Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Banker of the Festival - Pre 2018!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banker of the Festival - Pre 2018!

We've got some quite short-priced and well fancied horses now...... if you could only have 1 bet for the festival, before 2018 begins.... what would it be....
    Footpad - Arkle
    0.00%
    Buveur D'air - Champion Hurdle
    22.22%
    Faugheen - Champion Hurdle
    0.00%
    Apple's Jade - Mares Hurdle
    33.33%
    Samcro - Ballymore
    11.11%
    Altior - Champion Chase
    0.00%
    Cause of Causes - Cross Country
    33.33%
    Apple's Shakira - Triumph
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Buveur D'air for me .

Comment

Voted

Comment

There’s 4 horses there I would consider bankers but voted anyway

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
          Buveur D'air for me .
          Vote then

Comment

Think you've forgotten 'None of the above' and 'Other'.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
              Think you've forgotten 'None of the above' and 'Other'.
              For either of those, feel free to put them in the comments

Comment

None Of The Above

Footpad - waiting on Petit Mouchoir reappearance.
                BDA/Faugheen - neither a banker if the other one makes the race.
                Apples Jade - should be in the Stayers.
                Samcro - impressive but no substance to the form.
                Altior/Cause Of Causes - yet to reappear and prove their well-being.
                Apples Shakira - no certainty to run in this and no certainty to be owner's first choice.

Comment

None Of The Above

Footpad - waiting on Petit Mouchoir reappearance.
                  BDA/Faugheen - neither a banker if the other one makes the race.
                  Samcro - impressive but no substance to the form.
                  Altior/Cause Of Causes - yet to reappear and prove their well-being.
                  Apples Shakira - no certainty to run in this and no certainty to be owner's first choice.
                  Enough reasons not to back anything at short prices now.... which is why I made a poll rather than putting bets on

If you had to have a bet though.... which would you back?.... I picked CoC (biggest price of those) - not concerned about his well-being because of his previous festival record, so I feel he'#ll get there and is a spring horse.
                  Last edited by Kevloaf; 28 December 2017, 10:05 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't have any personal banker material until after the new Leopardstown festival the first weekend in February and I'd certainly want to see how this week plays out.

Comment

Apple's Jade for me. I cannot see her beat in March. Her claims are obvious really but i'll go into a little more depth in the Mares thread but of the others for me...

Footpad - I took a while to latch onto him but i'm converted after his last run. Worthy fav 100% but not a banker.
                      BDA/Faugheen - One or the other wins it. I think even the biggest fans of each (minus Matt Chapman!) would say it's a relatively close call between the pair
                      Samcro - I'm sold on the horse and a Potential superstar but even though If the Cap Fits and Next Destination look likely to go elsewhere, they and On The Blind Side mean there could be some decent opposition for him.
                      Altior - Banker if he gets there 100% (may not even need that) but always that question mark
                      Cause Of Causes - Just missed out after Apples Jade for me. Ideally I would have liked to see him in one of the XC trials at the course this season but based on how the XC races have played out the race looks at his mercy. Hopefully see him in the PP Hogan race early Feb which will give us the last clue for the race
                      Apples Shakira - Love the horse and everything she has done so far but could never have a Triumph horse as a banker this far out for me.

None Of The Above

Out of interest archie - if you think she should be in the stayers then surely she is banker material for the Mares? A weaker race with little depth over her ideal trip or at least a trip she excels at even if you take the view 3 miles may suit more?

Comment

She only just beat Limini last year and both that one and Let's Dance are perfectly capable of having improved enough to give her a race now. With Nichols Canyon sadly off the scene, I see very little depth in the Stayers unless Bacardys and Killultagh Vic take their chance and I think that she's as likely to win the Stayers as the Mares. You can't have a banker that may miss the race through choice.
                        For all the Gordon says this and Gordon says that, it's Eddie O'Leary who will make the call and he's under no pressure to make an early decision.
                        Last edited by archie; 28 December 2017, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Buveur D'Air for me, looks to be even better this year...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                            Buveur D'Air for me, looks to be even better this year...
                            Exactly what i think Istabraq , and Yes , I have voted kev

Comment

Looks like the makings of a yankee to me haha

Comment

Working...
                              X