Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2018 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone who hasn’t seen.

Comment

I think Minella Rocco will end up with top weight

I had already backed (at tiny stakes)

Tiger Roll - 70.0
      Rogue Angel - 460.0
      UTPT - 60.0 - dead already

I’ve added:
      Bellshill - 55.0
      Cogry - 450
      Abolitisionist - 40s

Hoping Morning Assembly will be matched

All tiny darts between £2-£5 but the potential for a couple of Quid I’d never remember about to spring a nice surprise

Comment

Just had my 1st bet on the Nash.
        Vyta Du Roc. 9yo 10.06 no46 33/1
        Im very taken with with its form. I think I may well have found a live one.

Comment

Had a few quid on the special with 365 for Wild West Wind to win the Betfair chase and the Nash at 100/1, seems a decent punt that, would have won the Welsh Nash, in my view, had he stayed upright, obvious concern there of course

Comment

Taken 40/1 Tiger Roll NRNB....

Comment

Just backed Tiger Roll again. Ladbrokes boosted to 60/1 from 50's and are paying 5 places.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                Just backed Tiger Roll again. Ladbrokes boosted to 60/1 from 50's and are paying 5 places.
                Brilliant....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                  Brilliant....
                  A good run in the cross country should put him spot on for this. I do wonder how well he'll take to the fences, a slight worry for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    A good run in the cross country should put him spot on for this. I do wonder how well he'll take to the fences, a slight worry for me.
                    Jumping would have to be a huge issue? Good bet regardless but if he jumped like he did in the 4 miler no way he'd complete?

Has anyone ever looked at whether competing in cross country is a positive or negative for the national? I know CoC and Balthazar King have had two very different experiences but i fancied both!

Comment

Silver Birch was runner up in Cross Country before winning the GN but not sure about any others.

They barely break out of a canter for 3 miles so the Cross Country isn't a hard race for the horses and they can then follow up at Aintree. That's just my opinion though, and the stats may not back that up.

Comment

Wild West Wind still 100/1 for the betfair chase/Grand Nash, but he's halved in price for tomorrows race, big lay opportunity a possible, or a substantial potential cash out, WWW around 33's for the Nash, but could be much shorter if he wins tomoz, therein lies profit

Comment

The 100/1 is now restricted at 365 but still there for a few quid, even though WWW is 9/4 from 7's last night with the same firm to win today. They have him quoted at 33/1 for the GN so it will be interesting to see if he shortens up if he does win today

Comment

It's a while since I've seen a horse go from travelling really well to stopped as quickly as WWW did yesterday, glad Heskin pulled him up when he was clearly distressed. That race will have taken it's toll I reckon on Blacklion, plenty of time till the GN but it could well have left it's mark, needed a stepladder to get over the last

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                              It's a while since I've seen a horse go from travelling really well to stopped as quickly as WWW did yesterday, glad Heskin pulled him up when he was clearly distressed. That race will have taken it's toll I reckon on Blacklion, plenty of time till the GN but it could well have left it's mark, needed a stepladder to get over the last
                              I thought about you as he hit the front and then looked away from the screen. Stopped too quickly for it to be stamina so as long as something comes to light and he is okay, I can see him being very interesting in the GN

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                I thought about you as he hit the front and then looked away from the screen. Stopped too quickly for it to be stamina so as long as something comes to light and he is okay, I can see him being very interesting in the GN
                                Agreed Kev, have to wait and see what they say, was counting me dosh though when he went on, already backed him for the GN, keeping my fingers crossed now

Comment

Working...
                                X