Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Nicky Henderson Stable Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicky Henderson Stable Tour

I see Barry's blog is starting back at ATR this week.

He put these up as his ten to follow ...all trained by Nicky Henderson

l
    Bobs Worth
    Track Bobs Worth View form

7-y-o; bay gelding
    Breeding: Bob Back (USA) - Fashionista (IRE)
    Trained by N J Henderson
    Form: 111-1321

As you probably know, I had him as a youngster and sold him to Nicky at the sales so he’ll always be a horse I’m fond of but his record is excellent and I think he can go on again this season. He’s only been beaten three times in his career and there were excuses on each of them, particularly last season when needed a wind op after he was beaten at Kempton and needed his comeback at Ascot. After that he won the RSA at the Cheltenham Festival and he’s a horse that will only beat what’s put in front of him. At the moment I’d think that Nicky is going along the lines of the Hennessy at Newbury which is a good jump off point for a top-class, second-season novice chaser.
    Video Form

2nd - Sodexo Prestige Reynoldstown Novices' Chase (Grade 2) (3m), Ascot, 18 Feb 2012

Captain Conan
    Track Captain Conan View form

5-y-o; bay gelding
    Breeding: Kingsalsa (USA) - Lavandou (UK)
    Trained by N J Henderson
    Form: 3411622

A lovely horse that was a baby over hurdles and for that reason he didn’t really hold his form through the season. I think he’s an exciting novice chase prospect over two or two and a half miles. I’m looking forward to him.
    Video Form

6th - Deloitte Novice Hurdle (grade 1) (2m 2f), Leopardstown, 12 Feb 2012

Finian's Rainbow
    Track Finian's Rainbow View form

9-y-o; bay gelding
    Breeding: Tiraaz (USA) - Trinity Gale (IRE)
    Trained by N J Henderson
    Form: 121-1211

Absolutely top marks to the trainer for getting him ready to win the Champion Chase at Cheltenham then the Melling Chase at Aintree – a great performance from the Seven Barrows team. Nicky just waited then gradually produced him for the big day and it was probably only a couple of weeks before Cheltenham that the horse really came to himself. He gets two and a half well and is certainly possible for the King George over three on Boxing Day.
    Video Form

2nd - 25th Anniversary Of The Victor Chandler Chase (Registered As The Clarence House Chase) (Grade 1) (2m 1f), Ascot, 21 Jan 2012
    WON - Hope Safe T-Bar Novices' Hurdle (2m 3f 110y), Ascot, 20 Feb 2010

Grandouet
    Track Grandouet View form

5-y-o; bay gelding
    Breeding: Al Namix (FR) - Virginia River (FR)
    Trained by N J Henderson
    Form: 13B-1F11

He was raw enough as a juvenile but really began to thrive last season and I’m sure he would have been a big player in the Champion Hurdle had he not gone wrong a few weeks before. He’s doing well physically and is likely to be a serious player at Cheltenham if he gets a clear run through to March.
    Video Form

WON - AES Champion Four Year Old Hurdle (Grade 1) (2m), Punchestown, 7 May 2011
    WON - Ascot Annual Badgeholders' Juvenile Hurdle (2m), Ascot, 22 Jan 2011

Hammersly Lake
    Track Hammersly Lake View form

4-y-o; bay gelding
    Breeding: Kapgarde (FR) - Loin De Moi (FR)
    Trained by T Trapenard
    Form: 317333

He’s an ex-French four-year-old that didn’t race for us last season and I’ve never sat on him but he’s a horse that people like to talk about and he’s held in high regard. I’m looking forward to him.
    Master Of The Game
    Track Master Of The Game View form

6-y-o; chestnut gelding
    Breeding: Bob's Return (IRE) - Lady Monilousha (IRE)
    Trained by N J Henderson
    Form: 7F/105-1

He came good towards the end of last season and although I didn’t win on him I think he’ll be a better horse this time. He’s big and scopey so interesting when he goes staying novice chasing.
    My Tent Or Yours
    Track My Tent Or Yours View form

5-y-o; bay gelding
    Breeding: Desert Prince (IRE) - Spartan Girl (IRE)
    Trained by N J Henderson
    Form: 122

