Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
    Absolutely delighted

14s any race on a 9/2 winner. Had me screaming her Home up the straight. Get in

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby91 View Post
    I thought la bague au roi ran a very good race hit the last and lost all momentum shed have had to have been placed imo.

From memory I believe someone put up midnight tour at a huge price what a shout.

And well done to the guys who backed the winner. She wasn't on my mind at all. Ruby gave her a lovely patient ride.
    Watched again and 'shocker' was a bit harsh but she was weakening when making a clumsy, tired jump at the last. At best she would have been fourth. If someone had said the favourite would only finish third I would have expected La Bague Au Roi to have been in the first two. On ratings I think she went in second best so however you want to dress it up it was disappointing. Personally, I wouldn't back her again at Cheltenham.

Quote Originally Posted by kinloch brae View Post
    Watched again and 'shocker' was a bit harsh but she was weakening when making a clumsy, tired jump at the last. At best she would have been fourth. If someone had said the favourite would only finish third I would have expected La Bague Au Roi to have been in the first two. On ratings I think she went in second best so however you want to dress it up it was disappointing. Personally, I wouldn't back her again at Cheltenham.
    Yeh it's a fair point, 4th would have done me as ew without aj. But she did the hard work and went for glory. Was a cracking ride on the winner by ruby he's judged the pace very well all day.

I think in hindsight Apples Jade's lack of a recent prep run cost her today. Gordon has said in the past she always comes on for a good blow a few weeks before a big target. I'm surprised they didn't take in the Quevega Hurdle en route like they did last year...

Quote Originally Posted by SeanRock View Post
    I think in hindsight Apples Jade's lack of a recent prep run cost her today. Gordon has said in the past she always comes on for a good blow a few weeks before a big target. I'm surprised they didn't take in the Quevega Hurdle en route like they did last year...
    The winner may be very good - time will tell. The difference in Apples Jade between triumph and Aintree was massive so it will be interesting to see what happens if we get a rematch,

Watching it back, you have to give Ruby a lot of credit for not getting into a fight with Apples Jade, and going up the middle when Apples moved across to the rail. She loves a fight and nobody gave her one until it was too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
    I was reading through this page thinking ‘blimey Scooby really fancies this French mare. 12/1 NRNB on his say so is worth a bet’.

So I was about to back a horse I’d mever heard of. Then scrolled down and saw she wasn’t entered. Would’ve been worth a go.

I’d genuinely never heard of her but I wonder why they’ve never bothered running her over here. I would’ve thought the French still regarded the festival as a massive thing even over there.

DE BON COEUR
    Runs today at auteuil well worth a watch against the likes of lami serge, kilultagh vic. Yorkhill, coquin mans
    She's better than Apple's jade, no doubt.

DE BON COEUR
    Runs today at auteuil well worth a watch against the likes of lami serge, kilultagh vic. Yorkhill, coquin mans
    I may back her Scooby but I don’t tend to bet on the French Racing. Cheers.

Watching the Grand steeplechase De Paris as I type this but I don’t have a bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
    I may back her Scooby but I don’t tend to bet on the French Racing. Cheers.

Watching the Grand steeplechase De Paris as I type this but I don’t have a bet on it.
    Djakadam went out like a light

DE BON COEUR
    Got 10 on at 3/1 with 365,just hoping as know nothing about it.But im in front today so no matter