Power - In aid of Kildare Down Syndrome Speech and Language services

Tuesday 7th of March, McHughs Drogheda at 8pm. Dreadnots GAA in association with KingBet are holding a preview night. panel includes Donn McClean, Tony Keenan, David Casey and Jack Kennedy. Tickets available from Committee members, KingBet , McHughs or Pay at the door, e5 free bet for KingBet and hot food on the night.

Wednesday 8th March, DTWO, Harcourt Street

Sir A.P McCoy and we have an exciting panel of experts which include Kevin O Ryan, Gary O Brien, Joseph O’Brien and David Casey. This event will take place on March 8th and all proceeds go towards The Irish Heart Foundation.

Friday 10th March in association with Paddy Power, 8pm, Swans Pub, Curraha GAA Cheltenham Preview Night

Tickets €15 which includes finger food and €5 free bet. MC – Pat Healy Panelists: Robbie Power, Barry Connell, Brian Flanagan, Gavin Coyle (Paddy Power) and Keith Donoghue.

Friday, 10th March, Walter Raleigh Hotel, Youghal – Cry 104fm
            The Panel : Denis O’Regan, Tommy Lyons, Johnny Dineen, Jame Fenton Plus Specials Guests. Tickets are €10 – Charity Enable Ireland

Saturday 11th March 2017 - Kiltale GAA Clubhouse, Co. Meath

Panel includes Robbie Power, Gordon Elliott, Sean Flanagan , Admission: €10 In Association with Bruce Betting

Sat 11th March in Skerries Harps Clubhouse.In Aid of Focus Ireland at 9pm sharp. MC David Coughlan (Daily Star).
            Panel: David Jennings ( Racing Post)Dermot McLoughlin (Trainer) Andrew Lynch ( Jockey) Ado McGuinness (Trainer).
            Plus Special Guest.
            Tickets €10 Includes €5 Free paddy power Bet.
            Sponsors Guinness and Paddy Power Bookmakers.

Comment

Some great preview nights there Mayo !, I'd definitely like to do the 2nd of March one with John francombe etc ,.
              That should be a great night . ( but probably not able to this year ),, shame.

Comment

Has anyone been to / recommend any decent preview nights in the South?

Comment

Hi, first post here been reading for a while now love the content here! Went to a preview night at Taunton racecourse last year which was well worth the short trip after giving me Labaik in the supreme would have never have gone for it otherwise! Also try to make the one in Cirencester which normally has a pretty decent panel. Taunton this year is Friday 9th March (Taunton Racecourse) & Cirencester Wednesday 7th March at The Kings Head.

Comment

Hey Ashley, welcome, and nice touch on Labaik.

I didn't even manage to back it, with Jamie Codd putting it up on TFF Podcast, lol.

I might try to make that Taunton one, as I'm only an hour away. Is it easy to park right on the course, and close to the preview?

Comment

Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
                      Hey Ashley, welcome, and nice touch on Labaik.

I didn't even manage to back it, with Jamie Codd putting it up on TFF Podcast, lol.

I might try to make that Taunton one, as I'm only an hour away. Is it easy to park right on the course, and close to the preview?
                      Hi mate. Yea I can’t remember who offered it up now but it was a great shout and paid nicely for my day and night! The event is held in one of the racecourse bars and there’s plenty of parking, was well worth the entry fee and they offered up some great prizes last year in a secret auction.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley1989 View Post
                        Hi mate. Yea I can’t remember who offered it up now but it was a great shout and paid nicely for my day and night! The event is held in one of the racecourse bars and there’s plenty of parking, was well worth the entry fee and they offered up some great prizes last year in a secret auction.
                        Always nice to have a freeroll for the day, that's for sure!

I'll try and get down for that, if I can wangle it.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up about this (Haydock Park) preview night (which I organsise!). For those who do not know him Andy Gibson runs the excellent 'Cheltenham Trail' website as well as doing media work in the sport. Our compere will be SIS broadcaster Gareth Leonard. Our sponsors (Star Sports) will also be sending one of their traders to join the panel with excellent betting news on market movers etc. Those attending can also purchase Racing Post/Weatherby's guides at less than half price. Our sponsors also usually offer matched bets up to £50 if placed on the night. We also hold a raffle for the IJF which has raised over £2000 for the charity in the last 4 years. The event sold out last year and hopefully will do again this time. Tickets now on sale - just £10!
                          Last edited by Sharky; 30 January 2018, 09:01 AM. Reason: missed detail

Comment

I’ll be ordering 3 tickets today

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                              Has anyone been to / recommend any decent preview nights in the South?
                              Id just check out the panel and judge from that jono.

I used to go but not sure you gain that much info really. Id say the regular posters on here know as much as the average preview panellist.
                              Just another night out really.

I enjoy the streams though.

These comments obviously dont apply to Haydock .
                              Last edited by mayo; 31 January 2018, 02:55 PM.

Comment

CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL PREVIEW EVENING
                                8:00 pmPaddock View, 1st Floor, Berkshire Stand, Newbury Racecourse
                                Our ever popular Cheltenham Festival Preview Evening will take place on Tuesday, 6th March 2017 at 8pm.

Venue: Paddock View Room, 1st floor, Berkshire Stand, Newbury Racecourse

Panel: Lee McKenzie (chairperson), Lizzie Kelly; Mike Cattermole; Jamie Snowden and Charlie Mann

A pay bar and raffle (in aid of the IJF) will be available on the evening

Entrance Fee: £3 for West Berkshire Racing Club members or £7 for NON West Berkshire Racing Club members.

Doors will open at 7.15pm. Event starts at 8pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X