Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Coral Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've added him in the interests of starting a book for this race, 25s a decent enough price. We can be pretty sure this is the target judging by Pauling's comments and the fact I can't see an alternative race for him. He's inconsistent but clearly has the ability to turn it on, that beating of Benatar reads well

Comment

In all of the handicap hurdles I'd be inclined to wait and see which of last year's novice hurdlers don't quite make it as novice chasers and take a close look at their hurdle OR.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
        In all of the handicap hurdles I'd be inclined to wait and see which of last year's novice hurdlers don't quite make it as novice chasers and take a close look at their hurdle OR.
        Bacardys and Finians Oscar it is then Archie
        Last edited by SeanRock; 5 January 2018, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Bacardys and Finians would be straight into the stayers hurdle surely? But i get the logic. Am sure one or two will switch back before now and March and be aimed at handicaps

Comment

Bacardys and FO are both 151 at the moment. Probably a little high. However, I can think of a couple on 142.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
              Bacardys and FO are both 151 at the moment. Probably a little high. However, I can think of a couple on 142.
              What colours do they run in?

Comment

Robbante has just mentioned Bapaume 25/1 for this race with PP. Too short for me to back at this stage with the target a stab in the dark, but certainly a horse I'd want to look at in a bit of detail based on his good run behind AJ / Supasundae this season. Too good for the Pertemps despite the trip being more suitable?

Sorry, completely missed jono's post in the stayers thread about it!

On Bapaume - after that run I had him down as a decent chance in a handicap rather than this race. Quite liked him for the Coral Cup but not yet in the early betting market. Rated 146 after that run which fits in well. It would be a drop back to 2m5 but the race almost always produces horses that go onto contest 3m+ races later down the line.

Comment

Fancy robin des foret for this personally off 141. Will have to wait for nrnb though.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

What's made you fancy that scoob?

Comment

Originally posted by cwright23 View Post
                      What's made you fancy that scoob?
                      I was going through cracking smarts form today and I just assumed he would have a mark higher than 141. Unless he drops a pound he can't get in the martin pipe. So his only options would be stayers, or this race. He's still unexposed for 141 imo. Whether it's a handicap here or at punchestown I think hes very capable of improving on that mark.

Comment

No martin pipe thread but I think diese des bieffes has a cracking mark of 135 and would also improve for the trip the way he stayed on last time against what I believe to be an extremely good horse.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                          No martin pipe thread but I think diese des bieffes has a cracking mark of 135 and would also improve for the trip the way he stayed on last time against what I believe to be an extremely good horse.
                          Will he run in the Lanzarote on Saturday though. Really fancy him from that race.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            Diese Des bieffes down to run in the lanzarote Hurdle Saturday so be interested to see how he’s ridden if running. I’m interested in his stablemate William Henry for that race, may well not be seen at Cheltenham so expect him to be all out Saturday, brings the best form into the race for me

Comment

Poli Roi to the well again tomorrow. Am expecting a Davy special, take him wide, all in the name of getting a decent mark for the Martin Pipe I suspect

Comment

Poli Roi pulled up in that race, not sure if any issues. There isn't a thread for the Close Brothers Novice Chase, but having noted that Movewiththetimes is being plotted up for that one, you would also have to say the same and have some cover on Ballyandy. Mark dropped to 145 i'd be fairly certain this is now the aim

Comment

Working...
                                X