Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Has there been an update of Jers Girl.... I read she was less than 50/50 to make it here? I'd certainly fancy her.

Asthuria looks held at 2m by Benie Des Dieux and BDD wants further, so I wouldn't have her over BDD despite the price
    Benie des dieux unlikely runner your also talking chase form. Very likely to follow the mares chase program
    Asthuria is not a natural chaser with the technique of what she's shown. Shes a slick hurdler stays well.

Iv watched benie des dieux many times in French hurdle races . Her forms good but nothing special. It's her chasing technique is far better than asthurias. Shes a ridiculous price nrnb for this.
    Last edited by Scooby91; 11 February 2018, 09:44 PM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Benie des dieux unlikely runner your also talking chase form. Very likely to follow the mares chase program
      Asthuria is not a natural chaser with the technique of what she's shown. Shes a slick hurdler stays well.

Iv watched benie des dieux many times in French hurdle races . Her forms good but nothing special. It's her chasing technique is far better than asthurias. Shes a ridiculous price nrnb for this.
      Her chasing technique is literally quoted as being "like a hurdlers".... after the race they said she could easily go back hurdling. She is clearly, clearly, CLEARLY though of more highly than Asthuria.
      You've just dismissed her on the basis her chasing technique is so good.... yet the jockey said they'd have no problem going back hurdling?
      It isn't like connections haven't got previous with this either. VVM was also a better chaser... and she popped back over hurdles at Cheltenham and won.
      If they both lined up, there is no way Asthuria finishes ahead of Benie Des Dieux..... the market has it right.

However, your main point is that Jer's Girl is good value at 10/1 without AJ and I completley agree with all your other points in the post above the one quoted. I have had Jer's Girl and cashed out and backed again without... still not convinced she's going to run but nothing to lose.
      Last edited by Kevloaf; 11 February 2018, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Her chasing technique is literally quoted as being "like a hurdlers".... after the race they said she could easily go back hurdling. She is clearly, clearly, CLEARLY though of more highly than Asthuria.
        You've just dismissed her on the basis her chasing technique is so good.... yet the jockey said they'd have no problem going back hurdling?
        It isn't like connections haven't got previous with this either. VVM was also a better chaser... and she popped back over hurdles at Cheltenham and won.
        If they both lined up, there is no way Asthuria finishes ahead of Benie Des Dieux..... the market has it right.

However, your main point is that Jer's Girl is good value at 10/1 without AJ and I completley agree with all your other points in the post above the one quoted. I have had Jer's Girl and cashed out and backed again without... still not convinced she's going to run but nothing to lose.
        I don't believe benie des dieux goes here I think your taking the comments far too literal. The French fixed brush hurdles are like fences. My interpretation is that she wastes no time in the air over her fences which is to her advantage. And thats also what they meant by the comments.

Her price for this race is completely ridiculous imo. Her advantage is over fences. And her engine is over rated.
        Last edited by Scooby91; 12 February 2018, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• Vroum Vroum Mag has an entry at Navan on Sunday. 2m5f.
          (Mullins also has Let's Dance, Augusta Kate, Bapuame and Bacardys entered in the same race)

Comment

• Be good to see VVM back on the track.

Comment

I don't believe benie des dieux goes here I think your taking the comments far too literal. The French fixed brush hurdles are like fences. My interpretation is that she wastes no time in the air over her fences which is to her advantage. And thats also what they meant by the comments.

Her price for this race is completely ridiculous imo. Her advantage is over fences. And her engine is over rated.
              Same for VVM funnily enough. - Anyway, the news below might make her a less liekly runner and hopefully she goes for a chase!

Originally posted by jono View Post
              Vroum Vroum Mag has an entry at Navan on Sunday. 2m5f.
              (Mullins also has Let's Dance, Augusta Kate, Bapuame and Bacardys entered in the same race)
              With that news, 11/4 for VVM in the Without market seems fair enough (especially compared to Let's Dance)
              You would need to have a little faith in the proviso that VVM will only run if she is sparking - and you have no track evidance yet that she retains her ability.... but if she does take up that entry, and does retain the ability, it would be insane to have her a bigger price than Let's Dance... or Benie Des Dieux... I wouldn't consider VVM in the normal market as the prep would be awful compared to Apple's Jade who has her held on last years festival anyway before yuou even consider the improvement from AJ but ...

I can see 11/4 being shorter in the without market. Not going to back it tonight but I'll re-visit it on Saturday.

Comment

• Vvm not declared this weekend

Comment

• Gutted. Really wanted to see VVM run as well as Douvan.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                    Vvm not declared this weekend
                    Shes still entered next Wednesday so hopefully runs there

Comment

• Fingers crossed mate

Comment

• Jer's Girl
                        İHealy Racing PhotosJer's Girl is reported to be on course for the Cheltenham Festival following a mid-season break.

The six-year-old could have three entries including the OLBG Mares' Hurdle, in which she fell three flights from home last season when still travelling well.

"She's in the Mares', she's in the Stayers' Hurdle and she'll probably have an entry in the Coral Cup," said trainer Gavin Cromwell.

"I don't know at this stage which race we'll go for. I'll have a chat with Frank (Berry, owner JP McManus' racing manager).

"She's in great order. I'm happy with her."

Comment

• 10/1 ew nrnb bog without Apple's jade now one of my biggest bets of the week.

Asthuria 20/1 nrnb bog without Apple's jade likewise. Poss unlikely runner but massively over priced.

Comment

Jer's Girl
                            İHealy Racing PhotosJer's Girl is reported to be on course for the Cheltenham Festival following a mid-season break.

The six-year-old could have three entries including the OLBG Mares' Hurdle, in which she fell three flights from home last season when still travelling well.

"She's in the Mares', she's in the Stayers' Hurdle and she'll probably have an entry in the Coral Cup," said trainer Gavin Cromwell.

"I don't know at this stage which race we'll go for. I'll have a chat with Frank (Berry, owner JP McManus' racing manager).

"She's in great order. I'm happy with her."
                            Glad to hear this Scooby, after you put her up in the W/O market, I had a couple of points on e/way

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                              Glad to hear this Scooby, after you put her up in the W/O market, I had a couple of points on e/way
                              Iv gone back in on her. That 10/1 without Apple's jade with effectively 4 places is just far too big to me.

I fully expect her to turn up.
                              And would be delighted if asthuria joins her.

Comment

Iv gone back in on her. That 10/1 without Apple's jade with effectively 4 places is just far too big to me.

I fully expect her to turn up.
                                And would be delighted if asthuria joins her.
                                100% agree with this. Already on from earlier but been waiting for confirmation that she's back on track.

10/1 wouldn't be a bad price in the normal market really with Ricci mares taking out a silly chunk, so this is a no brainer

Comment

Working...
                                X