Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Fox Hunters Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foxrock entered up this weekend for a hunter, noticed there is a change of trainer also to Alan Flemming

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
      Foxrock entered up this weekend for a hunter, noticed there is a change of trainer also to Alan Flemming
      Certainly had a high level of ability.

Interesting he's moved trainer... I had a look but can't see any significant Alan Fleming horses in the last 7 years in this race... although he has had some of the owners horses...

Mr M J O'Hare is an amatuer the trainer used recently... I know nothing about him...

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
        Good horse but wouldn't fit the ideal profile for the winner.
        Winners usually come from the PTP/Hunter codes and are often 9yo or younger.
        A recent developing trend is for horses who were unplaced in the previous years renewal winning the following year so worth noting anything that is returning after a failed attempt last year.

Ignoring age Balnaslow could be that horse, and so could Ask the Weatherman....
        Last edited by Istabraq; 17 January 2018, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          A recent developing trend is for horses who were unplaced in the previous years renewal winning the following year so worth noting anything that is returning after a failed attempt last year.

Cracking knowledge that Ista... so also by that logic (ignoring age and placing lol) On the fringe, who lets not forget was a short price favourite last year (11/8 I think), finished 4th but was held up in the rear and in fairness stayed on a treat, must be considered. Billy Hill are currently 33/1!! Wow thats defo worth a blast
          Last edited by TheEagleHasLanded; 18 January 2018, 10:31 AM. Reason: update

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

By the same token i'd put up Wonderful Charm. Think that one will have the edge over Pacha Du Polder this year and would reckon that it will be Bryony's chosen ride

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
              By the same token i'd put up Wonderful Charm. Think that one will have the edge over Pacha Du Polder this year and would reckon that it will be Bryony's chosen ride
              Pretty sure ask the weatherman is being campaigned over shorter now.

Hills price about wonderful charm is very fair.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Pretty sure ask the weatherman is being campaigned over shorter now.

Hills price about wonderful charm is very fair.
                Should definitely be there or thereabouts. In good order apparently at home

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                  Robbante, looks like Robert Waley Cohen has bought a share of Wonderful Charm
                  Therefore,his son Sam will surely take the ride
                  Expect Bryony to ride pacha du polder

Comment

Originally posted by Liammet View Post
                    Robbante, looks like Robert Waley Cohen has bought a share of Wonderful Charm
                    Therefore,his son Sam will surely take the ride
                    Expect Bryony to ride pacha du polder
                    Good spot. Either way will probably be on Wonderful Charm to reverse the form, always thought him the classier horse of the two and a year younger may help

Comment

I’ve backed Burning Ambition, won well over Christmas and is due to have another run for experience, nice up and coming Hunter Chaser I think, also interesting John Magnier has put his name to the ownership as he’s not a bad judge of horses

Comment

Originally posted by paz247 View Post
                        I’ve backed Burning Ambition, won well over Christmas and is due to have another run for experience, nice up and coming Hunter Chaser I think, also interesting John Magnier has put his name to the ownership as he’s not a bad judge of horses
                        Can see this horse becoming a

'Fat Jockey Forum Foxhunter Friday Fancy'

Comment

Not the five f's, That high praise indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Can see this horse becoming a

'Fat Jockey Forum Foxhunter Friday Fancy'
                            The more I look at the race, the more I think that 10/1 I mentioned I took on here is ridiculous. Wonderful Charm is the only horse that worries me.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                              The more I look at the race, the more I think that 10/1 I mentioned I took on here is ridiculous. Wonderful Charm is the only horse that worries me.
                              I haven't backed yet.... going to watch to see how Foxrock gets on today agaionst Gilgamboa, then I might have a bet on Burning Ambition... don't think anything today will affect his price but if Foxrock looks amazing I might go each way...

Comment

Barel Of Laughs who came 3rd last year, isn't quoted?

After the 3rd in the Foxhunters he won a PTP then won in May at Chelt over C&D in the Timico Mixed Open Gold Cup Final Hunters' Chase

12yo, but placed horses have a good record? was 100/1 last year so hopefing for the same again

Comment

Working...
                                X