Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Fox Hunters Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
    I don't know how many rides but Codd has never won the race. So the idea of whatever he rides wins has never worked before.
    True but it can't be seen as a negative.

Comment

I don't know how many rides but Codd has never won the race. So the idea of whatever he rides wins has never worked before.
      The idea of whatever he rides has a better chance than if he doesn't ride is true regardless of how many wins he's had in this specific race.

Nobody can argue he isn't in the top 3 best amatuers. It is a plus.

Comment

Never think what a certain jockey rides wins, but do see it as a positive booking.

Just had a looked, he's only had 6 rides in it from 2002, his first 2, when he was very young ended up PU-F, but he was very inexperienced then anyway so could easily dismiss these. Looking at his overall festival form he has certainly got better with age.

His full 6 rides have ended PU-F-PU-0-6-4 so he gradually getting better in the race and maybe it will be the number one spot this year, here's hoping anyway!

Comment

• Originally posted by faugheenthemachine View Post
          jamie codd confirmed to ride burning ambition; be very short on the day now surely
          get in there!

Comment

• Paul Nicholls rates leading St James's Place Foxhunter Chase contender Wonderful Charm as his best chance of saddling a winner at next month's Cheltenham Festival.

For those on the 5/1 Nicholls to win the race...

Nicholls said: "We'll probably end up running four in the Foxhunter.

"Unioniste won at Fontwell and will be ridden by Mr (David) Maxwell who owns him. Virak, who will be ridden by Lorcan Williams, Wonderful Charm, who will be ridden by Sam Waley-Cohen as they have bought into the horse now, and Pacha Du Polder, who won it last year and ran at Doncaster last week (will also run).

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Paul Nicholls rates leading St James's Place Foxhunter Chase contender Wonderful Charm as his best chance of saddling a winner at next month's Cheltenham Festival.

https://www.racinguk.com/news/wonder...-paul-nicholls
              With Morning Assembly out, Wonderful Charm is the biggest danger in my opinion.

Comment

Paul Nicholls rates leading St James's Place Foxhunter Chase contender Wonderful Charm as his best chance of saddling a winner at next month's Cheltenham Festival.

"Unioniste won at Fontwell and will be ridden by Mr (David) Maxwell who owns him. Virak, who will be ridden by Lorcan Williams, Wonderful Charm, who will be ridden by Sam Waley-Cohen as they have bought into the horse now, and Pacha Du Polder, who won it last year and ran at Doncaster last week (will also run).
                What a state of affairs. Multiple champion trainer relying on one of the worst ever Foxhunters to get one on the board. Does this kind of thing still get frowned upon by the point to point community?

Comment

I put this up initially at 3/1, when I thought it was a fair bet, but 5/1 for potentially 4 runners in a race, unreal price, given it also covers the Burning Ambition bet, without needing to cover them all individually.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                    With Morning Assembly out, Wonderful Charm is the biggest danger in my opinion.
                    With Morning Assembly out, Burning Ambition might just scrape a place in my opinion.

Comment

What a state of affairs. Multiple champion trainer relying on one of the worst ever Foxhunters to get one on the board. Does this kind of thing still get frowned upon by the point to point community?
                      It is strange that Nicholls still doesn't have a huge owner attached to him... must be a personality thing because he's undoubtably a magnificent trainer... and is known for staying chasers.

Maybe some of the owners on here can shed some light

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                        Jamie Codd confirmed to ride Burning Ambition; be very short on the day now surely
                        And the plot horse has its jockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
                          Nice quote if your a WC fan...
                          I saw this today too , Already fancied W.charm for this . so music to my ears . good jockey booking too.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                            I saw this today too , Already fancied W.charm for this . so music to my ears . good jockey booking too.
                            Is that Waley-Cohen?

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                              Is that Waley-Cohen?
                              Yep. His Dad is part owner of the horse.

Comment

• thought I read that somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X