Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I second that Liam. I thought I had the handicap "good thing" last year in Velvet Maker (ran stinker) & Dandridge. Ive spent hours going through this race to no avail.

Interesting to see in Henderson’s blog today that if he had to have an ante-post bet for Cheltenham he’d back Theinval for this - still 33s with Betfair (if they’ll let you have more than 33p!)

Doctor Pheonix likely to run here off top weight? Or take up that Champion Chase entry?

16/1 NRNB ??

Quote Originally Posted by Cashew King View Post
    Interesting to see in Henderson’s blog today that if he had to have an ante-post bet for Cheltenham he’d back Theinval for this - still 33s with Betfair (if they’ll let you have more than 33p!)
    I might actually take that 3rd last year at 16/1

Best form to me is over 2m on better ground and he's only 3 lbs higher now than last year.... looks like they've tried to get that down since Aintree too....

25/1 is best price now.... anyone interested?

He interests me for sure however he has started to become an expensive horse to back!

I can't stop going back to his run at Ayr in April last year on good (g-s) ground:

1. Cloudy Dream - now rated 158
    2. Theinval - now rated 141
    3. Oldgrangewood - now rated 148
    4. Clan des Obeaux - now rated 155
    PU. Flying Angel - now rated 152

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    He interests me for sure however he has started to become an expensive horse to back!

I can't stop going back to his run at Ayr in April last year on good (g-s) ground:

That's good, as I backed him before waiting for a reponse

I liked the 2nd behind Double W's as well, that you'd put up for the Close Brothers I think? Or was it for Aintree afterwards when he won?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post

He's better than his current mark BUT my worry is he doesn't win often and may be a bit of a 'nearly horse'?

In case anyone had him in their shortlist. I was told by a friend that Double Ws is likely to skip Cheltenham and target Aintree instead - I'll see the owners next month and post on here if I hear anything. Although not sure anyone would be interested in backing him after his last two runs.

Anyone like Tombstone for this? 25/1 sounds fair or 14/1 nrnb... last year he ran a stinker in the Coral Cup but i think this is more his distance & I can not see him running in the JLT...

Quote Originally Posted by Sirbetalot View Post
    Anyone like Tombstone for this? 25/1 sounds fair or 14/1 nrnb... last year he ran a stinker in the Coral Cup but i think this is more his distance & I can not see him running in the JLT...
    I think he wants considerably further personally.