Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Racing Podcasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing Podcasts

Just had a thought that some of you might know some good racing podcasts that others might be interested in. I've just posted this in the Cheltenham forum but it probably belongs here.... post them and I'll edit this post to make the list more substantial

Racing Post Podcast x2 (Review show Monday and preview show Friday)

Final Furlong Now Friday and Mondays

Matchbook Podcast (Usually Thursday)(Not just horse racing though)

Monday Night Review (Usually comes out Tuesday)

Racehour Podcast (Sponsered by BetBright, seems a bit sporadic but good guests when on)

Horse Racing Ireland (Little snippets in the week and a Friday preview)

Talksport (They do mostly other sports but they do a Saturday preview...although think it is done live on Talksport in the morning and just gets posted a few hours later

Only Balls and Horses Nick Goff, Oli Bell and Tom Stanley. Covers NFL, Racing and Football. It's fairly light-hearted and easy listening. (Thanks FM)

Jumps Racing - https://soundcloud.com/jumpsracing (thanks jono)

SportingLife Usually Dave Ord, Ben Linfoot, Matt Brocklebank and Michael Shinners (Skybet) - lots of none horse related stuff too though

Equine Forum A US based show... not many in to US racing I suppose but it was pretty interesting listening to them discuss Mendelssohn - https://player.fm/series/the-horse-r...etwork-podcast

I listen using "Soundcloud" as an app on my android or just on the website.... I assume they're all easy to find if you have an iphone too.

If anyone knows any others that are worth listening to, let us know and I'll keep updating
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 17 April 2018, 07:50 PM.

I hadn't come across Horse Racing Ireland, cheers! Another to add to the list:

Jumps Racing
    Brought to you by www.horseracing.net, the Jumps Racing Podcast is a weekly look at all things Jumps racing, as we progress through the 2019/20 National Hunt season, and ultimately build up to the 202

Just started up over the last 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Only balls & horses is another.

Nick Goff, Oli Bell and Tom Stanley. Covers NFL, Racing and Football. It's fairly light-hearted and easy listening.

Comment

Kev - I'd recommend paying for Pocket Cast. I have the app set up so that it downloads the podcasts when I have WiFi, meaning I can listen to them even without a signal.

The only podcasts I haven't found on their are the #MNR (listened to this today) and any Sportinglife updates.

Comment

Listening to all these podcasts, it makes you realise how good the FFP is.
          Emmett Kennedy is head and shoulders above the others in terms of presenting

Comment

I will check that out FM ...

I can't stand the girl that does the Racing post Monday Maddie... it just seems to be constant awkward interludes about Pricewise moaning or age related 'jokes'.

I might start one

Comment

Listened to the Racing Post podcast on my way home.

I feel a little bit angry about it.

Pricewise, the headline tipster for the Grand National, didn't watch the race. He was watching the football team he supports.

Now the Grand National is one of the biggest races in the calender, for a man who has a career and salary paid based on his knowledge and ability to tip race horses, top not have enough interest in that race to watch it, I find just staggering.

Probably shouldn't have annoyed me as much as it has - but people seem to get paid for watching and talk about racing and they like it less than I do

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Listened to the Racing Post podcast on my way home.

I feel a little bit angry about it.

Pricewise, the headline tipster for the Grand National, didn't watch the race. He was watching the football team he supports.

Now the Grand National is one of the biggest races in the calender, for a man who has a career and salary paid based on his knowledge and ability to tip race horses, top not have enough interest in that race to watch it, I find just staggering.

Probably shouldn't have annoyed me as much as it has - but people seem to get paid for watching and talk about racing and they like it less than I do
                He annoyed me as well Kev. Not only did he not watch it but he was very bitter about the race, most probably because he couldn't find the winner.

His whole rant was full of contradictions and left me wondering how he still has a high profile job in the racing post.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  He annoyed me as well Kev. Not only did he not watch it but he was very bitter about the race, most probably because he couldn't find the winner.

His whole rant was full of contradictions and left me wondering how he still has a high profile job in the racing post.
                  Yeah exactly, seems more and more dispondant about the game, ante-post betting and betting in general over the whole season.

I think they seem to be a little bit 'lost' in what they're trying to do. The Monday one is hardly ever an actual review of the weekend, more a preview for the weekend to come when really they just name the best horses likely to run. I don't know who that is aimed at?

Still better than some, and I can't imagine a week where I miss it still....and I enjoy it iwhen all said and done, but it isn't essential listening.

Comment

Is this Tom Segal you're referring to ?
                    I saw Paul Kiely took over Pricewise duties the week before, maybe a shift taking place ?

I know Segal doesn't bet big, I used to know Bruce Millington and he said Segal and the main football man bet in fivers and tenners, surprised me that....

Comment

The so called experts big call on the final furlong podcast last week was to put people off Tiger Roll in the Grand National. These podcasts are a waste of time imo though I guess it can replace company if you're lonely.

Comment

Originally posted by redandwhite View Post
                        The so called experts big call on the final furlong podcast last week was to put people off Tiger Roll in the Grand National. These podcasts are a waste of time imo though I guess it can replace company if you're lonely.
                        I don't use any of the racing podcasts as tipping podcasts, instead I just like to listen to other people's opinions in case there is something I may have missed. Sometimes I agree with them and sometimes I strongly disagree but at the end of the day I make my own decisions of what to back, that way I only have myself to blame when it goes wrong.

Comment

I agree on the Segal rant, completely ridiculous considering he said he couldn't even be bothered watching it and full of contradictions.

I found it interesting that he appeared to be complaining that he finds the race boring because it's not like the old days when half the field would turn up and have absolutely no chance of winning, which suggests he doesn't like it because it's more competitive and he struggles to find a winner these days.

Comment

The #MNR podcast also called out TS for his ridiculous rant. Fair play to them.

Comment

The #MNR podcast also called out TS for his ridiculous rant. Fair play to them.
                              Yeah that made me smile.

If we're mentioning annoying people though, the boy anhcoring that (that works for OLGB) is absolutely stealing a living.

Comment

Working...
                              X