This one could be pretty smart. When I rode him in his bumper at Newbury in March he didn’t drop the bit until we were turning in for home and he was still only beaten a neck. After that he was a close second in the Aintree bumper. Loads of pace and one I’m really looking forward to in two mile novice hurdles.
    Oscar Whisky
    Track Oscar Whisky View form

7-y-o; bay gelding
    Breeding: Oscar (IRE) - Ash Baloo (IRE)
    Trained by N J Henderson
    Form: 1-F11151

It’s possible he’ll stay hurdling and he’ll be hard to beat from two to two and a half miles – the only times he was beaten last season was when he fell first time out at Ascot and in the World Hurdle at Cheltenham – and he won the Aintree Hurdle over two and a half after that. He’d be competitive in a Champion Hurdle but two and a half is really his game.
    Video Form

F - Coral Hurdle (Registered As The Ascot Hurdle) (Grade 2) (2m 3f 110y), Ascot, 19 Nov 2011
    WON - William Hill Welsh Champion Hurdle (2m), Ffos Las, 5 Feb 2011

River Maigue
    Track River Maigue View form

5-y-o; bay gelding
    Breeding: Zagreb (USA) - Minor Tantrum (IRE)
    Trained by N J Henderson
    Form: 131

Left a very favourable impression on me when we won a bumper at Ayr in April. A very good Irish point to point winner and I reckon he’ll be a smart novice hurdler and although he has pace, he will stay.
    Video Form

3rd - Atlantic Enterprises Standard Open NH Flat Race (2m), Ascot, 18 Feb 2012

Simonsig
    Track Simonsig View form

6-y-o; grey gelding
    Breeding: Fair Mix (IRE) - Dusty Too (UK)
    Trained by N J Henderson
    Form: 1-112111

Top-class novice last season who kept on impressing me. Has the potential to go all the way and if the decision is made to go novice chasing then he’s one to go on any list. If he stays hurdling he’ll make a big mark, too. Although he’s won his best races over two and a half miles over hurdles, he has the pace to go to the top over two. Exciting.
    Video Form

WON - Redstone 'National Hunt' Novices' Hurdle (2m 3f 110y), Ascot, 18 Nov 2011
    WON - Irish Racing Post Champion Point-to-point Flat Race (2m 2f), Fairyhouse, 25 Apr 2011

Sprinter Sacre
    Track Sprinter Sacre View form

6-y-o; bay gelding
    Breeding: Network (GER) - Fatima Iii (FR)
    Trained by N J Henderson
    Form: 13-11111

We keep running out of words to describe him. He’s got so much pace, accuracy, courage, and is all round talent. He’s like a Gold Cup winner running over two miles, finds it so easy and feels as though he’s only in third gear in a two-mile chase which means he’s jumping fences at his leisure. Most natural jumper I’ve ever ridden.
    Video Form

WON - Atteys Solicitors Novices' Chase (2m 110y), Doncaster, 9 Dec 2011
    WON - Trisoft 'National Hunt' Novices' Hurdle (2m), Ascot, 19 Feb 2011
    WON - williamhill.com Novices' Hurdle (2m), Ffos Las, 5 Feb 2011

Tistory
    Track Tistory View form

5-y-o; chestnut gelding
    Breeding: Epalo (GER) - History (FR)
    Trained by N J Henderson
    Form: 5111

Smart in France winning two bumpers and didn’t come out until I won a Ludlow bumper on him in March. He might not have beaten much but it was the manner he did it in. He’s big and will be a chaser in time but he’ll be an exciting novice hurdler this season.

Looks like 12 to me there terry 2 for feb ?

Comment

No mention of Riverside Theatre ? Suppose he couldnt put all of last years winners in and one Id least fancy to follow on.

Comment

Nicky Henderson Stable Tour 2012-13

This looks like an update on the one in news section

BINOCULAR
        Track Binocular View form
        8-y-o; bay gelding
        Breeding: Enrique (UK) - Bleu Ciel Et Blanc (FR)
        Trained by N J Henderson
        Form: 14-32114
        2010 Champion Hurdle winner, missed the following year’s race and ran well last season, finishing fourth to Rock On Ruby off 170. Had beaten that horse at Kempton on Boxing Day. “The Christmas Hurdle is the first thing on his agenda again. He was sore after the Champion Hurdle and that’s where he’ll be aiming for again and I think he’s got the ability to win another although he’d have the ability to jump a fence if asked.”

