Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Preview Nights 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I didn't do much at work this afternoon, just put the headphones in a zoned out
    Ha, I work from home, but had too much on to do that.

I got all my work done after the gym, but Fridays are busy for slots, and I've only just finished now

Comment

There's 2 of these on in Cork the Monday & Tuesday the week before the festival similar enough panels, I'll probably go to both but AP & Davy at both and Joseph O'Brien at the other.

Comment

Role on Wednesday...

Comment

Huntingdon Preview Night
          Panel included Richard Hoiles (Host), Harry Skelton (Jockey), Matt Tombs (Cheltenham Betting Guide), Matt Brocklebank (Sporting Life), Michael Shinners (SkyBet)

I arrived just as it started and sat right at the back so i couldnt make out who was saying what…….This is a summary though!

Supreme
          Take on Getabird - quirky and inexperienced with 2 runs so far.
          Paloma blue e/w is an interesting horse
          Mengli Khan e/w flat horse and pacey who has drifted out to very backable odds

Arkle
          Footpad might not get it his own way up front with St Calvados.
          Encouraged by Petit mouchoir if jumping improves and he was better over hurdles against Footpad .....lots of support from the panel on Mouchoir who will come on for the run and was pushed last time
          Quick ground helps Sceu royal but not classy enough for an arkle

Champion hurdle
          Buveur dair is penalty kick but no value at ⅖ - has turned into a weak race
          Faugheen at 6/1 is very good price - spring weather could run a big race and big positivity about his last run (which suprised me)
          Panel suggest backing Faugheen at 7/4 without fav .
          Chitabella for a place cant be without a chance
          MTOYs will be the crowd favourite and think will be backed heavily on the day
          Wicklow brave , expecting a big race for high rated hurdler at a price

Mares
          Apples jade Banker of the day says everyone and no one can see it even being taken close
          Let’s dance has been disappointing this year - take on
          Kayf grace if runs in this race is worth E/W.

Ballymore
          Samcro it is a machine !!!!Banker - no one objected ... will be much shorter on the day
          On the blindside is each way value and likes Cheltenham
          Vindication unlikely to run

RSA
          Presenting Percy is lay of the week and cant see how it is favourite .
          Monalee has strong form following last race and looked gutsy
          Shattered love - big price
          Al boum photo - under ruby will improve
          Elegant escape with a positive mention - tizzards think it will go well

Queen Mother
          No one in the room thinks Douvan will even run ( including the audience )
          Everyone thinks Altior 1st and Min 2nd.
          Big price is God’s Own on good ground and should be backed eachway
          No mention from anyone on Politilogue so can only assume everyone thinks it is average

Champion bumper -
          Look for a wide winning margin last time out as a useful trend . No one had a mention for anything though

Cross Country
          Cause of causes is a banker in the cross country . 3/1 great price said everyone!!
          Tiger roll nice sighter and good value and could follow home Cause of Causes

Coral cup - think they mentioned long house haul ? 20/1
          William Henry will be favourite and a lot shorter on the day

JLT
          Willoughby court will be well backed but no one was really raving about it .
          Invitation only, for Mullins worth a look especially under Ruby who will get him pinging
          Finians Oscar after wind op is value - doesn’t become a bad horse over night

Ryanair-
          UDS doesn’t get the credit he deserves , think punters will take him on though .
          They think if Douvan runs it goes here - so worth NRNB.
          Fox norton and top notch not good enough
          Nap of festival for Harry Skelton is UDS !!! Wow
          Rumours are fox norton may be injured

Stayers hurdle -
          The new one gets a good mention from everyone
          Sam spinner is uncomplicated and will give you a good honest run !
          Everyone says it is a wide open race
          Harry goes for supersundae
          Yanworth has the class but is a dodger

Mares novice
          Laurina is gonna take the beating and on a hard day this will be the punters get out

Triumph
          Apple shaquira is solid but should be taken on as not tested yet but does get mares allowance .
          Mr adjudicator is under rated and shouldn’t be dismissed.
          Patrick Mullins and Ruby both think mr adjudicator has a great chance
          Farclass is tough and will come on for the trip so could be the value

Albert Bartlett
          Chef des obeux with a big mention if ground is soft , if not then Santini on better ground ..... Santini will get backed and worth getting on it now as could be as short as 3/1 on the day .

Grand annual - fane bowers mentioned and ordinary world

County hurdle
          Charli Parcs will be a good price and was a top juvenile . Mohayed mentioned by Harry Skelton who has been targeted for this and seems very sweet on him at a decent price

Foxhunter - Harry says Valna Du Thaix

Gold cup - Total recall could be the one that gets backed
          Trends suggest definitely red and native river can’t win .
          The positive trend suggests class rises above stamina in the gold cup - so might bite and road to respect are positives
          Lots of positivity about Might Bite and is the class horse
          Harry says Might Bite is too quirky to be confident ..... harry would want to ride Sizing John especially on spring ground and can forgive a poor run last time out .
          everyone else says Might Bite and Road to Respect .
          Each way bet is Minella Rocco on good ground

Best bet of the week per panel member -
          Mohayed each way in county hurdle
          Gods own each way in champion chase
          Al Boum Photo in RSA each way
          Prime venture each way in pertemps

Comment

Thanks jon.

Comment

First of many Kev, was from a mate who went down to that one.

Comment

Thanks very much, Jon.

Top man!

Comment

Thanks John, I enjoyed reading that. Just wanted to highlight I kind of know one of the owners of Vindication and they are certain it is running in the Ballymore and see there has been a bit of money for it the last couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                    Thanks John, I enjoyed reading that. Just wanted to highlight I kind of know one of the owners of Vindication and they are certain it is running in the Ballymore and see there has been a bit of money for it the last couple of days.
                    Interesting RC, I may need a cover bet on him then

Comment

Thanks Jon , good stuff , Very encouraging read for me there. !

Comment

I read that his trainer rates him very highly and 'as good a horse that Ive had.' I nearly lost my cornflkes when I saw the post saying that hes not running! C'mon Vinndication!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                          RC,
                          I was under the impression that the AB was the choice and not the Ballymore??? Im very taken with this horse and thought the ideal race would be the AB.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                            RC,
                            I was under the impression that the AB was the choice and not the Ballymore??? Im very taken with this horse and thought the ideal race would be the AB.
                            After Vinndication won that last race, Kim Bailey was talking about minding the horse etc.

Said it would maybe go to the Ballymore, as they had Red River for the 3m race.

Comment

Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
                              After Vinndication won that last race, Kim Bailey was talking about minding the horse etc.

Said it would maybe go to the Ballymore, as they had Red River for the 3m race.
                              He's shorter in the market for the AB??

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                                He's shorter in the market for the AB??
                                I'm relaying what was said by the trainer.

Comment

Working...
                                X