Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

County Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
    Be careful of what D Casey said, I'm not saying some of these panelist's are lying at all.
    I've watched most of them so far and a lot look like they've turned up after work with no preparation at all and are just musing and talking out loud. Most have not got up to date information at all.
    If anyone has up to date info it's the assistant trainer David Casey surely, he's around the yard every single day, rides out. And assist Willie
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      If anyone has up to date info it's the assistant trainer David Casey surely, he's around the yard every single day, rides out. And assist Willie
      accept that completely, but he's unlikely to have given any definite running plans not already out there.
      My point was I think most panelists have far less information than punters/people obsessed with it.
      Any of Willies' might go in any race they're entered really (and I'm not one for moaning at him for that), as one injury or two can cause an effect and plans change.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
        accept that completely, but he's unlikely to have given any definite running plans not already out there.
        My point was I think most panelists have far less information than punters/people obsessed with it.
        Any of Willies' might go in any race they're entered really (and I'm not one for moaning at him for that), as one injury or two can cause an effect and plans change.
        I agree with that in terms of the so-called experts or "professionals".

I would rate Gordon himself, David Casey and also David Minton on henderson horses knowing the time of day though.

Comment

• Hunters Call out of the festival

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
            Hunters Call out of the festival
            Made him a good thing, lucky I backed it nrnb, where did you see that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
              Made him a good thing, lucky I backed it nrnb, where did you see that?
              Twitter. I only had him NRNB too, but still frustrating!

Comment

• Not sure if this horse will even run at Cheltenham but Cliffs of Dover was well fancies for a race in 2017 cheltenham fest , he won 6 races in 2016 got injured & has been off for over a year.

Here came back at Wincanton in a grade 2 race in feb was very fresh and charged off like a mad man and then pulled up soft/heavy. I was surprised to see him running yesterday at lingfield in a tin pot class B stayers flat race, but he hosed up.

Trained by P Nicholls and if he turns up here with 10-10 I will be lumping into him, could well be a plot 28/1 sky nrnb.

Also declared for the martin pipe 50/1 with Hills bet insurance but only 16/1 with Sky.

Only thing I do not like is that he is a Good ground horse, so maybe one for Aintree..
                Last edited by Sirbetalot; 8 March 2018, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Not sure if this horse will even run at Cheltenham but Cliffs of Dover was well fancies for a race in 2017 cheltenham fest , he won 6 races in 2016 got injured & has been off for over a year.

Here came back at Wincanton in a grade 2 race in feb was very fresh and charged off like a mad man and then pulled up soft/heavy. I was surprised to see him running yesterday at lingfield in a tin pot class B stayers flat race, but he hosed up.

Trained by P Nicholls and if he turns up here with 10-10 I will be lumping into him, could well be a plot 28/1 sky nrnb.

Also declared for the martin pipe 50/1 with Hills bet insurance but only 16/1 with Sky.

Only thing I do not like is that he is a Good ground horse, so maybe one for Aintree..
                  I've been waiting for him, problem I have is he ran on the flat yesterday (and won) which seems rather close to the festival now.

Comment

• What do the Flying Tiger backers (myself included) think of this snippet from Mike Cattermole?

"However, she was sweet on her mounts, Coo Star Sivola in the Ultima Handicap Chase and Esprit De Somoza in the Fred Winter, but put me off Flying Tiger (which she doesn't ride) in the County Hurdle, explaining that he wants better ground. I remain puzzled by that, as I didn’t think he minded it soft."

This was in reference to comments made by Lizzie Kelly.

Obviously the ground could yet be anything next friday but would you worry for his chances on soft? He seems to have shown a decent level of form on all ground, and in fact 2 out of 3 wins have been on soft.

Comment

• I received some tips today from my syndicate trainers and connections, each person gave two selections and one that caught my eye was from Anthony Bromley and he put up Smaoineamh Alainn for this, not one ive heard him given a mention before by anyone, fair to say hes a fair judge though! (incidentally PFN said Movewiththetimes for the Close brothers and Nicky put up Burbank for the Coral cup!)

Comment

• My selection Hunter call was a NR so I have been reading up on this race for days and I keep coming back to one horse Bleu Et Rouge.. It would take a lot for a horse to win this off top weight 11.12 but his form is very good..

2nd to Kalashnikov 4 1/2L Soft
                        4th to Hunters Call 6L G/S
                        5th to Buveur D'Air 9 3/4L Soft
                        1st beat Tombstone 3L Soft to Heavy

But the big weight keeps stopping me going in and on this ground..

Comment

My selection Hunter call was a NR so I have been reading up on this race for days and I keep coming back to one horse Bleu Et Rouge.. It would take a lot for a horse to win this off top weight 11.12 but his form is very good..

2nd to Kalashnikov 4 1/2L Soft
                          4th to Hunters Call 6L G/S
                          5th to Buveur D'Air 9 3/4L Soft
                          1st beat Tombstone 3L Soft to Heavy

But the big weight keeps stopping me going in and on this ground..
                          I seem to remember a Mullins horse off top weight doing ok in this last year.....

Comment

• Originally posted by squiggsy68 View Post
                            I seem to remember a Mullins horse off top weight doing ok in this last year.....
                            That's what I was thinking and Mullins does like this race looking back over the years results...

Comment

That's what I was thinking and Mullins does like this race looking back over the years results...
                              He likes the ground, he wants it soft at this trip He's not ahead of his mark and he's not arctic fire. But he's the best of these off levels on his day and not without a chance.
                              Last edited by Scooby91; 14 March 2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by squiggsy68 View Post
                                Betfair hurdle placed horses have a great record at the festival,even more so this year as the ground is soft...form was boosted yesterday too..first 4 home in the betfair hurdle last 20 years have a 40% strike rate of winning or being placed at the same years festival..

Comment

Working...
                                X