BOBS WORTH
        Track Bobs Worth View form
        7-y-o; bay gelding
        Breeding: Bob Back (USA) - Fashionista (IRE)
        Trained by N J Henderson
        Form: 111-1321
        Top-class staying novice chaser last season which followed on from being leading staying novice over hurdle in the previous campaign. Won the RSA Chase at Cheltenham, having benefitted from a wind operation. “The Hennessy has to be the plan; we won it with a second-season novice in Trabolgan and were second with another, Burton Port. Statistically it is the correct race. Last season we had a tricky time with him in January and February because of his wind. He made a miraculous recovery. He might be best left-handed and is unbeaten in four trips to Cheltenham.”

BROADBACKBOB
        Track Broadbackbob View form
        7-y-o; bay gelding
        Breeding: Broadway Flyer (USA) - Back Home (IRE)
        Trained by N J Henderson
        Form: 4216-112
        Smart novice hurdler last season, rated 142 on final run of last season when three lengths second to Batonnier in the two mile five novice at Cheltenham in January. “I love him. I’d be disappointed if he wasn’t in the first squad come the spring. He was off the track after chipping a hock at the Cheltenham trials meeting. Trip is still under discussion but he’d be effective from two to two and a half and might go three. Schooled very well.”

BURTON PORT
        Track Burton Port View form
        8-y-o; bay gelding
        Breeding: Bob Back (USA) - Despute (IRE)
        Trained by N J Henderson
        Form: 121/2-242
        His first run back since finishing second in the 2010 Hennessy Gold Cup was when a close second to stablemate Long Run at Newbury in February. Fourth in Cheltenham Gold Cup after that and clearly retains ability. “Even if Long Run goes for the Betfair Chase he will too. Did well last season having missed a year and a half but although he’s not the biggest, time is on his side and we will look at the Grand National in the long term.”

CAPTAIN CONAN
        Track Captain Conan View form
        5-y-o; bay gelding
        Breeding: Kingsalsa (USA) - Lavandou (UK)
        Trained by N J Henderson
        Form: 3411622
        Smart two-mile novice hurdler who ended season finishing second to stablemate Darlan in the Top Novices’ Hurdle at Aintree in April rated 142. “He’s a horse that gets me quite buzzy. I’m not quite sure where his best trip is but if Simonsig goes over fences at two then this fellow could be ok over two and a half. Delighted with his schooling.”

CASH AND GO
        Track Cash And Go View form
        5-y-o; bay gelding
        Breeding: Sulamani (IRE) - Calcida (GER)
        Trained by E J O'Grady
        Form: 14-31115
        Three-time winner over two miles for Edward O’Grady last season finishing the hat-trick with a Grade 1 win at Leopardstown. Well-held on final start in February. Yet to race for present yard. “He’s come from Ireland but will stay hurdling with a mark of 141 which gets him into the Greatwood at Cheltenham quite well.”

DARLAN
        Track Darlan View form
        5-y-o; brown gelding
        Breeding: Milan (UK) - Darbela (IRE)
        Trained by N J Henderson
        Form: 1-111F21
        Top-class novice hurdler over two miles last season, second in the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle at Cheltenham and won final start at Aintree beating Captain Conan readily. “The immediate plan is to stay over hurdles. AP schooled him recently and he was very slick and it’s a matter of which race he starts with but I’m certainly considering the Greatwood at Cheltenham. There are also races like the Fighting Fifth and the Bula to consider and it also depends where Binocular goes.”

FINIAN'S RAINBOW
        Track Finian's Rainbow View form
        9-y-o; bay gelding
        Breeding: Tiraaz (USA) - Trinity Gale (IRE)
        Trained by N J Henderson
        Form: 121-1211
        Top-class, two-mile chaser and just as good over two and a half, winning the Queen Mother Champion Chase at Cheltenham and the Melling Chase over a longer trip at Aintree. “His first stop will be Ascot then straight on to the King George – it looks a good option given how well he performed over two and a half at Aintree. A year ago his work wasn’t great but he’s very sharp at the moment – his recent work on the grass has been impressive.”

