Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 106
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    673
    I second that Liam. I thought I had the handicap "good thing" last year in Velvet Maker (ran stinker) & Dandridge. Ive spent hours going through this race to no avail.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    243
    Interesting to see in Henderson’s blog today that if he had to have an ante-post bet for Cheltenham he’d back Theinval for this - still 33s with Betfair (if they’ll let you have more than 33p!)

  3. #13
    Senior Member Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nantwich, Cheshire
    Posts
    6,461
    Doctor Pheonix likely to run here off top weight? Or take up that Champion Chase entry?

    16/1 NRNB ??

  4. #14
    Senior Member Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nantwich, Cheshire
    Posts
    6,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashew King View Post
    Interesting to see in Henderson’s blog today that if he had to have an ante-post bet for Cheltenham he’d back Theinval for this - still 33s with Betfair (if they’ll let you have more than 33p!)
    I might actually take that 3rd last year at 16/1

    Best form to me is over 2m on better ground and he's only 3 lbs higher now than last year.... looks like they've tried to get that down since Aintree too....

    25/1 is best price now.... anyone interested?

  5. #15
    Senior Member jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Southampton, Hampshire
    Posts
    1,375
    He interests me for sure however he has started to become an expensive horse to back!

    I can't stop going back to his run at Ayr in April last year on good (g-s) ground:

    1. Cloudy Dream - now rated 158
    2. Theinval - now rated 141
    3. Oldgrangewood - now rated 148
    4. Clan des Obeaux - now rated 155
    PU. Flying Angel - now rated 152

  6. #16
    Senior Member Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nantwich, Cheshire
    Posts
    6,461
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    He interests me for sure however he has started to become an expensive horse to back!

    I can't stop going back to his run at Ayr in April last year on good (g-s) ground:

    1. Cloudy Dream - now rated 158
    2. Theinval - now rated 141
    3. Oldgrangewood - now rated 148
    4. Clan des Obeaux - now rated 155
    PU. Flying Angel - now rated 152
    That's good, as I backed him before waiting for a reponse

    I liked the 2nd behind Double W's as well, that you'd put up for the Close Brothers I think? Or was it for Aintree afterwards when he won?

  7. #17
    Senior Member jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Southampton, Hampshire
    Posts
    1,375
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    He interests me for sure however he has started to become an expensive horse to back!

    I can't stop going back to his run at Ayr in April last year on good (g-s) ground:

    1. Cloudy Dream - now rated 158
    2. Theinval - now rated 141
    3. Oldgrangewood - now rated 148
    4. Clan des Obeaux - now rated 155
    PU. Flying Angel - now rated 152
    He's better than his current mark BUT my worry is he doesn't win often and may be a bit of a 'nearly horse'?

  8. #18
    In case anyone had him in their shortlist. I was told by a friend that Double Ws is likely to skip Cheltenham and target Aintree instead - I'll see the owners next month and post on here if I hear anything. Although not sure anyone would be interested in backing him after his last two runs.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    457
    Anyone like Tombstone for this? 25/1 sounds fair or 14/1 nrnb... last year he ran a stinker in the Coral Cup but i think this is more his distance & I can not see him running in the JLT...

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbetalot View Post
    Anyone like Tombstone for this? 25/1 sounds fair or 14/1 nrnb... last year he ran a stinker in the Coral Cup but i think this is more his distance & I can not see him running in the JLT...
    I think he wants considerably further personally.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •