Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

County Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Hurdle 2018

Have had a little tickle on Campeador in this at 20s. Was running a mighty race in the Fred Winter before coming down at the last, and I assume he'll be aimed here. Anyone else got any plays yet in this race? The likes of Elgin, Mick Jazz, Charli Parcs and even Defi Du Seuil could end up here

Originally posted by Robante View Post
    Have had a little tickle on Campeador in this at 20s. Was running a mighty race in the Fred Winter before coming down at the last, and I assume he'll be aimed here. Anyone else got any plays yet in this race? The likes of Elgin, Mick Jazz, Charli Parcs and even Defi Du Seuil could end up here
    Long long way out but
    Mick jazz
    Bleu et rouge
    High bridge

And a couple of wild ones
    bachasson
    Ball d'arc
    River wylde
    Last edited by Scooby91; 28 November 2017, 12:03 PM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Usually I'd discount Campeador due to his lofty rating and the fact he'll be close to top weight, however, last years winner was top weight and the runner up carried the second top weight.

Outside the usual suspects, Duca De Thaix is the only handicapper I've added for this season although he could step up in trip to the Pipe race or Coral Cup.

If they get Mick Jazz there off his current mark then he'd be a major player.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        Long long way out but
        Mick jazz
        Bleu et rouge
        High bridge

And a couple of wild ones
        bachasson
        Ball d'arc
        River wylde
        Will just add i haven't backed any of them, just my shortlist

I think bleu et rouge is very well handicapped on his runs over hurdles his run at Aintree behind buveur dair reads extremely well to his rating.

High bridge ran a mighty race behind Elgin before tiring late on the form has worked out very well so far and I could see him going very well. Off his current mark

Mick jazz claims speak for itself.

The others are on very fair hurdle marks compared to there chase form, and showed enough over hurdles.

Comment

Thinking of backing Mick Jazz who does look rock solid off a decent mark then leaving it at that for this one til we know a bit more after Xmas. Ball D’Arc will be backed whichever race he’s aimed at, think he’s long had a win at the top level in him

Comment

With no mention of Srtic Fire this side of Christmas it would be interesting if they tried the same again with him

Would be interested in what weight he’d be given too, last year they dropped him a stone

Comment

Mick Jazz obviously interesting, I'd take 16s on him any race now haha

Comment

Jenkins could now be a plot for this race, he could get in at a feather weight. Ignore his last run on soft, he should fair better on decent ground and now he has seen the track. I heard he is a different animal this season.

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                  Jenkins could now be a plot for this race, he could get in at a feather weight. Ignore his last run on soft, he should fair better on decent ground and now he has seen the track. I heard he is a different animal this season.
                  Wants further, that or he's just no good.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    Wants further, that or he's just no good.
                    Visually it looks that way, but he has had a small wind op.

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                      If I post nearer the time and say anything positive about Jenkins, I would like somebody to bring up this post, where I swear I will NEVER back him again

Comment

Jenkins does not have one bit of form to impress me in his career, and even his biggest fan must surely struggle to claim anything of note since his debut win.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                          Jenkins does not have one bit of form to impress me in his career, and even his biggest fan must surely struggle to claim anything of note since his debut win.
                          Errrrm.... he beat Brelade? haha
                          Last edited by Kevloaf; 29 November 2017, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Got a feeling Flying Tiger is being laid out for a mark for this. Won the Fred Winter last year and will get nicely thumped by Buveur D'air tomorrow

Comment

Mick Jazz running in the Hattons Grace tomorrow over 2m 4f instead of a 2m handicap Hurdle worth nearly €60K. I'm assuming Mick will be highly tried (he's also gone down to Melon this season) until the right handicap opportunity presents itself. Gordon does have the favourite in the valuable handicap tomorrow so that may explain Mick going elsewhere for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X