Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Fox Hunters Chase 2018

Anyone heard or seen a good Foxhunter that might just turn up here with a chance? Was p155ed of years ago just before the festival as the bloke in front of me to get a haircut was the owner of kingscliff (2003 winner) By that time was 6/4 !!

About 4 months too early for me to think about this race

Killultagh Vic seems to have disappeared from the betting which is good news

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane fly View Post
    Killultagh Vic seems to have disappeared from the betting which is good news
    Yeah someone posted elsewhere, 'too good for hunter chases' - 'plenty of time for that in the future' and he's gone back to Willie

Im pretty sure Foxrock will meet the criteria this year and looks to have a favs chance, if hes fit and well and gets entered in a Hunter Chase i wont be looking any further.

On The Fringe was said to be retiring after last years flop but connections had a change of mind over the Summer, he is now taking the same route as always en route to the big Spring Hunters, whether you can make a case for him is another matter but this has been won by 13yo before...

Quote Originally Posted by billymag View Post
    Im pretty sure Foxrock will meet the criteria this year and looks to have a favs chance, if hes fit and well and gets entered in a Hunter Chase i wont be looking any further.
    Yeah that rings a bell.... Not a race I will pay much attention to other than looking for an easy play to be honest so Fox might be my one and only.

Previously placed horses seem to have a good record too

Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    On The Fringe was said to be retiring after last years flop but connections had a change of mind over the Summer, he is now taking the same route as always en route to the big Spring Hunters, whether you can make a case for him is another matter but this has been won by 13yo before...
    Price is everything I suppose....

Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    My heart is still broken by his damp run last year. Still can't even

Gilgamboa is an interesting addition to Hunter Chases. Rated at 150 he will be one of the higher rated horses to go Hunter chasing this season.

Don't think he's able to run at Cheltenham.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/grad...-points/303232