FORGOTTEN VOICE
        Track Forgotten Voice View form
        7-y-o; bay gelding
        Breeding: Danehill Dancer (IRE) - Asnieres (USA)
        Trained by N J Henderson
        Form: 11
        Rated 111 on the Flat and looked useful in winning two novice hurdles last season. “Couldn’t have won his novices any better and did win the Royal Hunt Cup so we know he’s got pace. He stays a novice this season and I’d be disappointed if he wasn’t an Aintree horse in April.”

GRANDOUET
        Track Grandouet View form
        5-y-o; bay gelding
        Breeding: Al Namix (FR) - Virginia River (FR)
        Trained by N J Henderson
        Form: 13B-1F11
        Top-class, two-mile hurdler, successful in November and December last season and rated 166 going into the Champion Hurdle but ruled out through injury. “Going very well at the moment, touch wood. Top-class and perfectly entitled to be where he was in the betting before the Champion Hurdle. He’s a stronger horse this season and a very talented one, too. It’s possible he could go for the Christmas Hurdle at Kempton, too.”

HADRIAN'S APPROACH
        Track Hadrian's Approach View form
        5-y-o; bay gelding
        Breeding: High Chaparral (IRE) - Gifted Approach (IRE)
        Trained by N J Henderson
        Form: 1-1F
        Won then fell in two novice hurdle runs over around two and a half miles at Ascot last season, staying on well enough when tipping up two out in the second of them. “I think he could be quite smart and he’ll go straight over fences, schooled very well and he’ll get three alright.”

HAMMERSLY LAKE
        Track Hammersly Lake View form
        4-y-o; bay gelding
        Breeding: Kapgarde (FR) - Loin De Moi (FR)
        Trained by T Trapenard
        Form: 317333
        Useful over hurdles around two and a quarter miles in France 2011, yet to race for present yard. “Everything went wrong for him last season and I hardly got to canter him. Has a lot of very good form in France. He has a mark of 142 over hurdles so I have taken the precaution of schooling him over fences.”

KELLS BELLE
        Track Kells Belle View form
        6-y-o; bay mare
        Breeding: Alflora (IRE) - Clandestine (UK)
        Trained by N J Henderson
        Form: 0-324181
        Smart staying hurdling mare, six lengths behind Quevega at Cheltenham and finished last season winning a two mile six furlong listed handicap hurdle at Cheltenham in April off 134. Now 148. “Probably one of the highest-rated hurdling mares in the country and she has the size and scope for fences, which seems the right route with Quevega still about.”

LONG RUN
        Track Long Run View form
        7-y-o; bay gelding
        Breeding: Cadoudal (FR) - Libertina (FR)
        Trained by N J Henderson
        Form: 311-2213
        2011 Cheltenham Gold Cup winner and close third in 2012. Good runs in-between and raced off 182 all season. Now 178. “He looks fantastic – I’ve never seen him better than this. The plan is to do a lot more jumping work with him because I feel he needs to be sharper on his toes a bit. I’d like to find a relatively straightforward contest to start which might be the Betfair Chase then on to the King George and after that the Gold Cup.”

Comment

MA FILLEULE
          Track Ma Filleule View form
          4-y-o; grey filly
          Breeding: Turgeon (USA) - Kadaina (FR)
          Trained by N J Henderson
          Form: 3431-11
          Useful former French-trained filly winner of three novice chases last season. Yet to race for present yard. “She’ll jump anything you put in front of her. Only four, plenty of scope and a novice over hurdles which is where she’ll be this season.”

MINELLA FORFITNESS
          Track Minella Forfitness View form
          5-y-o; bay gelding
          Breeding: Westerner (UK) - Ring Of Water (USA)
          Trained by N J Henderson
          Form: 1-17
          Kempton bumper winner before going onto finish seventh to The New One in Aintree bumper in April. “Was very buzzy at Aintree and won his bumper on a sharpish track. Will stay, schooled well and looks quite smart.”

