Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Grand Annual 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billymag View Post
    Agree about Diego Du Charmil and he has stayed on 143 and looks to have a perfect profile for a race like this.
    Would he not be heading for the novice handicap chase on day one? I just assumed that would be his target.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
      Can get 60/1 with Ladbrokes on Ordinary World for the Champion Chase. Every smart person says never bet EW on a horse that has no chance of winning....i’m not smart and in a race that will cut up I think that might just be a bet I might make.
      Agree, you currently get 3 places but there could easily be only 6/7 that line up, your 60/1 3 places would then look very smart.
      I might also consider the w/o Altior market

Comment

Can’t even think about antepost on this race guys- to me it’s just a fun bet after the top races earlier in the day. Anyone else similar??

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          Would he not be heading for the novice handicap chase on day one? I just assumed that would be his target.
          Hope not FM as I'm on him for this race too. He looks an out an out two miler to me and considering he's never run over 2m4f, nor does he appear to want it, I personally can't see why they would step him up in the trip for the first time in the Novice Handicap?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
            Unfortunately, and shockingly, he has been raised to 155 after finishing 30l behind Min!

Ordinary World 2010 155
            Unfortunately our handicapper has seen that OW was running a cracking race against Min.
            No harm done, but it's back to the drawing board.

Comment

Pretty obvious bet based on the betting, but Theinval looks to have been laid out for this.

Run his best race this season 2 runs back over 2m at Newbury, which wouldn't have suited as he's a good finisher over 2m and Newbury is a flat track, but still got up for a never nearer 3rd.

2 of his other 3 runs this season have been over an inadequate trip, but both at Cheltenham, I presume to get his rating back down, and it worked, he's now back down to the same rating as last season, 141, and another year older.

10/1 and favourite hardly required rocket science to put this one forward, but certainly one I am keen on having just started to make my way through the handicaps.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                Pretty obvious bet based on the betting, but Theinval looks to have been laid out for this.

Run his best race this season 2 runs back over 2m at Newbury, which wouldn't have suited as he's a good finisher over 2m and Newbury is a flat track, but still got up for a never nearer 3rd.

2 of his other 3 runs this season have been over an inadequate trip, but both at Cheltenham, I presume to get his rating back down, and it worked, he's now back down to the same rating as last season, 141, and another year older.

10/1 and favourite hardly required rocket science to put this one forward, but certainly one I am keen on having just started to make my way through the handicaps.
                It’s the worst kept secret in racing that he’s been laid out for this.

I don’t play the handicaps at Cheltenham antepost but I like Theinval for sure.

Comment

Diego just looks more likely for a race at 2 miles to me, i havent heard connections say otherwise but with the NRNB and price of 20/1 I thought hes worth a go (1pt win), I think he will start nearer to 10/1 on day if he goes here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
                    Interesting to see in Henderson’s blog today that if he had to have an ante-post bet for Cheltenham he’d back Theinval for this - still 33s with Betfair (if they’ll let you have more than 33p!)
                    Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    I might actually take that 3rd last year at 16/1

Best form to me is over 2m on better ground and he's only 3 lbs higher now than last year.... looks like they've tried to get that down since Aintree too....

25/1 is best price now.... anyone interested?
                    Originally posted by jono View Post
                    I can't stop going back to his run at Ayr in April last year on good (g-s) ground:

1. Cloudy Dream - now rated 158
                    2. Theinval - now rated 141
                    3. Oldgrangewood - now rated 148
                    4. Clan des Obeaux - now rated 155
                    PU. Flying Angel - now rated 152
                    Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    That's good, as I backed him before waiting for a reponse

I liked the 2nd behind Double W's as well, that you'd put up for the Close Brothers I think? Or was it for Aintree afterwards when he won?
                    Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                    It’s the worst kept secret in racing that he’s been laid out for this.

I don’t play the handicaps at Cheltenham antepost but I like Theinval for sure.
                    Theinval highlighted by Cashew King a earlier on... certainly a good shout IMO, and is my only bet in the race so far.

Comment

I think it was interesting that Henderson took Thienval for a gallop yesterday with Bouvier Dair and Might Bite. Theinvals price has been noticeably contracting in the last few days. Henderson has an emotional connection with this race so it might be prudent to follow the advice of Comply and add Thienval to your portfolio's.
                      Last edited by James Joseph; 25 February 2018, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Another one for my singles . Thankyou. At this rate I will defo have a muti on again.You lot are brilliant.

Comment

Just posting this as a reminder to myself to look tomorrow but North Hill Harvey has been mentioned as being under consideration for this race and my first instinct is that 20/1 NRNB is too big based on his course form alone.

Will edit this tomorrow***

Comment

Its Bun Doran for me in this one. Just got to prey he puts in a prefect round, but positive he is capable of winning a big one.

Comment

The NH plot horse Theinval not gonna get in?? little hope for Bun Doran as well.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                                The NH plot horse Theinval not gonna get in?? little hope for Bun Doran as well.
                                He certainly needs more than I hoped to come out dr.

Comment

Working...
                                X