Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coral cup 2018

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Bacardys and FO are both 151 at the moment. Probably a little high. However, I can think of a couple on 142.
    What colours do they run in?

Robbante has just mentioned Bapaume 25/1 for this race with PP. Too short for me to back at this stage with the target a stab in the dark, but certainly a horse I'd want to look at in a bit of detail based on his good run behind AJ / Supasundae this season. Too good for the Pertemps despite the trip being more suitable?

Sorry, completely missed jono's post in the stayers thread about it!

On Bapaume - after that run I had him down as a decent chance in a handicap rather than this race. Quite liked him for the Coral Cup but not yet in the early betting market. Rated 146 after that run which fits in well. It would be a drop back to 2m5 but the race almost always produces horses that go onto contest 3m+ races later down the line.

Fancy robin des foret for this personally off 141. Will have to wait for nrnb though.

What's made you fancy that scoob?

Quote Originally Posted by cwright23 View Post
    What's made you fancy that scoob?
    I was going through cracking smarts form today and I just assumed he would have a mark higher than 141. Unless he drops a pound he can't get in the martin pipe. So his only options would be stayers, or this race. He's still unexposed for 141 imo. Whether it's a handicap here or at punchestown I think hes very capable of improving on that mark.

No martin pipe thread but I think diese des bieffes has a cracking mark of 135 and would also improve for the trip the way he stayed on last time against what I believe to be an extremely good horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    No martin pipe thread but I think diese des bieffes has a cracking mark of 135 and would also improve for the trip the way he stayed on last time against what I believe to be an extremely good horse.
    Will he run in the Lanzarote on Saturday though. Really fancy him from that race.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Diese Des bieffes down to run in the lanzarote Hurdle Saturday so be interested to see how he’s ridden if running. I’m interested in his stablemate William Henry for that race, may well not be seen at Cheltenham so expect him to be all out Saturday, brings the best form into the race for me

Poli Roi to the well again tomorrow. Am expecting a Davy special, take him wide, all in the name of getting a decent mark for the Martin Pipe I suspect

Poli Roi pulled up in that race, not sure if any issues. There isn't a thread for the Close Brothers Novice Chase, but having noted that Movewiththetimes is being plotted up for that one, you would also have to say the same and have some cover on Ballyandy. Mark dropped to 145 i'd be fairly certain this is now the aim