Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    We are hoping that Peter the Mayo man might be one for this but, he needs to run well in a prep, probably at Ayr in the future novices chase. The weight band is so tight that you are going to have to have a bit of luck to get one into the race, but this is in our plans, so will see how it plays out. He does have a nice profile and his run at Doncaster was very promising his jumping was great, PFN had done a lot of schooling with him, more than most horses he's had, so you can take it from that, he would of needed it! Fingers crossed.

My original fancy for this runs today - Scoir Mear. He'll need to improve dramatically to get a run at Cheltenham though as (I think) he's only got an Irish handicapper mark of 119. It'd be nice if they actually try to put him in the race today as his first 3 runs have been eye catching bad.

Even going up 20lbs probably wont be enough to get in this, but he is an interesting horse for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    My original fancy for this runs today - Scoir Mear. He'll need to improve dramatically to get a run at Cheltenham though as (I think) he's only got an Irish handicapper mark of 119. It'd be nice if they actually try to put him in the race today as his first 3 runs have been eye catching bad.
    We had him in the Coral Cup last year. Really fancied him @33s, just missed the ew. Me & Ant are assigned to do the handicaps each year. We were so close, Singlefarm chinned on the line, PP & Tully East victorious. Surfice to say we've got the job again.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorwu View Post
    We had him in the Coral Cup last year. Really fancied him @33s, just missed the ew. Me & Ant are assigned to do the handicaps each year. We were so close, Singlefarm chinned on the line, PP & Tully East victorious. Surfice to say we've got the job again.
    What job? Who is ant? What have I missed haha

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I second this haha

Haha Kev. He's 1 of my racing buddies. We get to do all the handicap trends for our group, spreadsheets etc. That's because the other lot are too lazy, and just not trustworthy. In short, they've no idea. Well, they've certainly got less of an idea than the 2 of us.

I wonder if Saturnas would end up here. Not quoted .... but did well at the end of the race to get back up...

and Mullisn won with McKinley 2016 who ended up in the Close Brothers

Mullins has just said he'd go up in trip too

I wonder if Saturnas would end up here. Not quoted .... but did well at the end of the race to get back up...

and Mullisn won with McKinley 2016 who ended up in the Close Brothers

Mullins has just said he'd go up in trip too
    Can’t see it myself Kev. Think JLT will be his race.

Although not quoted by many! Introduced at 16/1 by Bet365.
    Last edited by Can't Catch Me; 01-14-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    Can’t see it myself Kev. Think JLT will be his race.
    Yeah not really Mullins' style I suppose. Just not sure beating De Plotting Shed that far makes him a spring festival graded winner was my inital thought