MOLOTOF
          Track Molotof View form
          5-y-o; grey gelding
          Breeding: Smadoun (FR) - Memorial (FR)
          Trained by N J Henderson
          Form: 20-11105
          Three times a winner over two miles in novice hurdles, moved up to two and a half but no match for stablemate Simonsig at Aintree when well-beaten fifth in April. “I’d like to think he’ll be a top-class two mile novice chaser, the problem is finding one for him to run in because he’s rated 140. This crazy new chasing system is making things extremely hard for a horse like him. Schooled and ready if there’s a race.”

MY TENT OR YOURS
          Track My Tent Or Yours View form
          5-y-o; bay gelding
          Breeding: Desert Prince (IRE) - Spartan Girl (IRE)
          Trained by N J Henderson
          Form: 122
          Smart bumper winner whose best efforts came when second in a good Newbury bumper then finishing second to The New One in Aintree bumper in April. “Of the new season's novice hurdlers this might be the one. At the moment, he’s the front-runner of the two-mile novices. Could not be happier with him.”

NELSON'S BRIDGE
          Track Nelson's Bridge View form
          5-y-o; bay gelding
          Breeding: Oscar (IRE) - High Park Lady (IRE)
          Trained by N J Henderson
          Form: 1104
          Won a bumper and novice hurdle before being overwhelmed at the Cheltenham Festival and then at Punchestown. “AP has always liked him and I’ve got a high opinion of him. He wasn’t ready when he ran in the Neptune at Cheltenham. Will stay over hurdles and go further and we’ll see how good he is.”

OSCAR NOMINEE
          Track Oscar Nominee View form
          5-y-o; bay gelding
          Breeding: Old Vic (UK) - Native Bid (IRE)
          Trained by N J Henderson
          Form: 9-81313
          Two-mile novice hurdle winner that looked better when moving up in trip to two miles five and finishing half length third to Attaglance in conditional jockeys' handicap at Cheltenham in March. Now 4lb higher at 139. “Just a couple of weeks behind the others but coming along well and will go novice chasing. I think he’ll be very good because he’s much bigger and stronger now.”

OSCAR WHISKY
          Track Oscar Whisky View form
          7-y-o; bay gelding
          Breeding: Oscar (IRE) - Ash Baloo (IRE)
          Trained by N J Henderson
          Form: 1-F11151
          Top-class hurdler, effective at two miles, didn’t stay three in World Hurdle but much better suited by two and a half miles and ended season winning at Aintree off 167 over that trip. “Stays over hurdles so it’s very simple, the same as last year, Ascot when he fell two then Cheltenham, Ffos Las for the Welsh Champion Hurdle. It won’t be three miles at Cheltenham and might give the Festival a miss and go for the National Spirit then Aintree for the third time.”

OSCARA DARA
          Track Oscara Dara View form
          7-y-o; bay gelding
          Breeding: Oscar (IRE) - Lisa's Storm (IRE)
          Trained by N J Henderson
          Form: 12-141
          Wide-margin Sandown novice hurdle winner over two miles and finished well-held fourth to stablemate Darlan at Aintree before winning Punchestown novice from stablemate Malt Master in April. “He did have three rather quick races at the back end but was very impressive when he won at Sandown and after getting beaten at Aintree did well at Punchestown. He’s pretty good.”

RIVERSIDE THEATRE
          Track Riverside Theatre View form
          8-y-o; bay gelding
          Breeding: King's Theatre (IRE) - Disallowed (IRE)
          Trained by N J Henderson
          Form: F/121-11P
          Top-class chaser who is extremely well suited to an extended two miles five around Ascot, won the Grade 1 Ascot Chase for a second successive season before winning the Ryanair Chase at Cheltenham. Never travelling off career-high 170 when pulling up at Aintree on final start. Has finished creditable second in 2011 King George over three miles at Kempton. “He’ll go straight to the King George without a run because he’s so much better fresh so what’s the point in running before? It’s possible he could then go straight to the Ryanair.”

RIVER MAIGUE
          Track River Maigue View form
          5-y-o; bay gelding
          Breeding: Zagreb (USA) - Minor Tantrum (IRE)
          Trained by N J Henderson
          Form: 131
          Won second bumper start at Ayr in April beating Master Malt readily. “Won his bumper on sharpish track and will be better on a galloping one, schooled well over hurdles. Should stay and I think he’s good.”

