Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mares Hurdle 2018

Apple's Jade will be a penalty kick in the Mares Hurdle.

Thread closed?

Inevitable chatter about Mullins/Ricci horses to come, and Limini did beat her but what Apple's Jade did in her 5yo season was nothing short of fantastic in hindsight.

Already on Apple's Jade in some multiples but she is the biggest certainty of the week in this race for me.

Apples Jade / Cause of Causes double followed up by a fat Jockey meet up in Barbados

Comment

Elliott has just said 100% this is the target!
      "Win what you can win"

Comment

Owner and trainer seem on the same page and pretty clear about her target which is good

Comment

Must admit I’m tempted. But 7/4 seems plenty short enough. If Limini or VVM win a couple of races before March they should keep AJ odds against in my view so think I will wait until race day.

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
            Must admit I’m tempted. But 7/4 seems plenty short enough. If Limini or VVM win a couple of races before March they should keep AJ odds against in my view so think I will wait until race day.
            If Apple's Jade is odds when NRNB comes in I will be having a massive bet. Absolutely no way I can see her beaten. She has VVM and Limini held and is open to improvement (and looks to have proven that on her 2 starts this season).
            Let's Dance is so well held on their juvenie form so that wouldn't enter calculations for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Apple's Jade will be a penalty kick in the Mares Hurdle.

Thread closed?

Inevitable chatter about Mullins/Ricci horses to come, and Limini did beat her but what Apple's Jade did in her 5yo season was nothing short of fantastic in hindsight.

Already on Apple's Jade in some multiples but she is the biggest certainty of the week in this race for me.
              So Cause of causes is last week's news then Kev L.O.L !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                So Cause of causes is last week's news then Kev L.O.L !!!
                Haha, a good point. Cause of Certanties.

That's twice I've been wrong today

Comment

Totally agree , Has to be Apples jade for me too !. Already been putting her in some multiples , I hadn't seen the
                  trainer confirming the race , but really not surprised , couldn't see her going Ch. hdle and maybe the stayers
                  next year ?? . considering the way she won , I'd say the 7-4 w.h is still an o.k price , I've been backing at 3-1.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                    Totally agree , Has to be Apples jade for me too !. Already been putting her in some multiples , I hadn't seen the
                    trainer confirming the race , but really not surprised , couldn't see her going Ch. hdle and maybe the stayers
                    next year ?? . considering the way she won , I'd say the 7-4 w.h is still an o.k price , I've been backing at 3-1.
                    I wouldn't be surprised if she put a string of wins together in this race... I'd like to see her in other races but that's a different point

Comment

Could do a Quevega and mix this with the stayers at Punchestown

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                        Could do a Quevega and mix this with the stayers at Punchestown
                        Absolutely. Fortunately she seems to handle her races well so I'm sure she'll be poicking up prize money through the season more than Q ever did.

Comment

What are the chances of Benie Des Dieux taking in this race?

If I were Willie I'd be thinking Vroum and Limini are covered by Apples Jade, so they could go left field a bit here.

If Faugheen doesn't make the festival, could definitely see Limini taking on the boys as Ricci doesn't mind a super sub in the champion.

Let's Dance is the issue- will they go mares route with her?

I just don't see them going chasing at Chelts with Benie. They did the same with Vroum didn't they? Start chasing then switch to hurdles?

Comment

Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
                            What are the chances of Benie Des Dieux taking in this race?

If I were Willie I'd be thinking Vroum and Limini are covered by Apples Jade, so they could go left field a bit here.

If Faugheen doesn't make the festival, could definitely see Limini taking on the boys as Ricci doesn't mind a super sub in the champion.

Let's Dance is the issue- will they go mares route with her?

I just don't see them going chasing at Chelts with Benie. They did the same with Vroum didn't they? Start chasing then switch to hurdles?
                            Fairyhouse just after chelt as part of the mares graded chase program.
                            Vroum vroum was there biggest earner the year she followed that path.
                            Last edited by Scooby91; 12 December 2017, 08:55 AM.
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              Fairyhouse just after chelt as part of the mares graded chase program.
                              Vroum vroum was there biggest earner the year she followed that path.
                              Benie probably skip chelt ... but if she ran I'd plump for this race .... imagine Ricci will have a better fancied one though in here

Comment

Working...
                              X