Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2018 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be in Australia and may not even have a bet but I really don't think that a hard race at Cheltenham is a good prep for Aintree.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
      I'll be in Australia and may not even have a bet but I really don't think that a hard race at Cheltenham is a good prep for Aintree.
      I’m in Aus too! Trying to work out if I’ll be dedicated enough to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
        I have added Minella Rocco based on his runs against Native River - missing the Gold Cup probably a plus too.
        26 of the last 27 winners ran no more than 55 days ago so that would concern me, and whilst MR only misses this by a week or so 21 of the last 27 raced no more than 34 days ago so fitness is an angle I like.
        MR is something of a cliff horse of mine so I'll be forced into having a saver but he couldn't be my main bet on that alone, a decent prep run in the Gold Cup and things would be very different....

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
          I’m in Aus too! Trying to work out if I’ll be dedicated enough to watch!
          I'll be in Perth by then (Brisbane first) so it will only be about midnight. However, the going on the day will be crucial and I can't be having a bet until that's clear.

Comment

I think the XC is the perfect prep. Cause of Causes and Silver Birch are two that ran big races in the Cross Country before going on to the Grand National (silver birch won, CoC 2nd), and both were trained by Gordon Elliott. There is an extra week between Cheltenham and Aintree this season which will be a help to those horses who had a hard race at the festival as well.

Comment

I have added Minella Rocco based on his runs against Native River - missing the Gold Cup probably a plus too.
              I've also added MR tonight. 20/1ew NRNB with B365.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                I've also added MR tonight. 20/1ew NRNB with B365.
                Me too, 5pts e/way here. Got carried away!

Comment

Definitly Red has been pulled out. I couldn't have fancied him though. I was surprised how small he looked compared to the other horses in the Gold Cup.

Comment

Here lads, not one for the race, but myself and the girlfriend got Tatterstalls tickets online yesterday £59 on Stubhub.

I have had a quick look online and some said they were great and some said they were brutal, anyone been?

Comment

I added him as well at 25/1

Comment

I'm surprised the number of people making a case for Minella Rocco having missed Cheltenham when the National trends demand a recent run.
                        I can't get enough on Tiger Roll personally....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                          I'm surprised the number of people making a case for Minella Rocco having missed Cheltenham when the National trends demand a recent run.
                          I can't get enough on Tiger Roll personally....
                          What price will you stop backing Tiger Roll at Ista? He has to go off favourite, doesn't he?

Anyone fancy a Tiger Woods (masters) / Tiger Roll (national) double?? I couldn't resist

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            What price will you stop backing Tiger Roll at Ista? He has to go off favourite, doesn't he?

Anyone fancy a Tiger Woods (masters) / Tiger Roll (national) double?? I couldn't resist
                            Ive got tiger roll backed already at 50s but there is ZERO PERCENT chance I'm not having the Tiger double.

Wool wait for the Thursday befoe and try get some silly each way terms

Comment

I can't have top weights in this, something sneaking in around halfway down the weights always has most appeal

Comment

All depends on the going.

Comment

Working...
                                X