Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2018 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
    Yep, remember when he was being talked up as a novice so always highly thought of.
    Long absence leading up to Cheltenham not ideal but I always throw a few silly scores on some big price ones and at 140/150 I've thrown a dart....
    Thanks Ista. I've always kept an eye out for him. Might be nowhere but worth a couple of quid.

Comment

• Still struggling to form a strong opinion on the big one. Not surprising I suppose as there are easier races literally every day to find the winner of... but my position so far:

Ante post
      1 pt - 50/1 - Tiger Roll
      0/5 pts e/w 50/1 - The Young Master (5 places)

Today I've added
      Maggio 6 places - 100/1 0.5 pts e/w
      Maggio needs a little explaining but I have heard him mentioned positivly on a podcast which comforts me a bit - April 2016 he won at Aintree over 3m1f on soft ground at 50/1. Was the mildmay course but 100/1 seems a fair price. Nick Schofield was going to ride but has gone for Vicente instead so Brendan Powell takes the ride. That can't be a positive but he's 100/1 and I've had a flyer.
      Bless the Wings - see below, added during the post

A few thoughts on some while I watch Juve come back against Real Madrid...

Total Recall - For some reason I haven't warmed to this horse all season, but can't find any reason other than him racing a bit freely to not fancy him. Well, that and his price.

Minella Rocco - I see he's 20/1, 6 places - I keep thinking he can't jump well enough AND he won';t like the ground AND he's not shown any good form..... and as soon as I am ready to rule him out, I think that he's beaten Native River twice and Native River would be clear fav for this race.

Blaklion - I don't think the winner of this race would be the horse he appeared not to see out the trip last year on more testing ground. The way he stopped last time out doesn't bother me in terms of him "recovering" but he isn't the dour stayer I once had him begged as. I don't like the horse either. Doesn't affect his chance but I won't be backing him.

Anibale Fly - I do like this horse, I had him each way at 36s e/w in the GC and that run and I hope he runs well for MoM who has the double with Patrick Reed - but his price is well and truly found and he doesn't make appeal at the current price IMO.

Baie Des Iles - This seems to be where all the "smart money" has been going. Didn't back at 25s so don't want to at 16s now. Would be a complete "trend buster" ... which I'd like to see... and I actually think I might tip this horse to all the once a year punters that contact me and all the work colleagues who want one.... you can't go wrong with a white horse, in pink, ridden by Katie Walsh!

Seeyouatmidnight - Like this horse, on the shortlist for sure but I can't say he's too big a price at 16s really, when its still 11/1 the field

The Last Samuri and Ucello Conti - both strong place claims but I Don't think either will be winning the race. Both too highly tried.

I Just Know - Quite high on my shortlist too at this stage for Sue Smith. Fits a lot of the trends, likeable connections and decent form in the book. Can see me adding this.

Skipping quite a few now but going to add another...Bless The Wings 66/1 - 6 places
      Nothing original about this, purely feel like 66/1 is too big for Gordon Elliott and Jack Kennedy. CLEARLY wouldn't be sending the horse here with no chance when he's trying to pick up every single pot in Ireland, and I think that has been missed in the market. Obviously the horse is too old to win and all that, but I think he's the type to run really well.
      Last edited by Kevloaf; 11 April 2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Serious bets:

Tiger Roll e/w at average 30/1
        Raz de Maree e/w at 40/1

Reasonable interest:

Minella Rocco ew at average 16/1

Darts:

Maggio win at 140
        Double Ross win at 150
        Perfect Candidate win at 160
        Chase the Spud win at 100
        Valseur Lido win at 110
        Pendra win 130

Comment

• I was on Blaklion at 25s but I've pretty much written it off.

Pendra at 110s, I Just Know 50s.

Also backed Tenor Nivernais and Houblon des Obeaux at silly odds because of the stable's recent form. Hoping for rain...

Comment

• Mine were antepost nrnb - Tiger Roll at 16's and then a few randoms at low stakes: I Just Know 33/1; Pleasant Company 33/1; Double Ross & Splash of Ginge at 50/1

Comment

• Added Vintage clouds to my selections on monday , but i did'nt realise it's no 45 on the list . , Could have been something
              to do with writing out my Patrick reed bet @ 50-1 and then not putting it on

Comment

• With Reed winning the golf at 40/1, I’m edfectively on Annibale Fly @ 532/1 now

Come on the Fly

Comment

• Bet365 just announce their 50% back on losing e/w bets

Comment

• Good luck with your bet MOM, you've a real live chance with that one.

Comment

• I’ve just added Gold Present as a ‘reasonable interest’.
                      28/1, hated the ground at Cheltenham, well thought of by the yard and always shaped as though a real stamina test is needed.
                      28/1 each way 6 places looks OK to me...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                        I’ve just added Gold Present as a ‘reasonable interest’.
                        28/1, hated the ground at Cheltenham, well thought of by the yard and always shaped as though a real stamina test is needed.
                        28/1 each way 6 places looks OK to me...
                        Am i being blind or is he a non-runner??

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                          Am i being blind or is he a non-runner??
                          non runner , road to riches last one in

Comment

• I think Carlingford Lough is interesting at the prices.

Comment

• Anyone think that there will be more in the 40,(apart from g.present) that will not Run ?. Ground ? ,

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                                Anyone think that there will be more in the 40,(apart from g.present) that will not Run ?. Ground ? ,
                                Mccoy mentioned minella rocco may be pulled due to ground

Comment

Working...
                                X