Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Fox Hunters Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    Unioniste aiming to get qualified shortly. Another interesting runner and another good bullet for the PN to win the race at 5/1 backers.

9th in the Kim Muir last year is very good form in the context of this race.
    Happy with that.

To have Wonderful Charm, Virak, Unioniste and Pacha du Polder running for you at 5/1 is very very good.

Is Caid du Berlais eligable? I didn't think he was but can see he has been running and winning in points since January including today? Out of all of the Nicholls runners he was one of the ones I would have liked most, 2nd in the Fred Winter, 3rd in the Martin Pipe, won the Paddy Power Gold Cup, 8th in the Pertemps last season

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
      Happy with that.

To have Wonderful Charm, Virak, Unioniste and Pacha du Polder running for you at 5/1 is very very good.

Is Caid du Berlais eligable? I didn't think he was but can see he has been running and winning in points since January including today? Out of all of the Nicholls runners he was one of the ones I would have liked most, 2nd in the Fred Winter, 3rd in the Martin Pipe, won the Paddy Power Gold Cup, 8th in the Pertemps last season
      Is he still with PN jono? Thought I’d heard he had moved? Only heard it from a mate so he may well have been wrong!

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
        No , Mrs Loxton
        Sorry hadn’t read that. Thanks quevega.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
          Happy with that.

It's blue enough on oddschecker to be eligible, I think it is.
          Any idea whos' been riding it ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Not to be.
            MORNING ASSEMBLY unseats at fence one at Tinahely and looses his chance to book a last minute ticket to the Foxhunters.
            Nothing lost (NRNB) but that sounds like a complete shambles. If the inexperienced jock gets unseated in a point probably a fair chance that Cheltenham would have been too much for him. I don't remember the horse as a poor jumper.

Comment

• No you guys are right - recently moved to Mrs Loxton. (just saw the replies after posting!) I was going on an interview by Nicholls at the end of January where he was mentioned in his hunter team

Comment

• Honestly think the 5/1 on him winning this race is one of my favourite bets of the week. Could end up having 4 of the first 5 in the betting!

Comment

• Unioniste still 33/1 with SJ.

Comment

Unioniste still 33/1 with SJ.
                    Mr Maxwell will be riding Unioniste which is a considerable disadvantage when he's up against Codd, O'Connor etc but can't knock the price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                      Mr Maxwell will be riding Unioniste which is a considerable disadvantage when he's up against Codd, O'Connor etc but can't knock the price.
                      Can’t argue with that FM! Don’t fancy him all that much to be honest, but 33’s surely too big so had a small ew interest.

Comment

Honestly think the 5/1 on him winning this race is one of my favourite bets of the week. Could end up having 4 of the first 5 in the betting!
                        He won't have the fav though

Comment

Can’t argue with that FM! Don’t fancy him all that much to be honest, but 33’s surely too big so had a small ew interest.
                          Agreed. He's such a good jumper that the jockey might not matter until after last.

He could be a horse who'll be a huge price on the exchanges and I'll probably have a few quid on just before the off.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                            He won't have the fav though
                            Not sure. Think Wonderful Charm could well go off fav myself. But even if he hasn’t it will still be too big.

Comment

Not sure. Think Wonderful Charm could well go off fav myself. But even if he hasn’t it will still be too big.
                              I think its a good bet. They really do fancy this fav. Nearly everyone I talk too mentions BA as the bet of the festival???

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                                I think its a good bet. They really do fancy this fav. Nearly everyone I talk too mentions BA as the bet of the festival???
                                Just can’t see it myself doctor. He’s got a decent chance clearly, but I just don’t see any reason why he deserves to be a hot fav. Only decent race he’s run in was last time and he came up short. Didn’t look to get home to me either and the extra distance and the Cheltenham hill don’t look ideal for him.

More hype than substance for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X