Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Fox Hunters Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Paul Nicholls rates leading St James's Place Foxhunter Chase contender Wonderful Charm as his best chance of saddling a winner at next month's Cheltenham Festival.

For those on the 5/1 Nicholls to win the race...

Nicholls said: "We'll probably end up running four in the Foxhunter.

"Unioniste won at Fontwell and will be ridden by Mr (David) Maxwell who owns him. Virak, who will be ridden by Lorcan Williams, Wonderful Charm, who will be ridden by Sam Waley-Cohen as they have bought into the horse now, and Pacha Du Polder, who won it last year and ran at Doncaster last week (will also run).
    I am guessing the 5/1 is no longer there? If it is can someone kindly point me in the right direction? I have quite a bit staked on burning ambition and be good cover.

Comment

• Skybet Cheltenham Request A Bet but I think it's long gone. Commiserations on your losing BA bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
        Skybet Cheltenham Request A Bet but I think it's long gone. Commiserations on your losing BA bet.
        Haha! I am still keen. Just a little cover be nice

Comment

• Originally posted by horseflyuk View Post
          I am guessing the 5/1 is no longer there? If it is can someone kindly point me in the right direction? I have quite a bit staked on burning ambition and be good cover.
          All the more reason to check on the forum every day, and nuggets like this will be highlighted

*I should be a salesman*

Comment

• Originally posted by kevloaf View Post
            all the more reason to check on the forum every day, and nuggets like this will be highlighted

*i should be a salesman*
            "kevloaf 366 " b.o.g. B.o.g.o.f.f

Comment

• I quite like Cousin Pete

Each Way @ 25-1 [Skybet] BOG & NRNB

Thought he was unlucky not to beat Sir Jack Yeats at Market Rasen, who has won since.

Pete didn't get the best of rides, but over further and better ground think he is a live contender

Comment

• Ended up replacing Morning Assembly with Barel Of Laughs at 40/1. Had to dig a little because like several horses he wasn't originally listed on Oddschecker.

He was third last year at 100/1 but has well at Cheltenham several times. He is one of the pensioners and although it was a poor race last year this year's renewal is only of similar quality.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                  Ended up replacing Morning Assembly with Barel Of Laughs at 40/1. Had to dig a little because like several horses he wasn't originally listed on Oddschecker.

He was third last year at 100/1 but has well at Cheltenham several times. He is one of the pensioners and although it was a poor race last year this year's renewal is only of similar quality.
                  Personally think it's without a doubt the strongest renewal iv seen.
                  You've got

Wonderful charm
                  Virak
                  Burning ambition
                  Foxrock
                  Volnay de thaix
                  Caid du berlais
                  Unioniste

It's a very strong but open renewal.
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 3 March 2018, 09:17 AM.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    Personally think it's without a doubt the strongest renewal iv seen.
                    You've got

Wonderful charm
                    Virak
                    Burning ambition
                    Foxrock
                    Volnay de thaix
                    Caid du berlais
                    Unioniste

It's a very strong but open renewal.
                    Burning Ambition could easily be a non-stayer and then you left with how much the others have deteriorated. I suspect plenty.

Comment

Burning Ambition could easily be a non-stayer and then you left with how much the others have deteriorated. I suspect plenty.
                      You have to take the race were looking at into that apparent deteriation. Anything that could go close in a 3m class 2 handicap would have a cracking chance in this. None of these would be winning a graded race.

The likes of volnay de thaix would tank all over barrel of laughs in a match race. Can be a rough race in a big field of inexperienced jockeys though. You could run this 5 times and have 3 or 4 different winners.
                      Last edited by Scooby91; 3 March 2018, 09:30 AM.
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I don't need to get involved in this race now... I'm done

but Wonderful Charm at 7/1 (or 6/1 NR) is a decent price. Sam Waley-Cohen knows how to win on that course and distance and the occassion won't get to him.

HAving watched the price crash on Burning Ambition, if you looked at the race now, I'd 100% take WC at 7/1 than BA at 4/1

Comment

I don't need to get involved in this race now... I'm done

but Wonderful Charm at 7/1 (or 6/1 NR) is a decent price. Sam Waley-Cohen knows how to win on that course and distance and the occassion won't get to him.

HAving watched the price crash on Burning Ambition, if you looked at the race now, I'd 100% take WC at 7/1 than BA at 4/1
                          Waley-Cohen would have been a plus about 5 years ago.

Comment

Waley-Cohen would have been a plus about 5 years ago.
                            Do you see him as a negative now?

Comment

• On I.t.v racing today ., Mark johnston (Racecaller ) gave a shout for Foxrock .the other commentator's saying he know's his
                              stuff with the Foxhunter racing .

Comment

Do you see him as a negative now?
                                Obviously, not a negative as such but probably not the big plus lots of people will assume. 9 winners in the last three seasons and 20 in previous three. I think that is a reasonable reflection.

Comment

Working...
                                X