ROBERTO GOLDBACK
          Track Roberto Goldback View form
          10-y-o; bay gelding
          Breeding: Bob Back (USA) - Mandysway (IRE)
          Trained by D T Hughes
          Form: 9432887
          Useful three-mile chaser in Ireland for Dessie Hughes rated mid 150s. Yet to race for present yard. “A horse I’m liking a lot the more I see of him. He’ll start at the first Ascot meeting in November and he won’t be as busy as he was last season with an eye to the Grand National.”

SIMONSIG
          Track Simonsig View form
          6-y-o; grey gelding
          Breeding: Fair Mix (IRE) - Dusty Too (UK)
          Trained by N J Henderson
          Form: 1-112111
          Top-class novice hurdler around two and a half miles last season winning championship events over that trip at Cheltenham and Aintree. “Has schooled over fences with Barry and was extremely good and the jury is still out about where he starts the season. Barry did think he was a Champion Hurdle horse with plenty of pace for two miles. But he was awfully good schooling over fences.”

SNAKE EYES
          Track Snake Eyes View form
          4-y-o; bay gelding
          Breeding: Oscar (IRE) - Be My Belle (IRE)
          Trained by N J Henderson
          Form: 3
          Eyecatching third in Fairyhouse bumper in April on only start under Rules, yet to race for present yard. “I think he might be seriously good over hurdles and he was thrown in the deep end for his bumper and coped with it extremely well because he was in front and clear soon enough. Pleased the way he’s schooled.”

SPARTAN ANGEL
          Track Spartan Angel View form
          4-y-o; bay filly
          Breeding: Beneficial (UK) - Greek Melody (IRE)
          Trained by N J Henderson
          Form: 1
          Easy winner of Southwell bumper in June on only start. “She’s got a lot of potential and I can see her going a long way in mares’ novice hurdles.”

SPRINTER SACRE
          Track Sprinter Sacre View form
          6-y-o; bay gelding
          Breeding: Network (GER) - Fatima Iii (FR)
          Trained by N J Henderson
          Form: 13-11111
          Top-class novice hurdler and even better over fences winning all five starts with ease over two miles, finishing with championship events at Cheltenham and Aintree. “He’s done extremely well over the summer, looking big and well. The plan is to go to the Paddy Power meeting at Cheltenham then the Tingle Creek followed by the Victor Chandler then Cheltenham and the Game Spirit at Newbury possibly before that. He and Simonsig are frightening because they two as good young horses as I’ve ever had – and they are that good at home, too. Even See You Then and Binocular have never shown me what that pair do working. I’ve got nothing else that can go with them so sometimes they have to do little bits of work together but you’ve got to be very, very careful because they are so competitive – but they do have to put effort into their work and they’re the only ones that can do it. If not you’d be sacrificing two other horses to do the job of trying to lead them.”

TOUR D'ARGENT
          Track Tour D'argent View form
          5-y-o; bay gelding
          Breeding: Martaline (UK) - Keep Well (FR)
          Trained by N J Henderson
          Form: 0/21120-F
          Dual novice hurdle winner at two miles that improved for stepping up to two and a half in handicap company. Travelling well when falling at Huntingdon in a two-mile novice chase on debut on October 16. “He was probably doing too much when he fell at Huntingdon last time but has schooled very well subsequently. I think he’d probably have won and he’ll be out very soon to put that right.”

TRIOLO D'ALENE
          Track Triolo D'alene View form
          5-y-o; chestnut gelding
          Breeding: Epalo (GER) - Joliette D'alene (FR)
          Trained by N J Henderson
          Form: 541110-2
          Ascot novice handicap chase winner before disappointing off 9lb higher mark at Cheltenham then finishing second off same rating of 136 at Market Rasen in May. “I’ve always liked him and he’ll be a much better horse this season for a wind operation that was stopping him.”

UNE ARTISTE
          Track Une Artiste View form
          4-y-o; bay filly
          Breeding: Alberto Giacometti (IRE) - Castagnette Iii (FR)
          Trained by N J Henderson
          Form: 111411R
          Progressive filly, won Fred Winter Juvenile Novices’ Handicap Hurdle at Cheltenham off 127 then won over same course off 138 before refusing to race at Punchestown. “Very pleased the way she’s going and will appear in the mares’ listed hurdle at Haydock. I’d be disappointed if she didn’t end up having a look at Quevega in March.”

