Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2018 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
    I Just Know 50/1 (very keen on this one)
    Oddschecker are claiming 5% of bets for the National have been on this one

Does it all stem from the Catterick win?

Comment

I've had a few quid ew on Gas Line Boy, won over these fences in December when taking the Grand Sefton, 5th in this last year, also ran well lto in a veterans chase, should give a good run for your money, not a major betting event for me but I like to have an interest. Also have a bit on Bellshill, I'm sure he'll fulfill his potential at some point and being hunted round here then being put into the race 3 or 4 out could bring that out.

Comment

Will Bellshill run here? Irish National instead no?

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
          Will Bellshill run here? Irish National instead no?
          Nrnb FM so I've had some on just in case, 16's with 365 so I would expect money to come for him if they decide to run

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
            Oddschecker are claiming 5% of bets for the National have been on this one

Does it all stem from the Catterick win?
            I'd no idea any cash was going on this horse.

The Catterick win, and a sneaky hurdle race was what interested me in this horse. I think it was just shy of 20k 1st prize for the Yorkshire Nash.

Comment

I still have a list of about 12 horses but have backed Mirella Rocco only so far. That said, all the ones mentioedn recently are on my list including I Just Know & Buywise (always good for a running on place, especially at 50/1!).

Comment

Please do Ista. One negative is course form.
                The mark has dropped in recent years, it seems the lower end of value is now a £13k chase and on that basis I Just Know qualifies.
                I used to be more so I presume recent winners didn't meet the trend so the line has been dropped...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                  The mark has dropped in recent years, it seems the lower end of value is now a £13k chase and on that basis I Just Know qualifies.
                  I used to be more so I presume recent winners didn't meet the trend so the line has been dropped...
                  Most trends remain very fluid.

Comment

I have Cause of Causes, Seeyouatmidnght and Minella Rocco backed so far.

I lost a little on O O Seven but I thought he was a doubtful starter anyway.

Tiger Roll and Anibale Fly look blindingly obvious as well. I like to have 4 for the race, so with COC looking doubtful due to his lameness, I will probably fall down on either of those.

Comment

I'd no idea any cash was going on this horse.

The Catterick win, and a sneaky hurdle race was what interested me in this horse. I think it was just shy of 20k 1st prize for the Yorkshire Nash.
                      I think it was Paul Kealy tipping it that prompted the money.

Comment

My shortlist of 4 are in order of rating : Tiger Roll , Genie In a Bottle, Anibale Fly, and Belshill. I'll be perming them for the Fcst. Tiger Roll does have an outstanding chance I reckon . I've missed the 50s but at 14's I will increase my stake on the price.
                        I've read through the posts and mention has been made about the likely going. It's soft to heavy already at Aintree and the Accuweather forecast is for rain everyday from now onwards. On a bright note it looks like a sunny day for the race itself. Could it be another Red Marauder year? when it's heavy at Aintree it is worse than the going was at Cheltenham this year. The field could be strung out by halfway with only 7 -10 finishers. Proven mudlarks only need apply.

Comment

It's 2.5 weeks until the National, there is zero chance of getting an accurate weather forecast that far in advance BF.

Comment

I don't read the forecast in exactly the same way but others can judge for themselves:
                            Everything you need to know about today's weather in Aintree, Sefton, United Kingdom. High/Low, Precipitation Chances, Sunrise/Sunset, and today's Temperature History.

This far out, the going on the day could be anything from good to heavy. I live about 20 miles as the crow flies from Aintree and every area of grass around here is much drier than it was a couple of weeks ago.
                            If there is heavy rain in the week of the National then, yes it could be very soft but it's much to early to make that call.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              It's 2.5 weeks until the National, there is zero chance of getting an accurate weather forecast that far in advance BF.
                              Accuweather is excellent Faugheen -Machine. We've used it for the past few years before booking our 2 weeks in Brighton and it's never been wrong! More recently and to the point they correctly forecast the snow and rain that preceded the Cheltenham festval in March at the end of Januuary. I don't want a heavy ground Aintree meeting but I think it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfish View Post
                                My shortlist of 4 are in order of rating : Tiger Roll , Genie In a Bottle, Anibale Fly, and Belshill. I'll be perming them for the Fcst. Tiger Roll does have an outstanding chance I reckon . I've missed the 50s but at 14's I will increase my stake on the price.
                                I've read through the posts and mention has been made about the likely going. It's soft to heavy already at Aintree and the Accuweather forecast is for rain everyday from now onwards. On a bright note it looks like a sunny day for the race itself. Could it be another Red Marauder year? when it's heavy at Aintree it is worse than the going was at Cheltenham this year. The field could be strung out by halfway with only 7 -10 finishers. Proven mudlarks only need apply.
                                Looking at the exchange prices the last few days it looks like Belshill is heading to the Irish National and Cause of Causes and Rathvinden won't be turning up. I'm on these 4 and and that will probably be my main bets done:

Tiger Roll @25 - 2 points E/W
                                I Just Know @60 - 1.5 points E/W (still available with the Ladbrokes price boost, not NRNB, can't see 50s being available on the day, less than that on the exchange)
                                Minella Rocco @20 - 1.25 E/W (NRNB)
                                Seeyouatmidnight @25 1.25 E/W (NRNB)

Comment

Working...
                                X