Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple's Jade:

The trainer's other major hope for the showpiece fixture is Apple's Jade, who will be a warm order to successfully defend her crown in the OLBG Mares' Hurdle on the opening day and Elliott issue an upbeat bulletin on her condition.

"Samcro has to improve, whereas Apple's Jade has been there and done it. Hopefully she can do it again," he said.

"She's in great form. Lisa O'Neill rides her out every day and she's like a bull at the moment - she's mad for a run."

While some have suggested Apple's Jade could hold her own against the boys, Elliott is happy to keep her to her own sex at Cheltenham, but admitted to having one regret when discussing her season so far.

He said: "I think it's the Mares' Hurdle is right race to go for. Some people are saying we should go for the Champion Hurdle or the Stayers', but I was always taught to run in the race you believe you can win and I think it's her best chance of winning a race at the Festival.

"If I made one mistake all year with her I'd say it was not having her in the Irish Champion Hurdle.

"Hindsight is a great thing and at the time Faugheen was still Faugheen, but looking back I should have had her in the Irish Champion Hurdle."

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
      Apple's Jade:
      Worth a NRNB for the champion hurdle then if something happens to Buveur dair before the race they'd surely revert here.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
        Worth a NRNB for the champion hurdle then if something happens to Buveur dair before the race they'd surely revert here.
        Just had a look at her prices for the CH and bet365 have her at a mad 25/1 NRNB. If anyone doesn't mind tying up money then yes i'd agree at the price!!

Comment

Just had a look at her prices for the CH and bet365 have her at a mad 25/1 NRNB. If anyone doesn't mind tying up money then yes i'd agree at the price!!
          Thought anout it last week and backed at 14's then big gob ryanair bloke came out with his comments
          they put it out to 25s. But what he has said today is a pretty big clue that they would seriously look at ch hurdle if Buveur dair is out.
          I've just backed it again, It;d be the best injury news ever and would go off favourite IMO

Comment

25/1 about an injury to BVD with money back if he doesn't get injured.

The kind of bet that's no risk at all.

The "angle" for NRNB is when the horse is NOT priced up as if it will be running

365 are OBVIOUSLY incredibly confident Apple's Jade will NOT be running here... because there is NO WAY ON EARTH she'd be 25/1 (when Ch'tibello is the same price)

It won't be for everyone but I've had 3 pts e/w on because I will get my 6 pts back as a worse case scenario and BVD getting injured would be gutting .... I don't mind tying up 6 points to have this in place if the worst does happen.

0% she runs if BVD does. However they're obviously confident she'd have given Faugheen and (obviously) SUpasundae something to worry about in the Irish Champion Hurdle.
            Last edited by Kevloaf; 25 February 2018, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Gordy sounds fairly worried about not getting a run into her, they might get lucky it looks a weak renewal this year compared to last season

Comment

• Let’s Dance (Mares' Hurdle, Coral Cup or Stayers' Hurdle)
                She hasn’t fired at all this year. I think she has shown me she is getting there - we’ll see what way the stayers’ and mares’ races are working out. I don’t know what race she will run in really.

Yuck. I took 10s for Let's Dance and I wouldn't back her at that price now.

VVM and Benie Des Dieux certainly ahead of her in the pecking order if this stable tour is to be believed...

Comment

• Benie des dieux 5-1 w/o apples on william hill

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                    Benie des dieux 5-1 w/o apples on william hill
                    I've been debating him with scooby probably boring people for weeks about that, but I can't see BDD out of the 4 places.

I do think VVM is a better horse though!

Comment

• Sneaky feeling Ruby will ride Benie

Comment

• VVM not declared

Comment

• Regardless of whether she goes here. Jers girl ew at 10/1 1/4 with 365 w/o Apple's jade is a steal imo. Still a few to come out the race
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Although I dismissed her for the Stayers decided to back La Bague Au Roi each-way at double figures for this. She might be better over further but the expected soft ground should make this a sufficient test. I don't see anything other the favourite to beat and she wasn't that impressive last year. Beating Indian Stream 5 lengths is not brilliant. Benie Des Dieux based on performance looks like an overrated bridle merchant. Not surprised that people are falling over themselves to back her but I don't think any of her wins add up to much at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              Regardless of whether she goes here. Jers girl ew at 10/1 1/4 with 365 w/o Apple's jade is a steal imo. Still a few to come out the race
                              Agree with that, got to make the frame

Comment

• VVM Retired!!

What a bloody great mare - a little gutted not to see her out again!

Comment

Working...
                                X