Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbetalot View Post
    Anyone like Tombstone for this? 25/1 sounds fair or 14/1 nrnb... last year he ran a stinker in the Coral Cup but i think this is more his distance & I can not see him running in the JLT...
    He was backed of the boards last year on the day prior to that poor run in Coral Cup ,almost as defeat was impossible to envisage.

Ive been watching him all season and case could be made for any trip i guess ,personally I think a fast run 2m also i reckon he improving steadily and has been well placed this season by GE with Cheltenham in mind.

I like his profile and ive backed him accordingly for this (hope i am right) , cant see any other Giggi nag coming here and possible plotted up for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirbetalot View Post
    Anyone like Tombstone for this? 25/1 sounds fair or 14/1 nrnb... last year he ran a stinker in the Coral Cup but i think this is more his distance & I can not see him running in the JLT...
    Currently rated 147 in Ireland so he won't fit any ratings trends. Also, the way he's been campaigned with a grade 3 win and two seconds in grade 2 races, I'm not sure he's been plotted in any way.

I been backing Ordinary World from odds of 20/1 nrnb for the GA.

He his currently 14/1 for the GA and 50/1 for the CC.

He was running a fine race last weekend when he belted a fence which ended his challenge.

He returned lame.

If he lines up in the GA he will have a mighty chance to win.

Following on from my original post in this and it was good to see Diego Du Charmil back on the course at the weekend. I have to say I'm thrilled with his mark of 143 and whilst I haven't heard Nicholls say so directly, I feel certain this will be the aim. Did nothing at the weekend to put me off on ground he'd have hated and I'm still keen on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
    I been backing Ordinary World from odds of 20/1 nrnb for the GA.

He his currently 14/1 for the GA and 50/1 for the CC.

He was running a fine race last weekend when he belted a fence which ended his challenge.

He returned lame.

If he lines up in the GA he will have a mighty chance to win.
    Im very keen on him but He's rated 149. He needs to be in the 138-147 bracket for this.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorwu View Post
    Im very keen on him but He's rated 149. He needs to be in the 138-147 bracket for this.
    Unfortunately, and shockingly, he has been raised to 155 after finishing 30l behind Min!

Ordinary World 2010 155

Quote Originally Posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
    Unfortunately, and shockingly, he has been raised to 155 after finishing 30l behind Min!

Ordinary World 2010 155
    They'll probably have to go for the Champion Chase now, unless Phil does the unthinkable and gives him a lower rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayoffreedom View Post

Ordinary World 2010 155
    No wonder graded races attract small fields.
    I used to cringe at the Hurricane Fly's and Faugheens winning hack canters at 1/12 but what incentive is there if your horse collects 4k for getting dicked out of sight by a top table animal and you get raised more than you would for winning a 15k handicap.
    I am stunned by that new mark, another case of racing shooting itself in its' foot....

Can get 60/1 with Ladbrokes on Ordinary World for the Champion Chase. Every smart person says never bet EW on a horse that has no chance of winning....i’m not smart and in a race that will cut up I think that might just be a bet I might make.

Agree about Diego Du Charmil and he has stayed on 143 and looks to have a perfect profile for a race like this.