Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Close Brothers Novice Handicap Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by qzy View Post
    Divine Spear is a NR, lame today. A shame
    Is that 3 or 4 horses today named with injuries at Seven Barrows? What's going on at Hendo's?

Comment

• I think Rocklander looks a very big price here. Will act on the ground and whilst the form of its last win at Newbury looks nothing special, I thought it jumped well and seemed to get racing a long way out. The second has disappointed since, but it looked prime for a bounce after this performance so not too bothered about that. Rocklander has very solid Cheltenham form and also stays further than this, whilst it travels well in its race to cope with drop in trip.

Looks as solid a 33/1 shot that you can find this week for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westo97 View Post
        I think Rocklander looks a very big price here. Will act on the ground and whilst the form of its last win at Newbury looks nothing special, I thought it jumped well and seemed to get racing a long way out. The second has disappointed since, but it looked prime for a bounce after this performance so not too bothered about that. Rocklander has very solid Cheltenham form and also stays further than this, whilst it travels well in its race to cope with drop in trip.

Maybe see how Summerville Boy and Singlefarmpayment get on first. Tom George’s dodgy stable form may have been highlighted and if neither of those go close then would be a leap of faith to imagine Rocklander could go close

Comment

• Originally posted by Westo97 View Post
          I think Rocklander looks a very big price here. Will act on the ground and whilst the form of its last win at Newbury looks nothing special, I thought it jumped well and seemed to get racing a long way out. The second has disappointed since, but it looked prime for a bounce after this performance so not too bothered about that. Rocklander has very solid Cheltenham form and also stays further than this, whilst it travels well in its race to cope with drop in trip.

just come to same conclusion, replaced divine spear with this

Comment

• Do we know why Barry G doesn’t ride Any Second Now?

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
              Do we know why Barry G doesn’t ride Any Second Now?
              Doesn’t sound unhappy with Demi Sang

Comment

• FFS that twice Rather B has been done at cheltenham when he looked like winning,....

Comment

• MW saved my bacon day 1!

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                    Not at all surprised Kalondra has come out. Would have preferred to have got my money returned on Conrad Hasings as well. It looks as if they are giving a young jockey a bit of experience. The 16/1 Testify still has a bit of scope to shorten. Sky Bet offering 6 places but I will probably leave it now.
                    I know he was a million but totally pointless exercise in running Conrad Hastings.

Testify, a strange performance. He looked to be travelling fine approaching four out but put in a slow jump and appeared to say that's me done for the day.

I assume Barney Dwan each-way backers were quite relieved to see the fifth make a complete mess of the last.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                      Crept in right at the bottom! Lovely stuff
                      MW saved my bacon today - all the hard work paid off for day one

Comment

Working...
                      X