Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Close Brothers Novice Handicap Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close Brothers Novice Handicap Chase 2018

Early to start off, but PP and BF have decided to get odds up on all the handicaps and there was one in this I was interested in with his rating....

Movewiththetimes 33/1 with PP. Can't remember which thread this was discussed in, but this race is 0-145 (increased last year) and MWTT is rated 145.

I thought he MIGHT be put away but I see he has an entry at Chelt over 2m4f on 16th December (Saturday). I'll keep an incredibly close eye on the race, as he might still be good enough for races like the JLT but to me, he'd be a huge player in this on that run behind Finian's Oscar... and 5L behind NHH and Sceau Royal...

Plenty others to consider though....

MWTT won't be going UP in the handicap there..... wide all the way

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      MWTT won't be going UP in the handicap there..... wide all the way
      Kalondra. The mighty modus form
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Early to start off, but PP and BF have decided to get odds up on all the handicaps and there was one in this I was interested in with his rating....

Movewiththetimes 33/1 with PP. Can't remember which thread this was discussed in, but this race is 0-145 (increased last year) and MWTT is rated 145.

I thought he MIGHT be put away but I see he has an entry at Chelt over 2m4f on 16th December (Saturday). I'll keep an incredibly close eye on the race, as he might still be good enough for races like the JLT but to me, he'd be a huge player in this on that run behind Finian's Oscar... and 5L behind NHH and Sceau Royal...

The 33/1 has gone.... now 14/1!!!

Comment

Reflecting on the 2020 Cheltenham Festival and building up towards 2021. Threads on all major races including Gold Cup, Queen Mother and Champion Hurdle. Share early Cheltenham Festival Tips and check out our preview night reports.

I think it's worth pointing out that Coo Star Sivola, who I mentioned in the same point about MWTT, finished in front off level weights in their particular match yesterday. Currently has an OR of 135 (compared to 145 for MWTT) so it might be interesting to see how that changes.
          Last edited by archie; 17 December 2017, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Yes good point archie!

I have just spotted MWTT is 20/1 any race with WH when he is best priced 14/1 for this race.... for anyone that missed the bigger prices perhaps?

Which includes myself despite highlighting the 33/1

Comment

MWTT dropped just 1lb to 144. Coo Star Sivola unchanged on 135!

Comment

Got a price boost from Hills for MWTT... 21.7/1 any race. Seems fair enough!

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                  MWTT dropped just 1lb to 144. Coo Star Sivola unchanged on 135!
                  Coo Star Sivola likely to be an alright price much much much closer to the time.... odd to not go up at all..... might actually NEED to go up to get in?

Not sure where the improvement would come from though as it seemed to be because of the step UP in trip do you think?

Comment

I think I'd be waiting for NRNB but I don't see MWTT winning a handicap off a mark in the 140s.

Comment

I think I'd be waiting for NRNB but I don't see MWTT winning a handicap off a mark in the 140s.
                      LAst year what was the bottom weight that got in to the race? Was it 139?

I might be completely off the mark there, but when I did back MWTT I had in my head that the handicap was so compressed that him being near the top really wouldn't be a problem compared to years gone by?

Comment

A range of 137 to 142.

Comment

A range of 137 to 142.
                          mwtt not going to be 'well handicapped' then regardless.... I think they'll manage to get him dropped a bit yet

Comment

Just posted this in the wrong thread. Having noted that Movewiththetimes is being plotted up for this race, you would also have to say the same and have some cover on Ballyandy. Mark dropped to 145 i'd be fairly certain this is now the aim. Stingy prices but he has as much chance of MWTT on all known form

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                              Just posted this in the wrong thread. Having noted that Movewiththetimes is being plotted up for this race, you would also have to say the same and have some cover on Ballyandy. Mark dropped to 145 i'd be fairly certain this is now the aim. Stingy prices but he has as much chance of MWTT on all known form
                              MWTT has been mentioned from the early posts.... I ended up missing the 33/1 and taking 20/1 (or 22/1 any race) when that was available.

I didn't think about Ballyandy at the time, which is surprising because I agree he'd be interesting. I think because I'd read Ballyhill might be one for this race I didn't think to look!

Coo Star Sivola that I think archie mentioned is 16s NRNB, 20s WH NR and 25s.... that one is certainly on the radar.

The Storyteller 14/1 NRNB... surely that wouldn't be allowed in?

Comment

Working...
                              X