Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Cheers Rob. Probably in short backs up my theory that the 25/1 is priced on the Sire rather than the horses ability.
    I've had a little nibble at Act Of Valour at 33s for this. Would seem the logical route to go, especially if Sao comes out and impresses and aims towards the triumph. Happy to take the risk Nicholls will line him up for this at those odds, and Scooby's insight into yard confidence suggests he has another big performance in him somewhere, as his effort first time out shows

This race has been kind to me over the years following Nicholls french recruits at decent prices, last year I struggled to get an angle on the race so I changed tactic and followed the pedigree of the horse which I was convinced was going to have a win at the festival in this case it was soldier of fortune.
    Which narrowed it down to 3 runners in this race and dickie on board flying tiger was a bonus. It will be interesting again to see if nick Williams has any
    Entered for this race. I do bk alot in this race so any profit does get eaten up if I manage to find the winner.

I had my first bet today for this race - Nayati 25-1 with w. Hills , saw a mention at the weekend on S'life or R.post ? .

Davy Russell said Espoir D'allen is his "most exciting" horse trhat he has seen this season... a little left-field, but if that is true, and they think a lot of Mitchouka, could he be the Fred Winter Elliott horse?

Only 14/1 NRNB but seemed an odd horse for Russell to talk up?

What do we think to Gumball in this now after dropping to 140 after the weekend?

33s NRNB on WH.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam93 View Post
    What do we think to Gumball in this now after dropping to 140 after the weekend?

33s NRNB on WH.
    Still too high? Most horses that place in Fred Winter are mid 130s and below from memory

Quote Originally Posted by Robbante View Post
    Still too high? Most horses that place in Fred Winter are mid 130s and below from memory
    I agree, would still be too high for me but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up here and could be a player. Certainly wouldn't be 30s!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbante View Post
    I think still too high personally.

Not sure about placed horses but the highest OR winner so far in 13 editions is last season's, Flying Tiger, off 134.

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Not sure about placed horses but the highest OR winner so far in 13 editions is last season's, Flying Tiger, off 134.
    Divin Bere must be one of the higher places off 139 last year