Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely delighted

14s any race on a 9/2 winner. Had me screaming her Home up the straight. Get in

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      I thought la bague au roi ran a very good race hit the last and lost all momentum shed have had to have been placed imo.

From memory I believe someone put up midnight tour at a huge price what a shout.

And well done to the guys who backed the winner. She wasn't on my mind at all. Ruby gave her a lovely patient ride.
      Watched again and 'shocker' was a bit harsh but she was weakening when making a clumsy, tired jump at the last. At best she would have been fourth. If someone had said the favourite would only finish third I would have expected La Bague Au Roi to have been in the first two. On ratings I think she went in second best so however you want to dress it up it was disappointing. Personally, I wouldn't back her again at Cheltenham.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
        Watched again and 'shocker' was a bit harsh but she was weakening when making a clumsy, tired jump at the last. At best she would have been fourth. If someone had said the favourite would only finish third I would have expected La Bague Au Roi to have been in the first two. On ratings I think she went in second best so however you want to dress it up it was disappointing. Personally, I wouldn't back her again at Cheltenham.
        Yeh it's a fair point, 4th would have done me as ew without aj. But she did the hard work and went for glory. Was a cracking ride on the winner by ruby he's judged the pace very well all day.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I think in hindsight Apples Jade's lack of a recent prep run cost her today. Gordon has said in the past she always comes on for a good blow a few weeks before a big target. I'm surprised they didn't take in the Quevega Hurdle en route like they did last year...

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
            I think in hindsight Apples Jade's lack of a recent prep run cost her today. Gordon has said in the past she always comes on for a good blow a few weeks before a big target. I'm surprised they didn't take in the Quevega Hurdle en route like they did last year...
            The winner may be very good - time will tell. The difference in Apples Jade between triumph and Aintree was massive so it will be interesting to see what happens if we get a rematch,

Comment

• Watching it back, you have to give Ruby a lot of credit for not getting into a fight with Apples Jade, and going up the middle when Apples moved across to the rail. She loves a fight and nobody gave her one until it was too late.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                I was reading through this page thinking ‘blimey Scooby really fancies this French mare. 12/1 NRNB on his say so is worth a bet’.

So I was about to back a horse I’d mever heard of. Then scrolled down and saw she wasn’t entered. Would’ve been worth a go.

I’d genuinely never heard of her but I wonder why they’ve never bothered running her over here. I would’ve thought the French still regarded the festival as a massive thing even over there.

DE BON COEUR
                Runs today at auteuil well worth a watch against the likes of lami serge, kilultagh vic. Yorkhill, coquin mans
                She's better than Apple's jade, no doubt.
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

DE BON COEUR
                  Runs today at auteuil well worth a watch against the likes of lami serge, kilultagh vic. Yorkhill, coquin mans
                  I may back her Scooby but I don’t tend to bet on the French Racing. Cheers.

Watching the Grand steeplechase De Paris as I type this but I don’t have a bet on it.

Comment

Watching the Grand steeplechase De Paris as I type this but I don’t have a bet on it.
                    Djakadam went out like a light

Comment

DE BON COEUR
                      Got £10 on at 3/1 with 365,just hoping as know nothing about it.But im in front today so no matter

Comment

• Cheers Scooby

Comment

DE BON COEUR
                          Won very easily didn't she!

WOn't have any bearing whatsoever as she isn't ever going to come over... and Apple's Jade has flopped since you first mentioned her...

and Baupaume was 2nd....

but still, can't knock it 3/1 a very generous price looking at how she won.

Why was she that price, because of the defeat last time?

Comment

• Omg. What a monster. I was unsure about the distance after the last day but that was unbelievable. Shes a freak.

Comment

• I wish she'd have come over now, we were all sat on the 12s NRNB (or better wasn't it?)

Still, I wouldn't call her a monster based on today... She's beaten Baupaume who has been beaten over 30L and PU in 3 of his last 4.

Loads of them clearly haven't run their race either - so it can't be used literally for horses like L'Ami Serge or Yotkhill (why on earth isn't he out to grass yet)

Comment

Wish I had backed her now! Sensational performance.

Great shout Scooby

Comment

Working...
                                X