Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    I just saw Peregrine RUn at 14/1 NRNB in the list and thought (despite the price) that I'd LOVE to be on him here.... 1 chase run, beat Rathvinden over 2m4f, not seen since. Wants good ground, Irish mark of 139 and trip is ideal!

Only problem is the price, and the fact I haven't heard a thing about him in months!!!!

I see he is actully 33/1 NRNB and 50/1 for the JLT... has anything been said? I don't remember seeing his name in the lists all season and I definitely would have noticed it?!?!

I was looking forward to Peregrin run too, unfortunatly looks like he'll bypass Cheltenham, this was said at 'Horse racing Ireland 18/1/2018

Peter Fahey is eyeing the spring festivals with smart novice chaser Peregrine Run, but ground conditions will be a big factor in deciding his targets.

The King's Theatre gelding has proven best on a sound surface, and Fahey is hoping for a dry spring for his charge.

Peregrine Run was a Grade Two winner over hurdles at Cheltenham back in November 2016, but may skip the Festival at Prestbury Park in favour of end-of-season targets.

"He's back on the go, but he won't run until he gets good ground," said Fahey.

"He got a break after his win in Killarney and came back in the first week of December. He's cantering away, but we won't be running him until we get nice ground as he's very ground-dependent.

"We'll definitely look at the festivals with him, but whether that will be Cheltenham or not, I don't know.

"It depends on the ground, as it's probably not quick enough for him over there.

"Later in the spring we'll have him for Fairyhouse, Punchestown and maybe Aintree."

He added: "He has plenty of class and goes on the good ground.

"We'll be coming in at the end of the season with him, so hopefully some of the horses will have been to Cheltenham and different places and he might be there to slot in in all those nice races if any of them are a bit flat."

Thanks birds nest. I think that becomes my 4th selection that won't be here!

Kemboy given 145 in Ireland so unlikely to get in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I just saw Peregrine RUn at 14/1 NRNB in the list and thought (despite the price) that I'd LOVE to be on him here.... 1 chase run, beat Rathvinden over 2m4f, not seen since. Wants good ground, Irish mark of 139 and trip is ideal!

Only problem is the price, and the fact I haven't heard a thing about him in months!!!!

I see he is actully 33/1 NRNB and 50/1 for the JLT... has anything been said? I don't remember seeing his name in the lists all season and I definitely would have noticed it?!?!
    Actually Kev he's run five times over fences. You can forget his first run, won three of his next four reversing Galway form with Rathvinden when he ran at Killarney. I was with Peter last week and he will likely get an entry for this (entries close next Tuesday 20/2). As said elsewhere, he is ground dependent and is unlikely to go to Cheltenham. A couple of further wrinkles as well: his Irish chase rating went up a pound last week to 145 so that would make it touch and go about getting in here (although UK ratings are much more in line with Irish ratings these days) and Peter also said he was half thinking about putting him in the Martin Pipe. I pushed him a bit on that and i don't think it will happen and, anyway, Roger Loughran might never recover from the shock

Thanks BoF... been away for a few days so not been able to keep on top of all the posts.

SHame for Kemboy archie, although deserves a crack in the JLT anyway ...

Backed
    Tycoon Prince 16/1 nrnb bog
    Has an Irish mark of 143 I'm liking his form in the book. Hes ran into some very nice sorts.

I also like any second now but very unlikely to get in.

Divine Spear dropped 2lb to 141

Quote Originally Posted by qzy View Post
    Divine Spear dropped 2lb to 141
    Bizzarely that may be a problem if the handicap is going to be as compressed as much as I'm predicting.

Divine Spear unlucky to be dropped based on last run and will need bit of luck to get in now.
    Nicky's other horse Rather Be won by 17l on bridle (admittedly getting bit of weight) but kept on 143.
    both surprised me.