Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

County Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Martin Pipe? Is he not rated too high for that Ista?
    Is there a ceiling on this race ?
    Always assumed it was an unrestricted handicap...

Comment

County is unrestricted, MP had a ceiling of 145.

I thought MP with James Bowen on would be perfect but could also see the case for him back over 2 miles as he does race keenly.

Comment

OK thanks for that, I thought the nov chase on day one was the only restricted handicap.

As for Jenkins I can't see them dropping him back in trip, he wasn't stopping yesterday and on that ground the trip would have taken some getting.
        Coral Cup maybe ?

Comment

Ricci has "Confirmed" this is the target for Max Dynamite who he believes is still "well handicapped over hurdles".

Best price is 12/1 and that is NRNB, 4 places, 1/4 the odds BOG.

His last run was 6th beaten 3L by Highland Reel in Hong Kong 1m4f
          3rd in the Melbourne Cup over 2m

He went off fav for the Galway hurdle at 7/2f but finished 9th. That was his first run since Royal Ascot in June.

2m Hurdle races and 2m flat races are quite different beasts...

Came 4th in the 2015 County Hurdle off 137.

One of the hardest horses to get an idea of that I can fatham.

Comment

I think they use the County as a prep run for the flat more than anything

Comment

Nicholls said hes likely to get a run into Cliffs of Dover and then a run in the County Hurdle. Any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                Nicholls said hes likely to get a run into Cliffs of Dover and then a run in the County Hurdle. Any chance?
                Not for me... an example of an excellently placed horse from Nicholls racking up a good sequence and probably short of festival class.

One thing is 100% evident is that he is wanting Good ground! Canford Cliffs out of a Galileo - flat rat haha

Comment

Jezki 153 and coming down with each run. likely to drop again after today. I think hes still got it at 2m on spring ground against this sort of company (county hurdle) (coral cup) Phil Smith wouldn't be so harsh to slap the old boy with 4 pounds or more would He? 16/1 nrnb.
                  Arctic fire won of 158
                  Thoughts?
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 3 February 2018, 10:05 AM.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    Jezki 153 and coming down with each run. likely to drop again after today. I think hes still got it at 2m on spring ground against this sort of company (county hurdle) (coral cup) Phil Smith wouldn't be so harsh to slap the old boy with 4 pounds or more would He? 16/1 nrnb.
                    Arctic fire won of 158
                    Thoughts?
                    I like where you are going with this. Definitely going to have a small 16/1 NRNB

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                      I like where you are going with this. Definitely going to have a small 16/1 NRNB
                      It's completely non related to his chances in a handicap and he shouldn't drift quite the opposite.
                      BUT he may drift after the Irish champion so hold fire. And you might get lucky

Comment

What do we think will happen to Jezkis mark now?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                          What do we think will happen to Jezkis mark now?
                          Hopefully comes down another couple of pounds or at worst stays the same.
                          I thought he ran a cracker today , he wants better ground. I will be interested to see his revised mark. And would like to see him dropped in class.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            Hopefully comes down another couple of pounds or at worst stays the same.
                            I thought he ran a cracker today , he wants better ground. I will be interested to see his revised mark. And would like to see him dropped in class.
                            Jezki certainly an interesting shout.

They have seemed to be saying he wants further now but his actual form doesn't actually back that up.

Still 16/1 after yesterday which is nice considering he ran quite well.

Comment

Looking at Mohaayed for the Skelton's, who love a handicap, 33/1 NRNB currently, ran in this race last season finishing a running on 7th, and was slightly hampered 2 from home.

Has been tried pretty highly over winter, latest finishing within 6 lengths of Buveur D'air in the Christmas Hurdle, and before that just 1/2 a length to the extremely game and consistent mare, Irish Roe.

Don't really have many other fancies just yet, and this one at a nice price is worth a bet for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                Looking at Mohaayed for the Skelton's, who love a handicap, 33/1 NRNB currently, ran in this race last season finishing a running on 7th, and was slightly hampered 2 from home.

Has been tried pretty highly over winter, latest finishing within 6 lengths of Buveur D'air in the Christmas Hurdle, and before that just 1/2 a length to the extremely game and consistent mare, Irish Roe.

Don't really have many other fancies just yet, and this one at a nice price is worth a bet for me.
                                I backed him in this race last year as Hugh Taylor (ATR) put him up as a 2 pointer. I know HT is more of a flat expert but I always back his 2 pointers. Mohayyed ran a cracking race in this last year and if he had pinged the last would likley have finished in the places. Incidentally I recall a HT 2 pointer on Next Sensation for the Grand Annual in 2014. Went off a well supported 7/1 finishing 4th, came back the next year (when I didn't back him of course) and won the same race at 16s, which ties in with one of Jono's stats. Anyway won't be making the same mistake with Mohayyed if he turns up here.

Comment

Working...
                                X