Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Coral Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coral Cup 2018

Last years winner Supersundae had a pretty successful bumper & novice hurdle campaign.
    Cilaos Emery fits a similar mould having finished 5th in the Supreme(lost a shoe) and went on to win at the Punchestown festival. I was very taken with his performance behind Apples Jade on Sunday. Nothing was going any better 2 out Imo. He found nothing after that. He's due to run over the Christmas period and it would be no surprise to me that he takes a similar path to Supersundae getting primed for the Coral Cup. I have no news that this is indeed his target. It just seems logical that he would take this route.
    Last edited by doctorwu; 7 December 2017, 08:26 AM.

Good to start the notepad early for any of these races.... no real opinions yet myself but I see PP and BFSB have added the market so we have:

Bags Groove - 20/1
    Ivanovich Gorbatov - 25/1
    Meri Devie - 25/1
    Old Guard - 25/1
    Air Horse One - 33/1
    Tigris River - 33/1

Comment

I've got one for this who is seriously well handicapped...... JENKINS

I actually think this race will be the aim for Ivanovich Gorbatov, who ran a cracking race to finish 6th in the County last season. I expect him to run plenty this season with the handicapper dropping him down the ratings as a result. He could be nicely handicapped by the Spring.

Comment

IG got backed as if he couldn't be beaten in the County didn't he.

Tempted to take 25s then FM? Speculative/hopeful to say the least as we won't know the target OR weight for ages BUT I do think this is more likely than another go at the County?

Comment

Maybe wait and see which decent novice hurdlers don't make the grade over fences?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            IG got backed as if he couldn't be beaten in the County didn't he.

Tempted to take 25s then FM? Speculative/hopeful to say the least as we won't know the target OR weight for ages BUT I do think this is more likely than another go at the County?
            Not tempted yet Kev. I backed him in both races last season when nrnb became available and will probably do the same again.

Comment

Interesting read - https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/...-report/137943 Liking that form of Le Breuil’s in the context of this race in beating Benatar 9 lengths last season off levels

Comment

Robbante,
                He wasn't in the betting until that article hit the pages. He's on my shortlist. Word of caution, Pauling tipped him up before and he ran a stinker..........

Comment

Not sure what the deal was with the Aintree run last year, but like the fact he might go straight there - seems to go well fresh and on a handy mark

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                    Robbante,
                    He wasn't in the betting until that article hit the pages. He's on my shortlist. Word of caution, Pauling tipped him up before and he ran a stinker..........
                    I think the ability is there with Le Breuil though he has disappointed on a couple of occasions now (excuses for needing his first run f the season). Ben Pauling has always had nothing but praise for the horse having picked him out for the last 3 seasons and described him as "as good as we've got". I do think there is a big handicap race in him, whether that's this race or not

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                      Not sure what the deal was with the Aintree run last year, but like the fact he might go straight there - seems to go well fresh and on a handy mark
                      A few quotes on that Aintree run...

by the time Aintree came around, he wasn't 100 per cent and he pulled up, he wasn't right at all

He got worked up before the race, he’s quite a highly-strung individual, but he almost lost his head and galloped through the first hurdle, where as usually you can’t make this horse make a mistake. They’re not machines and little things like not being quite right can make a horse anxious and fractious before a race. He remains a horse I think an awful lot of and if he is as good as I think he is he’s very well handicapped off 139

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                        He's been poor since though. Think it's a case of a morning glory who he wants to be better tbh. Rather than being well ahead of his mark of 139.
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I think the ability is there with Le Breuil though he has disappointed on a couple of occasions now (excuses for needing his first run f the season). Ben Pauling has always had nothing but praise for the horse having picked him out for the last 3 seasons and described him as "as good as we've got". I do think there is a big handicap race in him, whether that's this race or not
                          Agreed Jono, i reckon there's a big win in him to come this season, i was surprised by his race placement last time out having to giving a lot of weight away on bottomless ground in a small field, also the race tactics they've employed so far this term have screamed saving his handicap mark for a big day, the horse has loads of gears there's no need to be making all from the flag drop. If Pauling can get him to the track in the kind of form he's obviously shown on the gallops i'm happy to take a punt on the 25's available for the coral cup, i think he's got too much class not to win a big prize soon.

Comment

I recall Pauling saying he scoped very dirty after Aintree also, all his stable were in rotten form at that time last season. From about 8mins in this video.

Last edited by SeanRock; 4 January 2018, 10:05 PM.

Comment

SeanRock,
                              Im going to wait and see who he runs in the Coral first. Pauling has a few horses that could line up in this one. NRNB a must imo

Comment

Working...
                              X