Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Close Brothers Novice Handicap Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Yeah not really Mullins' style I suppose. Just not sure beating De Plotting Shed that far makes him a spring festival graded winner was my inital thought
    Completely agree with that, but it’s early days for him and he was a Grade One winner over hurdles so you’d think they would be aiming slightly higher then a handicap at this stage?

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
      Completely agree with that, but it’s early days for him and he was a Grade One winner over hurdles so you’d think they would be aiming slightly higher then a handicap at this stage?
      Yes. Almost certainly.

Another nudge towards the RSa for IO then.,.. too many options in the JLT

Comment

Yeah was hoping he’d make up into a JLT horse for exactly that reason!!

"I thought he might be one of our two-milers this year but, looking at that, he needs further," said Mullins.

"I was hoping he'd be a Grade One horse (over fences) but looking at that it will be quite a climb."

You might be on to something though...

Comment

"I thought he might be one of our two-milers this year but, looking at that, he needs further," said Mullins.

"I was hoping he'd be a Grade One horse (over fences) but looking at that it will be quite a climb."

The owners (as someone pointed out on the forum last year) have a RIDICULOUSLY good record in handicaps too at the festival... I might request a price and see what happens

Comment

Following a review of your request, I can confirm that we would be happy to offer a price of

16/1 for Saturnas in the Close Brothers Novices' Handicap Chase.

Paddy Power have introduced him at 10/1 (I haven't requested that)

Comment

Not particularly for this race. But keep an eye out for Gordon's entries on trials day. He entered the storyteller up last year for a handicap to check his mark for the martin pipe.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I think we can safely assume that Ballyandy doesn't go for this unless of course he runs a shocker tomorrow.

I shouldn't think they will want Coo Star Sivola to bolt up either. A decent run just going up a couple pounds would be ideal.
                Last edited by kinloch brae; 26 January 2018, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I think they'll want >140 for CSS so expect him to go well.

Comment

Mount mews would be interesting here. Ran very well had plenty left when he diddnt jump the last too well. Would have been a handy winner but for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      Mount mews would be interesting here. Ran very well had plenty left when he diddnt jump the last too well. Would have been a handy winner but for that.
                      Poor ride from Hughes today.

Comment

another jp possible ( via the donn)

Hell’s Kitchen
                        Hell’s Kitchen put up a really impressive performance to win the 2m 4f novices’ handicap chase. He settled well in front for Barry Geraghty and, even though Mister Whitaker closed on him over the last two fences, he found plenty on the run-in, going on to win by a length and a half, with the pair of them clear. The time was good too, marginally faster than Racing Post par.

JP McManus’ horse has always been a horse with lots of potential, and this was a really encouraging performance. Winner of just one of his three races over hurdles, he is built for fences. This was just his fourth run over the larger obstacles and just his third completion, and it was a career-best. He is learning to settle better as he is gaining in experience, and he should continue to progress as continues to learn to settle. The handicapper raised him by 7lb to a mark of 144, but he has the potential to go beyond that mark now over fences.

Kempton, 26th December 2017

Comment

Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                          I think we can safely assume that Ballyandy doesn't go for this unless of course he runs a shocker tomorrow.

I shouldn't think they will want Coo Star Sivola to bolt up either. A decent run just going up a couple pounds would be ideal.
                          I think we can put a line through those two. On that run, if you can call it a run, Ballyandy will be lucky to win another race in his career. It was so desperate I suppose they might try some sort of headgear.

Comment

Ballyandy will surely go over hurdles next

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              Ballyandy will surely go over hurdles next

Quite possibly, but hes deffinately over rated as a horse in general. His last standout performance off level weights was in his bumper days.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                                Quite possibly, but hes deffinately over rated as a horse in general. His last standout performance off level weights was in his bumper days.

Comment

Working...
                                X