Comment

Any news on Punjabi ?

Comment

Lambourn

Nicky Henderson will crank-up his battle plan a notch at the weekend and several of his probable runners worked at Seven Barrows midweek.

MY TENT OR YOURS looks one to follow in novice hurdles, having schooled well since ending his bumper campaign in the spring.

UNE ARTISTE loves soft ground and is in good order ahead of a possible run in the Listed mares' race at Wetherby.

Comment

Une Artiste my Henderson bet for today.

Comment

Une artiste

Originally posted by Sprinter View Post
                  Une Artiste my Henderson bet for today.
                  Well done sprinter...my tent or yours looks like a real good one from yesterday.

Not sure what Hendo has done with Robero Goldback...Poquelin staying in probably made the race for him but he did it well.

Comment

Anything about this electrolyser anywhere ?

Comment

SEVEN BARROWS SCHOOL REPORT 5.11.12

I’ve been over to school at Seven Barrows a couple of times already this season and I’ve been more than happy the way things have gone. I was there for a session on Saturday morning before heading off to Ascot - the right start to a day that just got better.

It won’t surprise you to know that SIMONSIG is moving along very nicely in his schools but nobody is in any great rush - there’s a long season ahead.

I got a look at SPRINTER SCARE and liked what I saw him doing under Nico De Bonville.

I schooled FINIAN’S RAINBOW Tracker up once and he was good, in much better form than he was at this time last season. I’ll probably have one more sit on him before he goes to Ascot.

On a previous visit I’d been very pleased with BROADBACK BOB over fences and I was pleased with the progress CAPTAIN CONAN had made from one school to the next. He’ll give a good account of himself if he goes to the next Cheltenham meeting.

It didn’t surprise me the way VASCO DU RONCERAY won at Hereford on Thursday because she’d been very good.

Comment

Gallops Reporter

Nicky Henderson should do well with his bumper and novice chase runners during the remainder of the week, with several of that number working well at Seven Barrows.

YOUR TEPEE OR MINE landed an ordinary bumper at Ffos Las in the summer but has done well and could go to Sandown on Saturday.

KARAZHAN has also worked nicely since landing a Bangor bumper at the end of last month and this Dr Fong gelding is earmarked for an identical race at Wincanton.

RIVER MAIGUE has schooled adequately and will soon have his attention turned to novice hurdling.

The gelded son of Irish Derby winner Zagreb won a point-to-point in Ireland as well as an Ayr bumper on his second start for Henderson last season.

In the popular colours of Michael Buckley, River Maigue looks a progressive type and one to follow.

CELTUS hasn't been the easiest to train, suffering with wind trouble since coming over from the south of France.

However, he has the size and scope to be a better chaser and has schooled promisingly.

THANKS FOR COMING lost out narrowly to Creekside on his debut over fences but that was a solid first run in a chase and he'll be fancied to go one better at Sandown.

SPARTAN ANGEL is inexperienced but after some efficient schooling can go well in a novice hurdle, while ONE LUCKY LADY and FOXBRIDGE are worth noting for handicap hurdles soon.

Comment

Nicky Henderson Stable Tour Video

Comment

Owner Dai Walters has confirmed Oscar Whisky will remain over hurdles this season instead of embarking on a career over fences.

Third in the 2011 Champion Hurdle, Nicky Henderson's seven-year-old was stepped up to longer distances last term and won four times from six starts, showing two and a half miles is probably his ideal distance when signing off with a second victory in the Aintree Hurdle.

Walters said: "He's going to stay hurdling this season and he'll start off in the race at Ascot on the 24th (Coral Hurdle). He fell at the last in that race last year. This will be his last year hurdling. The plan would be to go over fences with him next season if all goes well."

He added: "He'll go to Ascot and then probably to Cheltenham for the two-and-a-half-mile race he won last year (Relkeel Hurdle).

"We'll play it by ear but he could go to Fontwell in February (National Spirit Hurdle) and we might just miss Cheltenham and try to win the Aintree Hurdle for the third year in a row, that would be very nice."

Comment

Tistory : http://www.fatjockey.com/forum/showt...orse-to-follow

Comment

Working...
                              X