Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Close Brothers Novice Handicap Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    MWTT has been mentioned from the early posts.... I ended up missing the 33/1 and taking 20/1 (or 22/1 any race) when that was available.

I didn't think about Ballyandy at the time, which is surprising because I agree he'd be interesting. I think because I'd read Ballyhill might be one for this race I didn't think to look!

Coo Star Sivola that I think archie mentioned is 16s NRNB, 20s WH NR and 25s.... that one is certainly on the radar.

The Storyteller 14/1 NRNB... surely that wouldn't be allowed in?
    Not if he runs this weekend. He'll go very close.

But wouldn't be impossible.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

MWTT has been mentioned from the early posts.... I ended up missing the 33/1 and taking 20/1 (or 22/1 any race) when that was available.

I didn't think about Ballyandy at the time, which is surprising because I agree he'd be interesting. I think because I'd read Ballyhill might be one for this race I didn't think to look!

Coo Star Sivola that I think archie mentioned is 16s NRNB, 20s WH NR and 25s.... that one is certainly on the radar.

The Storyteller 14/1 NRNB... surely that wouldn't be allowed in?
      The Storyteller is 14s with Hills any race. Added him in earlier in the week as i really rate him wherever he heads

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
        The Storyteller is 14s with Hills any race. Added him in earlier in the week as i really rate him wherever he heads
        Actually I put a pt on at 14s, then when adding him to my spreadsheet realised I already had a pt on him at 16s any race a couple of months ago. Amateur stuff. I'd assume they know what they're doing with him and he'll be plotted up for something... Brown Plate most likely at this stage, even seen the 4 miler mentioned as a possibility as Codd's ride

Comment

I've added 2 pts on The Storyteller at 16/1 NRNB for this. Very keen and I know Scooby is too.

Not confident he'll get in at all but would be 4/1 at best IMO

Comment

I can't see Phil letting him in here but a complete no risk bet. Good luck.

Comment

We are hoping that Peter the Mayo man might be one for this but, he needs to run well in a prep, probably at Ayr in the future novices chase. The weight band is so tight that you are going to have to have a bit of luck to get one into the race, but this is in our plans, so will see how it plays out. He does have a nice profile and his run at Doncaster was very promising his jumping was great, PFN had done a lot of schooling with him, more than most horses he's had, so you can take it from that, he would of needed it! Fingers crossed.

Comment

My original fancy for this runs today - Scoir Mear. He'll need to improve dramatically to get a run at Cheltenham though as (I think) he's only got an Irish handicapper mark of 119. It'd be nice if they actually try to put him in the race today as his first 3 runs have been eye catching bad.

Comment

Even going up 20lbs probably wont be enough to get in this, but he is an interesting horse for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    My original fancy for this runs today - Scoir Mear. He'll need to improve dramatically to get a run at Cheltenham though as (I think) he's only got an Irish handicapper mark of 119. It'd be nice if they actually try to put him in the race today as his first 3 runs have been eye catching bad.
                    We had him in the Coral Cup last year. Really fancied him @33s, just missed the ew. Me & Ant are assigned to do the handicaps each year. We were so close, Singlefarm chinned on the line, PP & Tully East victorious. Surfice to say we've got the job again.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                      We had him in the Coral Cup last year. Really fancied him @33s, just missed the ew. Me & Ant are assigned to do the handicaps each year. We were so close, Singlefarm chinned on the line, PP & Tully East victorious. Surfice to say we've got the job again.
                      What job? Who is ant? What have I missed haha

Comment

I second this haha

Comment

Haha Kev. He's 1 of my racing buddies. We get to do all the handicap trends for our group, spreadsheets etc. That's because the other lot are too lazy, and just not trustworthy. In short, they've no idea. Well, they've certainly got less of an idea than the 2 of us.

Comment

I wonder if Saturnas would end up here. Not quoted .... but did well at the end of the race to get back up...

and Mullisn won with McKinley 2016 who ended up in the Close Brothers

Mullins has just said he'd go up in trip too

Comment

I wonder if Saturnas would end up here. Not quoted .... but did well at the end of the race to get back up...

and Mullisn won with McKinley 2016 who ended up in the Close Brothers

Mullins has just said he'd go up in trip too
                              Can’t see it myself Kev. Think JLT will be his race.

Although not quoted by many! Introduced at 16/1 by Bet365.
                              Last edited by Can't Catch Me; 14 January 2018, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                                Can’t see it myself Kev. Think JLT will be his race.
                                Yeah not really Mullins' style I suppose. Just not sure beating De Plotting Shed that far makes him a spring festival graded winner was my inital thought

Comment

Working...
                                X