Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Coral Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
    Just did my deep dive on this race, amazingly 3 of the last 4 winners changed trainer that season.

Son Of Flicka is the only winner not to win a race the season they won this in the last 16 years, who was a real trends buster being the only horse in the last 8 years to win more than 1 handicap and not win that season.

Only one novice winner ever back in 2000.

6 of last 7 won over 2m4f - APS 1st start at the distance.

You also need a horse who has run well on it's last handicap start, that being said APS won on 4th start having not run in a handicap or over 2m4f.

Horses who meet the criteria

William Henry
    Top Of The Game - PN has said will only go if soft
    Meri Devie
    Delta Work - Q for the pertemps and would imagine he goes there.
    Spiritofthegames - feel like he's a better horse on soft ground.
    Brilliare Momento - Several other entries
    Hunters Call - looks like he goes County
    Azerti
    Oscar Knight - entered in Irish National and I think it's very much the aim, might not get in.

Sandsend (& to a lesser extent Dolciano Dici) has a very similar profile to Aux Ptit Soins but 6lb higher, think he might go in the County.

4 of the last 5 winners were between 148 - 153 rating, taking that into account my money I think William Henry is probably the bet in this.

Henderson won this with a claiming jockey (NDB) for the same connections and hopefully James Bowen can follow in the same footsteps.

Sire Du Berlais & Burbank don't have a win but I could see them running big races.
    Good work Folski !,. I already have William henry and spirit of the games for this (might get soft ). and just read article in
    R.p -mention's Sire des berlais . although I already had it on my list after backing it a couple of weeks ago.
    in Ireland where it came 2nd. Lpdstn ?.

Comment

• Does anyone think this is the intended target for hunters call am fairly keen on him n think his price will shorten but still entered in 3 races

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickytrickster View Post
        Does anyone think this is the intended target for hunters call am fairly keen on him n think his price will shorten but still entered in 3 races
        I'd say County Hurdle is the intended race for HC

Comment

• Is Bleu Et Rouge coming here or the County Hurdle?

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
            Is Bleu Et Rouge coming here or the County Hurdle?
            You would think County as he's been campaigned over 2m

Comment

• BER comes here. Geraghty said he’d step up in trip after betfair.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                Good work Folski !,. I already have William henry and spirit of the games for this (might get soft ). and just read article in
                R.p -mention's Sire des berlais . although I already had it on my list after backing it a couple of weeks ago.
                in Ireland where it came 2nd. Lpdstn ?.
                Good work, I am all in favour of William Henry steaming up in this race,

Comment

• Jer's Girl going for this apparently, bit of a wounder as have her for the Mares. Would surely have chances here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                    Jer's Girl going for this apparently, bit of a wounder as have her for the Mares. Would surely have chances here?
                    Could run a big race here Rob.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                      Could run a big race here Rob.
                      Hopefully VVM’s retirement might see them have a rethink. Place money would almost be assured if in the Mares

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                        Hopefully VVM’s retirement might see them have a rethink. Place money would almost be assured if in the Mares
                        I listened to a podcast that tipped her for this race.

Isuppose the thinking is they can't beat AJ, and they could win a Coral Cup?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

They paid to leave her in the mares today when vvm was still in. There's a few of mullins to come out of the mares too.

La bague au roi may well run. Verdana blue won't.
                          But augusta Kate won't run. And lets dance may not either.
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 7 March 2018, 07:03 PM.
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Coral cup always ultra competitive though and need luck in running. Looked to be running a stormer last year and only just touched off by La Bague Au Roi over a trip that might have stretched her this season. Off point but La Bague Au Roi looks to have improved as much as Apples Jade this year and think she’ll probably go Mares. Collateral form puts her fairly close and although couldn’t back against Apples Jade for win purposes i wouldn’t be backing her for any distance bets

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              They paid to leave her in the mares today when vvm was still in. There's a few of mullins to come out of the mares too.

La bague au roi may well run. Verdana blue won't.
                              But augusta Kate won't run. And lets dance may not either.
                              Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                              Coral cup always ultra competitive though and need luck in running. Looked to be running a stormer last year and only just touched off by La Bague Au Roi over a trip that might have stretched her this season. Off point but La Bague Au Roi looks to have improved as much as Apples Jade this year and think she’ll probably go Mares. Collateral form puts her fairly close and although couldn’t back against Apples Jade for win purposes i wouldn’t be backing her for any distance bets
                              Don't disagree. I'm on Jer's Girl W/O AJ for the Mares and haven't backed and won't back her in the Coral Cup even if she does turn up.

Just saying that might be their thought process. Obviously I don't think JP paying to keep a horse in a race at this 6 day stage means too much

Comment

• Duc de genievres going here?

Comment

Working...
                                X