Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Fred Winter 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Winter 2018

I know Scooby has plenty on his mind for this. Any other thoughts? I’ve started by trying to find ‘the’ Nicholls horse. Diego du Charmil landed me a nice pot a few years ago so can Sao repeat for the same connections?

Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post
    I know Scooby has plenty on his mind for this. Any other thoughts? I’ve started by trying to find ‘the’ Nicholls horse. Diego du Charmil landed me a nice pot a few years ago so can Sao repeat for the same connections?
    20/1 NRNB with 365. Think that is a great little shout to be honest.

Comment

As per the other thread I've backed Act of Valour at 40/1. Taken the risk over 25/1 NRNB.

PN was noticeably animated about the horse after his first run I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post
        I do but i cant get on. My thoughts aren't going to effect prices but would be nice if i could get on in the future before they're silly prices. Kev mentioned one on the other thread that would be very close to the top of my list. And the ones iv mentioned in the triumph thread are all possible sometimes they get given a silly mark that's too good to turn down when they come straight from France. Something like ellimay who has a few runs under her belt. Id be interested to see they're marks over here
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
          As per the other thread I've backed Act of Valour at 40/1. Taken the risk over 25/1 NRNB.

PN was noticeably animated about the horse after his first run I thought.
          I go to ditcheat a few times a year as i part own a horse there. Thats the horse they always mention who shows plenty at home.

Comment

What's people's thoughts on solo saxophone? Ran a decent race I thought the other week 25/1 NRNB

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              I go to ditcheat a few times a year as i part own a horse there. Thats the horse they always mention who shows plenty at home.
              Which horse if you don’t mind me asking scooby?

Comment

Which horse if you don’t mind me asking scooby?
                Bagad bihoue

Got involved when he came from France had all sorts of issues wss very weak in his frame, dental problem then he fell when schooling at home after his bumper. You would be suprised how many small things can come up with horses when you get your monthly report.

Comment

Bagad bihoue

Got involved when he came from France had all sorts of issues wss very weak in his frame, dental problem then he fell when schooling at home after his bumper. You would be suprised how many small things can come up with horses when you get your monthly report.
                  Nice one. Will look out for him and give him a cheer. Hope you have lots of fun with him!

Yes I've owned a few myself and know the feeling! The price and regularity of the dentist was the one that always took me by surprise the most...

Comment

Knew he'd won races, but didn't realise it was that many. Sounds like you've had plenty of fun already! Brilliant stuff.

Comment

Nice one. Will look out for him and give him a cheer. Hope you have lots of fun with him!

Yes I've owned a few myself and know the feeling! The price and regularity of the dentist was the one that always took me by surprise the most...
                      Dentist, massages, ..... If only people from outside of racing could realise how well they get treated. If every little issue was reported publicly you wouldnt be able to have an antepost bet. It's very eye opening.

Yeh , it's good fun his marks a little high over fences possibly but hes still got room to improve physically. He's done well since they put him back out to grass after his bumper where he was tailed off and paul said he was very weak and needed to strengthen up.

Comment

Dentist, massages, ..... If only people from outside of racing could realise how well they get treated. If every little issue was reported biblically you woukdnt be able to have an antepost bet. It's very eye opening.

The it's good fun his marks a little high over fences possibly but hes still got room to improve physically. He's done well since they put him back out to grass after his bumper where he was tailed off and paul said he needed to strengthen up.
                        And how hard it is to make the game pay!

Good luck with him. At least he knows how to win, which is a pretty good start.

Comment

Really like the Sao shout for this race Rowebot

Without wanting to derail the thread too much - Scooby & CCM - for horses you have been involved in - have they been through syndicates / part/full ownership? From the little i've heard and from the snippets you guys have posted it sounds like you need a hell of a lot of luck and patience but is it worth it even with all the fees and setbacks? One of my dreams one day to be involved with a horse(s)

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post

Without wanting to derail the thread too much - Scooby & CCM - for horses you have been involved in - have they been through syndicates / part/full ownership? From the little i've heard and from the snippets you guys have posted it sounds like you need a hell of a lot of luck and patience but is it worth it even with all the fees and setbacks? One of my dreams one day to be involved with a horse(s)
                            I've always been in a group of 3, 4 or 5 myself Jono. Small enough to feel like you have a say, but big enough to spread the horrendous costs! Last year was the first for a long time that I haven't been involved as an owner, but the price of a decent horse appears increasingly ridiculous to me now. We were incredibly lucky to get some decent horses at decent prices and don't think we would have the same success again. But always got one ear open for an opportunity.

I'd say 100% it's worth it though. If you love the game, like you clearly do, it's the biggest buzz in the world. And just being the other side of the fence, so to speak, is such a great experience.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post

Wonder if they'd give him a Mark right now, and no idea what it would be. 1 win obviously we have a dream behind and classy animals infront of him. but they won't take that mark literally through we have a dreams current mark id have thought even thought that form should stand up.
                              If be pretty confident the plan would be triumph at this stage. But depends what he goes and does. There's some very good horses that have the potential to be given a silly mark without running over here.
                              Last edited by Scooby91; 8 January 2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X