Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Fred Winter 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
    Not true. Getabird was the 16th horse i'd backed for the Supreme this year the other day, so if he wins backing 15 horses would have done me no good at all in that race Still turn a slight profit for that race if one of the top 4 or 5 in the betting win, so it's more about the stakes and the prices for me rather than number of horses when trying to gain a profit
    Rob,
    I'd reavaluate your style of betting

Comment

In order of biggest winner to smallest, any of the top 6 turn a slight profit

SHARJAH
      NEXT DESTINATION
      IF THE CAP FITS
      CLAIMANTAKINFORGAN
      MENGLI KHAN
      GETABIRD
      SLATE HOUSE
      REAL STEEL
      SAMCRO
      WORLD PREMIER
      OK CORRAL
      RED JACK
      KALASHNIKOV
      VISION DES FLOS
      DELIRANT
      EPICURIS

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
        Rob,
        I'd reavaluate your style of betting
        That's just one race that hasn't worked out well this year, haven't that many horses in any other race. Considering it hasn't played out well i'm more than happy that it's still likely to show a profit

Comment

In order of biggest winner to smallest, any of the top 6 turn a slight profit

SHARJAH
          NEXT DESTINATION
          IF THE CAP FITS
          CLAIMANTAKINFORGAN
          MENGLI KHAN
          GETABIRD
          SLATE HOUSE
          REAL STEEL
          SAMCRO
          WORLD PREMIER
          OK CORRAL
          RED JACK
          KALASHNIKOV
          VISION DES FLOS
          DELIRANT
          EPICURIS
          Rob,
          Next Destination could still end up here, as could Samcro.

Comment

Rob,
            Next Destination could still end up here, as could Samcro.
            I hope Next Destination does but can't see it now. Samcro ballymore i'd win more, and also have him in a couple of multiples for that race

Comment

That's just one race that hasn't worked out well this year, haven't that many horses in any other race. Considering it hasn't played out well i'm more than happy that it's still likely to show a profit

Ive backed 4 different horses for the Supreme, which is a lot for me. Ive cashed out 2 with 365 which has been very welcome. It was a costly race for me last year so hoping I have a change of luck this year in the race. Im happy with my 2 selections. I might add ND before the Dublin Festival.

Comment

Ive backed 4 different horses for the Supreme, which is a lot for me. Ive cashed out 2 with 365 which has been very welcome. It was a costly race for me last year so hoping I have a change of luck this year in the race. Im happy with my 2 selections. I might add ND before the Dublin Festival.
                It reached the point for me where I either carried on going and pretty much guaranteed myself the winner at a small profit or even slight loss, or took a probable loss on the chin. Claimantakinforgan and Sharjah were 2 of the first 4 horses i backed for the supreme from memory, but i took stock a few days ago and realised i could still add Getabird and turn a slight profit so took the plunge. Although initially wanting Getabird to then win so as not to see it as a wasted addition, i am now just looking at my book and what it will return again. Bit annoying that my two biggest winners Sharjah and Next Destination are both probably more likely to take in the Ballymore

Comment

It reached the point for me where I either carried on going and pretty much guaranteed myself the winner at a small profit or even slight loss, or took a probable loss on the chin. Claimantakinforgan and Sharjah were 2 of the first 4 horses i backed for the supreme from memory, but i took stock a few days ago and realised i could still add Getabird and turn a slight profit so took the plunge. Although initially wanting Getabird to then win so as not to see it as a wasted addition, i am now just looking at my book and what it will return again. Bit annoying that my two biggest winners Sharjah and Next Destination are both probably more likely to take in the Ballymore
                  I'm pretty confident ND goes straight to the ballymore now.
                  Samcro obviously won't go here. Which is good for you anyway.
                  But I'd be very Hopefuly you have the winner in there.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    I'm pretty confident ND goes straight to the ballymore now.
                    Samcro obviously won't go here.
                    But I'd be very Hopefuly you have the winner in there.
                    A similar scattergun approach last year paid off massively in this race as i had Labaik at 50s. But it hasn't worked out well this year so if damage limitation still turns a small profit i'd be delighted. Take it and move on to better books elsewhere. Is Samcro likely to go for the deloitte? Saw it touted earlier but thought the 2m 6 race was more likely. If he goes for the deloitte and easily beats Sharjah and others then they might think twice

Comment

A similar scattergun approach last year paid off massively in this race as i had Labaik at 50s. But it hasn't worked out well this year so if damage limitation still turns a small profit i'd be delighted. Take it and move on to better books elsewhere. Is Samcro likely to go for the deloitte? Saw it touted earlier but thought the 2m 6 race was more likely. If he goes for the deloitte and easily beats Sharjah and others then they might think twice
                      Id imagine he would go for the easiest race depending on the opposition, thats why hes entered in the 3 races at leopardstown. The 2m 6 race looks the plan atm.

Comment

Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
                        Id imagine he would go for the easiest race depending on the opposition, thats why hes entered in the 3 races at leopardstown. The 2m 6 race looks the plan atm.
                        Fair enough looking at it that way I suppose. I think he’s got the pace for 2 miles and a lot of trainers would be of the opinion with novices not to up them in trip until it’s necessary. Just hope it’s doesn’t echo of death duty last year for Elliott. I think he’ll beat Next Destination in the Ballymore given how close Cracking Smart got to ND last time (and he definitely seems a stayer). On the blind side could be tougher to crack

Comment

Sao a sea of blue on oddschecker. Good to see!

Ok 'sea' may have been slightly exaggerating
                          Last edited by Can't Catch Me; 17 January 2018, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Dr Bartolo
                            The blues master.
                            Aiguille rouge
                            Style de garde
                            Mitchouka
                            Farclas

Of the ones who have ran would be high up my shortlist. Marks of the top 3 are very lenient.

Loads of horses that haven't ran over here yet could be thrown in with silly ratings.
                            Last edited by Scooby91; 17 January 2018, 04:30 PM.
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                              Sao a sea of blue on oddschecker. Good to see!

Ok 'sea' may have been slightly exaggerating
                              Haha, the 25/1 with WH is probably worth taking if you fancied him still... rather than 20/1 with 365 NRNB

Can't see him being thrown in to the Triumph unless her perhaps debuted in the Adonis and won it well! - which I don't expect.

Comment

Am I right in thinking you need a minimum of 3 runs to be eligible for the race? So Sao would need to get a run in beforehand and couldn't do a 'Diego' and go straight there?

(Obviously NRNB takes the risk away)

Comment

Working...
                                X