Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Welsh National 27th Dec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welsh National 27th Dec

I couldn't see a thread but if I've missed one please merge.

15/15 – Had won between 1-5 chase races before
    15/15 – Raced within the last 7 weeks
    15/15 – Had won over at least 3m before (fences)
    14/15 – Aged 9 or younger
    13/15 – Placed in the top 4 last time out
    12/15 – Carried 11-0 or less in weight
    12/15 – Aged 8 or younger
    11/15 – Carried 10-8 or less in weight
    8/15 – Had won over fences at Chepstow before

Some strong trends here (shamelessly stolen from elsewhere) though it is somewhat surprising that younger horses generally come out best given the brutal stamina test this race can be on deep ground.

Easy to like Chase the Spud after his Midlands National win and his recent Haydock win but his previous Welsh National effort was poor and course form has counted for much in recent renewals, I'm reluctantly overlooking him.
    One that does appeal is Mysteree who was just behind Chase the Spud at Uttoxeter but re-opposes here 13lb better off, his absence since Uttoxeter doesn't sit well with the trends but he won on reappearance last season so can be ready after a break, 14/1 looks a decent price to me.
    Wild West Wind won the trial here and is likely to go well, Scottish National winner Vicente also a major player.

Any views ?

I have 3 shortlisted for this Istabraq . chase the spud , Rock the kasbah and Vicente , I had a small bet on w.w.wind for the n.h.chs
    this year at the fez , so should take another look at him ,.

Comment

Regal Encore EW at 60s

Comment

Working...
      X